Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:18 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:19 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
New event coming to Gateway Motorsports Park across the Mississippi from St. Louis on Oct. 1 & 2. Monster Musclecar Weekend being put on by the same people that have been doing Mopars at the Strip for the past 14 years. Website is www.mmwstl.com. Might be a good place for a 2017 East vs West race. They have been supporting our season opening Killer Bees Slant race in Las Vegas for years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:10 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
I could not do this in 2016, but maybe in 2017 if we get a Slant 6 race there. Pretty long haul for almost everyone, but we could get a good car count if folks plan ahead.

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:30 am 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
I was just thinking if anyone was some what close they might want to either go & race or just go and check out the event & facility for a possible 2017 race. I know the east has a pretty full race schedule so I don't know if this might be an addition or a replacement. Up to you guys.

Phil has supported the slant races in Las Vegas for years & I'm sure I could get him to add it if you guys wanted it. The problem we have with Las Vegas is they don't get their event date until October. That still leaves 4-5 months & it usually ends up being the first race of the year. It is also the closest race to me. Everything else is 400 miles or better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:03 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Worst event I have ever been to. We paid $110.00 to run open bracket which I think we were the only car in that bracket. Should have been in MoPar vs. Off Brands since it had 4 cars in that bracket. Never got called to make a time run. Couldn't find anyone working the event that knew anything. They finally put us in another group to get one time run at 4:45. Eliminations at 5:00. First round breakout by.004. Go to buy back like the sign in sheet said was available and oh, no buy backs.
The highlight was the announcer who worked at KCIR in the early 2000's and he talked about how he remembered the slant 6 events that took place at KCIR and how fast the slants were.

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:53 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Sorry to hear you had such a waste of your time and $...

That will happen every now and again when you arrive at a new track, event or promoters /managament has changed.

Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:14 pm 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model: 68 Valiant
Mark, I saw about the same review posted on Moparts . Guy posted pictures and the place looked like a ghost town. I know the weather was iffy, but even so, the place was dead.

Mr. Painter priced himself out of business on this one. A lot of guys seemed to be getting sick of the Mopars vs. The World format too.

Clay City is going back to Mopar only next year. :D