Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:18 pm 
SSRN National Champion

Car Model:
The 'Farm' and WRP are both lined up and ready for the Slant 6 invasion. Our Slant friend Tim Harrold has the big purse $'s in hand. The lady's are making food preparations for the car show at the dealer on Sat. We are ready for you guys to roll in with another big slant turnout this year.

Here are some exciting details about the weekend.

First Charles Myers has had some big trophies made for the semi finals, winner and runner up. at WRP. His trophy man makes 'em nice.

Farmington is giving Winner and runner up plaques.

Next http://www.voiceofdragracing.com Charles Myers Jr. will be on hand to announce our races. As an added bonus he is going to upfit some cars with in car cameras for live video feed on the internet. It my understanding our races can be video streamed live by anyone thru his website. He is going to do some helmet cams as well. Plus we will have our cars photos placed on the site. Pretty exciting.

We have a special treat for Wilkesboro this year. We are going to have WRP to ourselves on Sat afternoon. We will be the only ones racing there that day. The track will be prepped well. We will get a couple of time runs make the ladder and start eliminations. We are going to be at the track by 1:00 and will be able to wrap it up pretty quick which is good news for the long distance travelers. Plus it should help us to avoid any late day thunderstorms common for early summer.

Next our very own car show in front of Tim Harrold's Empire Chrysler Dodge Jeep. at 9:00 am Saturday. Tim has been the series' largest supporter for 14 years.

Farmington gates open at 5:00 Friday. Admission is $20.00 car and driver and $10.00 for spectators. Camping Friday night is ok.
http://www.farmingtondragway.com/

Wilkesboro gates open at 1:00 Saturday. Admission is $20.00 car and driver no spectator charge for this race. (I will collect the entry for the Wilkesboro race) We will load up at Empire by 12:30 and drive up to the track by 1:00 or before.

Local motels in Wikesboro:

Addison Inn 1842 Winkler st. Wilkesboro 1 800 672 7218
Holliday Inn Express 1700 Winkler st 1 336 838 1800
Red Carpet Inn 1203 River st 1 888 667 4001

Don't forget to let us know if you can be here.

Thanks so much Ron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:04 am 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model: 65 Valiant 2Dr Post
Ron, This all sounds great! I am planning to come so long as the weather looks decent.

Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:12 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
I am planning on coming if I can get the ign / trigger wheel issues worked out on ruster. have been unsuccessful so far.. car runs but will not make consistent passes. ms support forum is kinda slow so I have been wrestling with this issue for over a month.

if I can't get it sorted, then I will not be in attendance. :(

thanks for organize a great show/ weekend Ron.. also hats off yet again to Tim Harold and empire for supporting folks that race an engine that has not been manufactured for almost 20 years now.

Greg

Last edited by Greg Ondayko on Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:04 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model: More cars than sense...
I wish I could make it Ron, but I'm taking Chase skydiving for his birthday that weekend. :shock:

I will do my best to update the Championship thread right after the race, but it may be delayed. All of our stuff is getting packed for the move next week, so I won't have a computer to play with spreadsheets.

Have a great race!! :D

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:27 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Count us in too. Well, one or ummmmm??? Both of us are coming, but only Rodney is racing. Were is everyone staying at? Can't wait to see ya'll.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:22 pm 

Last year some of us stayed at the Addison. That was Lou, Greg, Rob, Norm and me! 4 of us had cars and trailers, and there was still plenty of room. I was a little concerned about space but we were fine.

Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:14 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model: 1974 Plymouth Duster
I'll be there for both races. Will probably camp overnight at the Farm Friday night.

Brian

74 Duster, 225, rear-mounted blow through turbo at 12psi boost, street/strip car
"Sixy Beast"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:35 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Rodney and I'll be there. Haven't booked our rooms yet but we'll be there. See ya soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:05 pm 

Any word on the Bruners? or Ron Parker? Or others? Hope we have a good turnout!

Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:41 pm 
SSRN National Champion

Car Model:
Rick I,m still waiting to hear from Meril and Lucus, Norm would be here but he has a medical issue to be taken care of in Nashville at the same time. Gary is coming. I,m looking for one or two local slants plus it looks like Kay has volunteered to drive the '62 valiant again. If Charlie gets his engine fixed there is a chance he will come as well.
Ron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:48 pm 

Reservations are made! I guess that means I'm headed South! :lol:

See ya all Friday.

Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:48 am 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
WOW how the summer has gotten busy!!! Rodney just got invited to show his 1987 Dodge Diplomat at Carlisle!!!!!!! He will be representing the 80's for their 100 years of Dodge So now I'm trying to re-work our car show/ racing budget so he can attend. Merrill is going with Rodney which means they'll have to have a hotel vs camping. SO I have a HUGE favor to ask ya'll, if you've not already booked a hotel, would you consider booking at the Super 8 or Days Inn in Jonesville and use our Rewards #. I think the Days Inn is $85 per night and the Super 8 is 65 per night. Getting some extra reward points would go along way on getting Rodney and Merrill to the event. Looking at the map Jonesville is about 1/2 way between Farmington and Wilksboro. Let me know if you are and I'll give you my Rewards #.

THANKS,

Alanna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:07 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model:
Looks like I am going to make it. Weather permitting. Any one need anything transported, between Florida, and NC?

64 Valiant Signet
64 Valiant 4dr 170

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:47 pm 

Great news Charlie!

Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:35 pm 
SSRN National Champion

Car Model:
Wilkesboro update! Danny Dunn has sold WRP but it will not effect our scheduled race. I have spoken to the new owner and he is excited to have us and welcomes us any time we can be there. He has big plans for the track including a new track surface with the lazer treatment to make it smooth, and extend the shutdown area, among other things like lots of VHT on the entire track and guaranteed purses for bracket racers. The major changes will begin at the end of the season. He is going to continue the Saturday night racing starting this Saturday along with our race. This will mean we will not have the track to ourselves as we thought, we be racing as we always have in the past along with the regular Saturday night program, and the racing will begin at 6:00 pm as it has in the past. The good news is when we get to the track we will be able to go on in and set up and not have to wait in line as in the past. :D The entry will remain $20.00 for slant six and anyone that wants to can buy into the regular bracket race. I talked with Charles Myers Jr. and the slant six race should be available on the internet for both Farmington and Wilkesboro. I also got a peek at the trophies they are awesome! I look forward to seeing everyone this weekend.
Ron