Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:15 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model: 63 Dart 81 D150
armyofchuckness wrote:
Ooh. I'm bookmarking this topic. These definitely sound like what I'll need. Has anyone bought there manual on CD? I'm curious as to how that works. I'm assuming it's all PDF files.

I bought a professional "book" on CD for timing belts on most cars. Needed either the net (which I don't have at work) or a series of faxes to even "unlock" and use it, and it only works on THAT computer, so don't luck up on a deal on a new computer 2 months after buying the CD. Paper books don't expire or have hard drive failures.

Just my random thoughts ...

TopHat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:11 am 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
slantedview wrote:
Lots of good information in these books. I've been playing with cars longer than most of you have been breathing. The knowledge in these books would have saved a lot of skin and cussing fits. I really think this thread should be a sticky.

That's really good. I was already convinced to place these orders but that sealed the deal for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:50 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
This book, Auto Repair for Dummies, has been a great book for me over the years. I bought it when I restored a 1949 Buick Special more than 20 years ago, and it has been worth its weight in gold to simplify things:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... ition=used

I have the red covered book with the comb binding to make it easy to work while having the book open!

Jeremiah 29:11-13

Current: 1967 Dodge Dart 270/225

Previous: 1964 Dodge Dart, 1966 Plymouth Valiant Signet, '64 Valiant Convertible

Last edited by mrstangblb on Sun May 08, 2011 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:21 pm 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
I you ever find the Motor's auto repair manual for your specific year, in some cases it is better than the FSM. I have a Motor's Manual & a FSM for every vechile I own. The Motors is a hardback book covering all american cars for that year and few years earlier. Wonderful pics and drawings. check it out.

Post subject: Manuals
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:37 am 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
I just purchased two of these manuals on amazon, one was .01$ and the other .019$ plus 3.99 shipping for each. Not a bad investment at all!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:57 pm 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
Long time ago when I was in college, my friend and I worked at the library. She was tasked (as an actual librarian) with merging the collection from the old library into the new library. That included a lot of textbooks that were examples for new teachers to learn with or old "here's a sample of our book, please buy it" from the publishers. We threw most of them out, so I racked up one of them Stockel books and a couple of others used at the local tech school : )