Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:00 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Rusty Window Regulator
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 8:02 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
Are there any "universal" options for window regulators too rusty too use? I need a couple for a 1975 Valiant. Can other mopar regulators be hacked to work?

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 8:54 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
any thing is possible, but I would look for some one parting out a similar A body.

over at FABO there are several guys that specialize in parting out cars. I would put a post up in the parts wanted section here and at For A Bodies Only

or, another option is Wild Cat Wrecking,,,,,

and lastly, another option to save your existing regulator is soaking it in Evaporust.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 10:25 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
No...there is nothing universal for the A-body, we ain't chevy/GMC... will need to determine if it's a 2 or 4 door unit as the window "arm" on the regulator is different lengths...and the side of the vehicle...it will be a 67-76 A-body interchange pending door count.

Just to tell you a story about Wildcat... I sat and waited for 45 minutes to pick up the F-body 3.23 sure grip rear for my son's Aspen...while standing around
another customer drove up from Roseburg to get a regulator for his 1968 Barracuda....Randy pulled a unit off the racks near the shop that had been in the weather for who knows
how long...sprayed it with WD and rolled it up and down to show it worked...customer told me in the parking lot after they got my axle loaded and stopped before driving out
that he paid $125 and it looked like crap (rusty), and wasnt sure how long it would last in his car, but nobody else had his "part", so he paid for it....If he had done his research
he probably could have driven half way and gotten a later model regulator from the Pick A Part in Lebanon...he wasn't comfortable about the WD move, but felt he had no other
choices at the time for a replacement. Caveat Emptor...