Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:18 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:24 pm 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model: 65 Valiant 2Dr Post
Attention all East Coast racers. One other item that we discussed at the banquet was some kind of year end payout for the East Coast champion & R/U. This payout will be self funded by voluntary donations by the East Coast racers themselves. Here is what we are planning to do.

1) At each East Coast race we are asking the race coordinator to make a simple announcement about this fund.

2) We are asking each Slant 6 racer, sometime during the racing season to put a $20 suggested donation into the fund.

3) The race coordinator will collect any money that people want to give that day and right down the names. The money will be sent to Alana Hargis who has volunteered to hold the cash until the 2014 banquet.

4) Sometime later in the year we can announce how much is in the fund and how it will be distributed.

As I said, this is all to be voluntary and no one should feel bad if they can't kick into the fund. Some people will give more than $20, and some may not be able to give at all. 1st and foremost we want you to come and race. Our thoughts were that this may be a way to encourage some late year pushes to be the East Coast Champ. It may be an encouragement to someone who has a outside chance to be the Champ or the R/U to come to a race late in the year, just so they can earn some extra $$ from this year end payout.

For example if we collect $750 and split it $500-Winner and $250- R/U that may be enough to encourage someone to may a long tow to a race late in the year that they otherwise may not.

So, that is our plan that we will try for this season. We hope it works well. Of course anyone who would like to put something into the payout fund is more than welcome to. You don't have to be a racer to help, and it will be greatly appreciated.

Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:29 am 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
Good thinking. I know that the Hemi SuperStock guys do something similar as a motivational tool.

Post subject: Ist race amount
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:16 am 

Just wanted to update the East Coasters that at the Mason Dixon races, we collected $143 dollars towards the year-end fund. I know that another person already paid $100 into the fund at the banquet, so we are well on our way. I will be forwarding this money on to Alana Hargis who is keeping track of it for us.

Thanks to all who gave!

Rick

Last edited by Rick Covalt on Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:32 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
Thanks, Rick!

Lou

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:40 am 

Just another update for you East Coasters. At the Farmington and Wilkesboro races we collected another $160 for the year end fund. Ron Hamby handed that money off to me and I am sending all of the money collected so far down to Alana Hargis for safe keeping.

If someone at the Knoxville race can make the same announcement, next weekend, for the year end fund that would be great!

Rick Covalt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:44 pm 

I just got a PM from Alana yesterday and she informed me that we have $569 in the year end fund. We will announce it one more time next week. That should make a nice payout for our top guys.

Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:57 pm 

Just wanted to mention the year end payout for the 2014 season for the east Coast racers. I totally forgot about bringing it up for discussion at the banquet. But I spoke with Lou and I think we had good participation last year so we will do this again for the 2014 season. This past Year we gave out $300/$200/$100 for 1st -3rd & $50 for ROY.

Please read the first post in the thread for the details. Basically we will announce it at each East Coast race again this season. The only thing we may do is hold back a little bit of the pot for a portion of the banquet expenses, like the room...etc

Thanks to all who participated last year! let the racing begin!! :lol:

Rick Covalt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:16 pm 
Poser

Car Model:
Do cookies count as currency? :D :?: :D :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:49 pm 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
Bitcoins too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:59 pm 

Just wanted to let all you East Coasters know that we collected $160 for the year end fund at Mason Dixon. I will forward that on to Alana, I suppose? For her safe keeping. Thanks to everyone for the donations! :lol: :lol:

Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:23 pm 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
Thanks, Rick. Great! I think sending to Alana is best unless she cannot do it.

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:23 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Sor

Last edited by MrsLancer on Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:26 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Sorry, I've not been on here in a while. I've not had time to turn around the last couple of months. Yes that will be fine. We can't wait to see ya'll at Farmington.