Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:32 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 916 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:45 pm 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model: 65 Valiant 2Dr Post
Quote:
What kind of insulation do you have around your fuel line?

It is just premium water line insulation from Lowes.
Quote:
Is there special spacers needed when bolting the intake to the exhausts with the two thru bolts?

I don't know for certain, but I don't think so.

I handed off the Hyper Paks to Lou as well as Dan's Argentine manifold for fitment on P/S and A/C engines.

Lou also has a Red Line 3 X 2 barrel intake which is different than the Clifford. Just by looking at a photo of it on line I would say there is a good chance that it will work with the manifolds.

Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:40 am 

Just another little bit of info for you performance junkies! At Wilkesboro last weekend I made almost 20 runs on my car, which now has my long tube Cliffords back on. I pulled the May, Mason- Dixon time slips and compared the 1/8 mile times to the Wilkesboro times and they were almost exactly the same. My runs were 9.70 to 9.90 range at both tracks. Again, the car was run identical except for the removal of the Hyperpaks. I think this reaffirms that they will run almost exactly the same as headers on a mild race motor or street car.

Rick

Lou will have a report back on some more fitment testing shortly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:58 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model: 1974 Plymouth Duster
Rick,

Did you take into consideration the difference in air quality between those two races? I think there was much better air density in May at M-D. Don't know if the air quality has a noticeable effect on your setup or not.

I would have guessed that the long tube headers on your build would yield better results. But I have been wrong before...and often. :wink:

Brian

74 Duster, 225, rear-mounted blow through turbo at 12psi boost, street/strip car
"Sixy Beast"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:24 am 

The weather is the only variable. But Mason Dixon was very hot and humid also. I did not check the DA there.

Rick

Post subject: clarification
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:32 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model: 67 dart 2 door hardtop
Rick,

So do you bolt the intake manifold to the hyperpaks using the bolt bosses or not?

Brian

Post subject: Hyper pac
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:33 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Rick can you please add my name to the list for these when they come available. I have long tube headers on the toad and they are just too low for street driving. Thanks norm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:30 pm 

Yes Norm. Drop me a PM with your address and all that stuff.

Brian the original intake and exhaust bolt together through the bosses. Or are you asking if I bolt my manifold to those exhaust? That answer is no.

Rick

Post subject: Thanks Rick...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:13 pm 
Turbo EFI

The latter...I have the Offy 2x1 modified for 2x2...

BTW, just got back from Japan, didn't see any Mopar's except newer Challengers and kin, and not many of those...

Lot's of adorable little trucks and such though...probably not street legal in the US, but I've love to have one. Some of these little trucks are smaller than my minivan; they mostly have 4 lugs on the tiny wheels (12"?). Even the cement mixers and garbage trucks are tiny compared to US.
See: http://www.japanesesearch.com/japanese-kei-cars-trucks/ and http://www.japanese-trucks.com/galleries/img1955.htm

I was amazed at how clean Tokyo was! Even the garbage trucks are clean, I mean even the part where the garbage goes...the streets were absolutely trash free and no crime to speak of. Kyoto was not as clean, but still cleaner than many American cities. The people are really nice everywhere we went.

brian

Post subject: Re: Thanks Rick...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:09 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model: 1964 Valiant
'67 Dart 270 wrote:
The latter...I have the Offy 2x1 modified for 2x2...

BTW, just got back from Japan, didn't see any Mopar's except newer Challengers and kin, and not many of those...

