Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:49 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:01 am 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Just had it confirmed there will be ba a major Mopar Car Show & Drag Race weekend at California Speedway in May 2007. The specific date has not been confirmed at this time. They are ready for a Sl6 race. This should be along the line of Mopars at the Strip. Anyone interested?

Doug, we need to talk. Send me PM.

Post subject: So Cal Mopar Shootout
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:18 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
More info: the So Cal Mopars Shootout is scheduled to be held Memorial Day weekend, May 25, 26, 27, & possibly roll into the 28th, 2007. Car show, drags, swap, & vendors at the Auto Club Dragway at California Speedway. D&M Promotions, Inc. is responsible for this new Southern California all Mopar event. D&M Promotions, Inc. are the same people doing the Lone Star Shootout in Houston. They are receptive to a Slant Six race.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:31 am 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
Their web site is http://www.moparshootout.com

I am still working on the pages for the SoCal Shootout. When Dave and Michelle get more info for the race the pages for that part of the web site will be up and running.

I am sure that the turnout of slant 6r's at the Lone Star Shootout will be a deciding factor in what they do in Fontana. You guys need to show up and race!!!

I have stuck my neck out and am parially sponsoring the class in Houston so don't let me down!

That ain't blood..... my tranny leaks.

www.millerperformance.net /6 friendly!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:52 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Has anyone talked to Michelle at D&M Promotions about a Slant race at the So-Cal Mopar Shootout, (321) 243-5231, e-mail: show@moparshootout.com, Memorial Day weekend, May 26 & 27, at Auto Club Dragway at the California Speedway in Fontana? These are the same people who put on the Lonestar Shootout in Houston.

What would it take to get it done at Fontana? Money, payout, amount of cars? Can't wait much longer to get this on their schedule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:39 pm 
Guru

Car Model: Many Darts and a Dacuda
This event sounds like fun.
We need to get the word-out so some SL6 cars show-up.
Any chance of getting some prize money for an all SL6 bracket?
DD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:54 am 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
I had mentioned a SL6 race to Michelle last July & she was receptive. That was about the time I did my first post on the event. After the disappointing turnout in Houston last October they may not be as receptive.

I'm not familiar with what it takes to setup a SL6 bracket & was looking for direction/advice from anyone who has done this in the past. Haven't heard anything from anyone until now. Any help/ideas would be appreciated. I'm sure if we can can come up with a class sponsor willing to put up the prize money we would get the race, but I can't wait much longer to talk with Michelle.

DD; I'll send you a pm so we can talk.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:24 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Just talked with Michelle about the Slant Six bracket/class at the So-Cal Mopar Shootout May 26 & 27 at Auto Club Dragway in Fontana. She will be more than happy to set up a bracket/class. She has requested that someone with a Slant Six car who wants to race send her an e-mail saying they want to race in a Slant Six bracket/class. E-mail Michelle at show@moparshootout.com .

DD: If you supply her with the same info that gets supplied for Mopars at the Strip she will have the race run as you request. If you want a points race it can be a points race.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:27 pm 
Guru

Car Model:
Good work Mike!

Everyone anywhere near this event should try to support it. (a West Coast racing event)

Here is a link to the raceway's website, this is a nice facility.
http://www.californiaspeedway.com/dragway

For all the SL6ers in the SoCal area, this is right in your own "backyard".
Send an email showing your support!
DD