Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:47 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:48 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
We had a great turnout for the first of two races which will be held at Redding raceway each year. We had 8 slant six cars show up to race on Saturday. The Inliner club had a additional 5 cars so this made our Saturday field of racing 13 cars in total.

Redding again "waved" all tech fees as well as car fees so we just had to pay $10.00 for admission. What a deal. We made 6 passes on Saturday and then divided up the 13 cars into a "fast" group of 7 cars which qualified at 14.30 or faster. The balance of the other 6 cars ran as as slower group which was really fun as you got to run against other cars that were running about the same times as you were.
Aric Erickson and Doug Dutra were both in the faster group and Aric made it to the quarter final session. On Sunday, we ran the Inliner group as a separate class and the 8 slant6 cars as a completely separate class. With 8 cars, the bracketing came out perfect. Aric vs Doug...Paul Olds vs Wayne..(Paul was a first timer and ran his 1965 Belvedere which was one of the most consistent cars there)
Allen Dutra vs Mike Jeffrey (all the way from Nebraska) and Glen Terry (with his new "Slantsation" vs Gary Willis (all the way from Yakima, Wash. with "Buzin Half Dozen".
Aric, Wayne, Mike and Gary all advanced to the quarter final round. Gary was really consistent so Wayne took a chance on a good light only to be greated by the unfriendly RED...Aric beat Mike on a breakout so that left Gary and Aric to finish up the day in the finals. Aric (running one of Mike's engines) had the "Swingin' Six" running in the 12.60' all day but dialed in a 12.74 as it was starting to warm up later on Sunday. Gary dialed in a 14.68 and both caught great lights. Aric ended up winning by running a 12.746 and beating Gary by just a few "thousands" of a second. Neither knew who won until they got back to the timing "shed". What a great race to finish the day with.

All 8 of the slant6 group had new "Jeffrey Killer Bee" t-shirts with a slant6 logo on the back. There was a feature writer there both days from the Inliner National magazine that was doing a article on slant6 racing . He interviewed many of the racers and took team photos of our "Jeffrey team". The local TV station was there also on Sunday and they were to run a taping of the final races on Channel 7 there in Redding. We got lots of exposure for this first time event.

Trophies were awarded to the top four...Yes the top four places. We will again do this in August. The track also will continue to honor just the $10.00 admission for the next August race . We now have the "momentum" going and would like other slant6 club members to get off their *** and show up with their cars for the second of our West Coast Slant6 race at Redding on August 26-27.
We had lots of "feedback" from racers througout the state that have commented that they will be at the next race in August. Seymour will have all the times, photos in the next slant6 news. Doug took lots of photos and should have them posted on the website. We now have a West Coast slant6 race that all of you will hopefully support. Drop me a email at waynee@dcsi.net if you have any questions . Please mark "AUGUST 26-27..REDDING RACEWAY' on your calendars.

If we can continue to add Slant 6 cars, there will be a major $$$ sponsorship coming in the near future so in addition to the trophies, there will be $$ for at least the first four finishers...Drop me a email and tell us about your car "project" and if you will be able to make the August event. For those who did not attend, you all missed one heck of a weekend of real fun slanty6 racing...Wayne in Chico

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:39 pm 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
It was an awesome weekend! I had so much fun as a first time racer a couple of times I almost was glad I was wearing dark pants :shock: :D . What a great bunch of guys. I will be back in August to run consistent 17.80's or break something trying. Paul

Post subject: Some Photos
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:10 pm 
Guru

Car Model: Many Darts and a Dacuda
Here is a link to some of the photos I took with my digital camera, I still need to get my film shots back.
http://www.slantsix.org/galleries/redding5-06/list.htm

Allen and I had a great time, the Redding track is a fun place to race.
Everyone make plans to get there in August!
DD