Lot's of adorable little trucks and such though...probably not street legal in the US, but I've love to have one. Some of these little trucks are smaller than my minivan; they mostly have 4 lugs on the tiny wheels (12"?). Even the cement mixers and garbage trucks are tiny compared to US.
See: http://www.japanesesearch.com/japanese-kei-cars-trucks/ and http://www.japanese-trucks.com/galleries/img1955.htm

I was amazed at how clean Tokyo was! Even the garbage trucks are clean, I mean even the part where the garbage goes...the streets were absolutely trash free and no crime to speak of. Kyoto was not as clean, but still cleaner than many American cities. The people are really nice everywhere we went.

brian

My Datsun 620 is said to weigh 2,300 pounds. I've never weighed it, but its pretty light. Same basic frame as a Hardbody D21 but about 500 pounds lighter overall. About the same weight as a '71 Chevy Vega. Funny thing is 6 lug Escalade wheels can fit on the Datsun truck. I got rear disks for mine, but haven't installed the disks yet - it was getting hard to find some of the OEM brake hardware. The Japanese Kai vehicles are even smaller. I like little cars, but have to be careful.

Post subject: Re: Thanks Rick...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:21 pm 
Board Sponsor & Contributor

Car Model:
'67 Dart 270 wrote:

Because in Japan, at least in Tokyo and other cities, vehicles are taxed by size and before you're allowed to buy one you have to prove you have space to park it.

Quote:
Lot's of adorable little trucks and such though...probably not street legal in the US, but I've love to have one.

C'mon up to Western Canada. Lots of those running around in BC, because vehicles can be imported without regard to their compliance with Canadian safety and emisssions regulations once they're 15 years old.

Quote:
I was amazed at how clean Tokyo was! Even the garbage trucks are clean, I mean even the part where the garbage goes...the streets were absolutely trash free and no crime to speak of.

And despite the high cigarette smoking rates, most Japanese wouldn't dream of tossing a cigarette butt on the street or wherever they happen to be…that thoughtless "when you smoke, the whole world is your ashtray" litterbug behaviour we're plagued with here is seldom seen there. Same with the "when you own a dog, the world is your toilet" variant.

Post subject: street legal
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:37 am 
Turbo EFI

I found the latest on legality for mini-trucks in the U.S. See: http://www.iihs.org/iihs/topics/laws/minitrucks

Check out California regs:

"located on a natural island with an area in excess of 20,000 acres and that is within a county having a population in excess of 4,000,000"

Does such a place even exist in California?

Brian

Post subject: Re: street legal
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:15 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model: 64 Plymouth Valiant
'67 Dart 270 wrote:
I found the latest on legality for mini-trucks in the U.S. See: http://www.iihs.org/iihs/topics/laws/minitrucks

Check out California regs:

"located on a natural island with an area in excess of 20,000 acres and that is within a county having a population in excess of 4,000,000"

Does such a place even exist in California?

Brian

Catalina island............

~48000 acres, part of Los Angeles County.

Some of the other channel islands may reach the 20000 acres but I don't think their counties reach the 4 million.

8)

Post subject: Re: clarification
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:43 pm 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
'67 Dart 270 wrote:
Rick,

So do you bolt the intake manifold to the hyperpaks using the bolt bosses or not?

Brian

I ran the bolts thru the bosses on my set, but there is a gap of about half an inch between the intake and exhaust bosses that will need a spacer to tie it together. Any ideas weclome.

Post subject: spacers and acres
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:13 am 
Turbo EFI

McMaster Carr has just about any spacer you might need.

Oh, I read the CA requirement wrong on the island thing, I was thinking the island had to have that population, but its the county...I think Catalina is the only one, Alameda Island is only 813 acres and Alameda county is only 1.5M people.

brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:16 pm 

Lou and Brian Mimken test fit the manifolds (Hyperpaks and the Argentina one from Dan) over the weekend. Lou will be sending me pictures and a list of what he found with the manifolds and the P/S and A/C setups. I'll post a report on them once I receive them.

Also just a little update. There appears to be plenty of interest, and I want to move forward with the manifolds, but I will not be starting anything until a little later in the year. I am not starting what I think will be a large project until I get my truck fully assembled, painted and back on the road. I just can't do it. I am having some problems with my knee as well and I am not sure where that is going. (See the surgeon on Wednesday). So please be patient and I will keep you posted. We have waited over 50 years already, so no use to rush! :lol: :lol:

Rick

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 916 Next