Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Charity Event
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:21 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Deb is helping put on a fund raising charity event for the ARK in Bremerton Wa. The ARK helps mentally challenged individuals.

It is Fifties themed and they need some "classic cars" for the event. We have several of the local classic cars and hot rod clubs providing cars, but.It would be nice to have a few slant cars there as well. We are bringing our cars over and they are far from "show" quality. One of the racers from Monroe is bring his Gasser inspired 57 Ford Station Wagon. So stop by and say hello.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:25 am 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
When and where?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:24 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
This event will be held at:

ARC of Jefferson and Kitsap Counties
3243 North Perry Ave.
Bremerton, WA 98310

Shop Rattle and Roll will be held Sat Feb 15th from 10 a.m. till 6 p.m. and Sun from 1 p.m. till 6 p.m. We will have classic cars, yes PLEASE bring yours to it!!!, Tons of vendors, a LIVE DJ playng 50's hits, raffles, a soda fountain shoppe and a whole lot more. You don't have to keep your car there the whole time. If you want to just display it for a few hours, that's fine... If you want to be there longer then that, that's ok also :)

If you have any questions please feel free to call me on my cell at 425-343-3233 as I am the coordinator of this event :)

Thanks!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:21 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
About a half dozen cars showed up. The weather was overcast and started raining in the early afternoon which meant everybody left early.

It is interesting in what you hear at these types of events. A neighbor stopped by after I fired up my Dart to move it, a crusty old guy and he has a '72 Dart with a slant. He knows of a machine shop in Chico WA where the owner is into slants and Darts. Supposedly this guys Dart can run 12's and he has been working with a cam grinder in Tacoma to build custom grinds for the slant. Any truth to this, how knows, maybe just parking lot BS.