Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:48 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:05 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
The Redding drag strip has their own website. If you go to: www.reddingdragstrip.com you will see a photo of Mike with his "Buzzin Half Dozen " car. If you put your mouse on his car, it will open up some photos of several of the slant6 and inliner cars we had at the last races. As you can see, the track manager is really trying to promote both our upcoming racers. (May 13-14 and again on August 26-27) This will be the first West Coast points race if we can get enough slant6 cars to participate. I have firm commitments of 7 cars right now but we would like to have more. There are so many members from the West Coast that do have race or stock slant6 cars that have never been to one of our races. Any chance more of you could try to make one or both of these races? At Vegas there were many basically stock slant6 cars and they all were very competitive with one of them finishing up in 3rd place. I will sponsor lst and 2nd place trophies and we will again bracket race which makes it fair for all cars. Please make plans to show up for the May 13-14 races. There are lots of information on lodging, what-to-do in Redding, track information on the website. For racing questions, feel free to contact myself of Doug. SEE YOU IN REDDING, MAY13-14

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:08 am 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
I'm learning that very few tracks will will go out of their way to recognize slant racers. Let's show Redding Dragstrip we appreciate what they are doing for us. All you West Coast slanters who haven't raced before, please come to this one so I won't be alone. Thanks

Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:49 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Hi Paul: Thanks for joining us and making these West Coast slant6 races a success. Now we just need others to make a "commitment" and join us at Redding in May. The track manager gives us our own area with lots of room to bring your RV or motor home (no overnight charge). Once you join in...you will be "hooked". We just started just one year ago with the Vegas event. New racers with a new car...Now we can't wait for the next race. Redding raceway has "bent over backwards" to make these two events a success. We should be able as a group to recipricate and show up with our cars. MAY 13-14 AND AGAIN AUGUST 26-27 @ REDDING RACEWAY. Thanks Paul for your support...Looking forward to seeing you at Redding in May. I know have firm commitments for 8 slant6 cars...WE NEED MORE....Wayne in Chico

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:43 am 
Guru

Car Model: Many Darts and a Dacuda
Good Job Wayne!
Redding is a fun events, there were lots of Inliners and SL6 cars last year.
No shortage of chances to make runs and to learn the "ropes" of Drag racing/
My son Allen got to do his first drag strip pass at Redding last year, everyone there was really supportive.
See you at the races!
DD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:30 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Hi Doug: You forgot to tell all that Allen made it all the way to the quarter finals at Vegas. Good going Allen...See you both at Redding...Aren't there others out there from the slant6 group that want to come to a west coast slant6 race for test-n-tune or just to see what kind of times their car will run and to support this slant6 event? Wayne in Chico

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:15 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model: 68 Valiant
Anyone got a Slant rental car they're not using? :twisted: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:45 am 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
I would rent it to you if when I got it back it all of a sudden ran 11's!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Cory

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:09 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
We have several first time racers who have expressed a interest in coming to Redding on May 13-14. Also, Mike Jeffries might be flying out and helping with some test/tuning on one of his race motors. He has been offered one of Mike Williams cars to run at Redding so his race team should get some early May slant6 points. Please check out Reddings' drag strip website(www.reddingdragstrip.com) and put your mouse on the photo of Mike's racecar. It will show you some of the cars we had last year at one of our slant6/inliner meet . Contact Doug Dutra or Wayne for any further questions. Motels, directions, ect are on the Reddings website. We need all slant6 cars so please try to make this event on May13-14.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:10 pm 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model: 68 Valiant
Hyper'72Valiant wrote:
I would rent it to you if when I got it back it all of a sudden ran 11's!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Cory

There would probably be a little bill that came with it too. :lol: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:06 pm 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
I'm trying to bring two cars. Trying to talk my wife into driving the second car. Need to find radiator ('66 Valiant). Will keep you posted.

Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:04 am 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Cory

Post subject: Redding updates:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:15 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Good going Paul..Way to go..We need cars...I am bringing my stock Signet and my sons' girlfriend will drive it. I told her to just put it in drive and let the car do its thing. She and your wife will be a good "race". We try to pair up the slower stock cars together so it makes it very competitive and with the bracket racing "head starts" for the slower cars, they usually do very well. At Vegas, Allen Dutra made it all the way to the quarter finals with his stock station wagon that he drove all the way to vegas hauling Doug new ride. Mike Williams drove his 100% stock 1-barrel Dart from Orland, Calif and he made it to the semi-finals. Again, I can't stress the point enough that all slant6 cars are welcome and 'WE NEED CARS". Drop me or Doug a email if you have any questions or to let us know you will be able to make this slant6 event. There must be others from Northern Calif. that can make a commitment like Paul has to more involved in our mutual interest. Wayne in Chico (waynee@dcsi.net)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:25 am 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
My wife wants to come to Redding, but doen't want to drive/race my old car. So maybe my brother will drive the Valiant. Still have to make it drivable and safe.
A buddy is fabbing a set of split exhaust manifolds for me. He works at Marathon Coach so his quality standards are significantly above high school shop level! I gave him three manifolds and basic instructions and asked him to do what he could with them. I was only asking for a set for the Belvedere, but just found out he is building second set for the Valiant. How much single malt do I owe him :?: :D

Paul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:20 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Just got a email and glad to report that "The Buzin Half Dozen" from the state of Washington will be at the Redding slant6 races. Another new car, "Slantsickness" is now running strong thanks to the help and Doug and a new 3:23 rear end. He will be there alsoon May 13-14. I can't urge all members from the North States to support this new event by showing up WITH YOUR CARS. Stock or modified....Allen Dutra made it to the quarter finals at the National event at Vegas and Mike Williams all the way to the semi's...Both with 100% stock slant6's. It can be done...Drop me a email at waynee@dcsi.net or get hold of Doug for more information. Please click on www.reddingdragstrip.com for local information. Mike Jeffries will also fly out to support our efforts. WE NEED ALL SLANT6 CARS..to make this a annual event. With your help, we can make the annual Redding slant6 races the "Clay City" of slant6 racing here on the West Coast. Wayne in Chico