Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:18 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:33 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Hi Folks, Just wanted to share some info. Az Inliners will be hosting a Flathead/Inliner race as part of the Tucson Dragway reunion in Tucson, Az. gates will open for participants at 8 am on both days. We will have our own parking area reserved for those participating at the event.Friday night there will be a free Pre event Pit Party from 6-9 pm.On Saturday we will be able to make test/tune passes qualifying passes from 12pm till 6pm. Eliminations will start right after that. We will have a purse plus trophies for Winner & Runner Up. $20 tech card and $35 race entry.Over night camping is aloud both nights also the Host hotel is the Airport Marriot with special rate for the Reunion ($64) a night while rooms are available. For more info please contact me either by Pm or 602-694-4628 Thanks Rich Swick AzInliners.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:47 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Here's a link to the Reunions website;

http://tucsondragway.net/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:33 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Just want to say thanks to our race sponsors. AZ Quartermilers and Torco Oil/T-N-T Distributing, who have put up money for the purse with a guaranteed $200 to win. Stone Broke Hot Rods in Buckeye, AZ are sponsoring the Trophies for Winner/Runner Up along with Best E.T. and Best Reaction Time for the race. Thanks again to these folks for their support.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:35 pm 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
Great job in setting up and getting a purse for your race. Hope it goes well!

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:04 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
damn may? i got the bug really bad after mats but i dont may is realistic for me. I have some wedding debt i need to clear so im back level and then i can get back into the car.

Killer Bee's Member Since 09'
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/sho ... p?t=128702
http://www.youtube.com/user/805moparkid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:01 am 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Dart270, Thanks. We have a small group around here that like to race, so just workin on setting some dates up so we can get together and play.

805, ya still got a month :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:03 pm 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
I'm gonna try to make it. Got to do some changes/repairs to the Dart. the 2.94 gears just don't cut it.Only used 1st and 2nd and whent thru the lights at 4800 rpm. I got the bug again too !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:32 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Had a blast this weekend, and them darn Chrysler guys LOL We ended up only having 4 run the bracket on Saturday night but it was some close racing. Mike and Mark with the slantsix cars made it to the final. Mark won running a 14.12 on a 14.10 dial to Mikes 14.17 on a 14.05 dial. Mike had a squeeker first round over Kelly McClearran and her turbo charged 250" Falcon as his margin of victory was .008! Mark ran against Wayne Ludington in his dragmaster chassied injected flathead.Wayne got out of shape right off the line but was closing fast on Mark at the stripe.Want to also thank fellow H.A.M.B.er Nick Florez for comin down with the Blakes and their cars and everyone else who came down to hang out with us.
I gotta say thanks to everyone who came out and supported the event and once again The sponsors with out them this wouldn't have happened. Torco/T-N-T distributing, AZ Quartermilers, Mike & Mark at Stone Broke Hot Rods.All ready plannin for the October race:D

This car use to race in AHRA Hot Rod with an aluminum block and 4 speed runnin in the 11's

1st round with Mike Ostrom runnin Kelly McClearran in her falcon

Mark McCumber in the left lane runnin Wayne Luddingtons Flathead powered dragster.

Mike and Mark in the Final.