Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 10:16 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Saturday July 17th in Salem, Oregon is the All Mopar Show at Roberson's Motors on Mission Street.

Public welcome from 10am-4pm, if you wish to show your car you have to register from 9-noon (it fills up pretty quickly...)@ $15 per car to show. Admission is free for spectators, but parking can be limited.

Last year's schedule worked OK, but we had fewer people. I just got off the phone with Carlotta Arnold of the Pentastar Pride that puts on the show, asking if I got enough guys if we might be able have our own 'section'.

7:30am Meet for breakfast at Elmer's restaurant.

8-10am any of us that wish to show at Roberson's should register and get a spot.

1-2pm We will be leaving the show and everyone from the board is graciously invited to a BBQ/late lunch at the DusterIdiot pad. We figure this would be better than a dinner so anyone with a long commute can get home at a 'reasonable' hour.

Please RSVP before July 1st, so we can get a final head count for reservations at Elmer's, and/or so we can get food and drinks for the BBQ.

email DusterIdiot at armstrong225@comcast.net for an RSVP for breakfast and/or BBQ. Let us know so we can get the logistics defined(headcount), and so I can e-mail reminders and directions in late June and button up the final details.

looking forward to meeting many of you face to face...

-DusterIdiot

Post subject: Robertsons Moters show
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:37 pm 
All Be Bach :P Just don't know what I'll be driving or towing. The purple pentastar got a new ear bleading sound system , still ,best truck , I'm dubious. was hopeing to to have the gremlin done to drive there, but un less we get dead in the water at work that might not happen still best work in progress is another tach. To Doug Dutra, I've discovered stiff little race cars don't come easy. Hope you've found the precious time to rebuild the "cuda's predeseser and I would like to see/ meet you at the Salem Or. Robertson's show. I'm contacting Rob Armstrong(duster idiot) and am urging others in the northwest area that have benifited from from the slant six foram as a bonifide educational tool to contact Rob as well, But most important is to show up and make a long fun economical row of inliners Bruce J.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:51 pm 
Guru

Car Model:
This sounds like a fun show and I'm trying to get my schedule arranged so I can get up there.
It is a long drive for me, about 700 miles.
I may have to hop a plane to make this deal.
DD

Post subject: Go Doc Go!!!!
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 10:56 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Please make sure to e-mail me any details us locals need to get 'handled' for you to make it all 'gel' once you know if you can make it. :D

We can do it!!!!

-D.Idiot

Post subject: Bump!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:50 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
I'll bump it with 4 weeks left to go, and I'll bump it again when we are much closer. Once everyone knows what their schedule looks like, and it looks like we'll be getting Doc up here, so make sure to RSVP so I can get an idea of how much food and drink to provide for (last year I had to send some stuff home with guys because we had lots of leftovers...).

-D.idiot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:10 am 
Guru

Car Model: Many Darts and a Dacuda
Yes, so far everything is a "go" for me to make the Robertson event.

I will be driving up on Friday with my son Allen so if anyone needs me to bring anything let me know ASAP.
(Dutra Dual manifolds, hardened OP gears, bronze OP gears, etc.)

FYI, If anyone up that way has cracked / broken SL6 exhaust manifolds I would love to get them for "cores". Contact me if you have any.
DD

Post subject: Bump
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:49 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:32 pm 
id love to be there, but ill be on my way back from indiana w/my new toy.63 signet 225 super 6 !!!! next year...........steve 8)

Post subject: Update and BUMP!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:52 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Looks like it'll be a smaller BBQ, but that's OK...

I'd like to revise the schedule a bit:

Say:

8 am Breakfast at Elmer's Pancake house on Market Street (take Market Street exit in Salem, and head east, it's by Fred Meyer on the corner of Market and Lancaster)

8:45ish Get registered before the lot fills up and hope we can get a nice row near the shade

1:30 Beat feet back to the Idiot pad for the BBQ (I set the time so people coming from out of town for the day don't have to get up early to makethe BBQ, and can get home at a reasonable hour. E-mail for directions/RSVP please).

If the only guys RSVP'd are at the show, then we can 'set the time' we want to cut out of there.

thanks,

-DusterIdiot