Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:11 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Re: Impact or not?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:53 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model:
69a100 wrote:
SlantSixDan wrote:
There's no donut gasket on a Slant-6; I guess you mean the exhaust manifold outlet to headpipe gasket.
Quote:

OK Mr. Wizard, whatever you say! I hate to call you a liar, but you're a liar! Because I have a donut on my exhaust! It all depends on what the exhaust guy built the system! Don't believe everything you read Robin83!

OK smart ass. I'll back up Dan on this. With a caveat. There was never a "donut" gasket from the factory on a slant six in an automotive application. I don't know about in an "other than" auto/truck application. Also, if the exhaust was modified by a muffler shop.
Now you can disagree with someone without being nasty.

64 Valiant Signet
64 Valiant 4dr 170

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:00 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Robin1983 wrote:
If someone could tell me how to upload a photo to this forum I could show you the donut gasket on the car

In all my years on the board I have never seen a pic posted ever, I don't understand why? That tells me that the feature isn't available! At least I'm not the only one with a donut on the exhaust! Good Luck

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:32 am 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model: 65 Valiant 2Dr Post
Quote:
I have never seen a pic posted ever, I don't understand why?

Not sure what your saying? I post pictures on here every time I do something to my car.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:24 am 
Supercharged

Car Model: 80 volare, 78 fury 2 dr, 85 D150
Robin1983 wrote:
Can anyone tell me for sure no guessing. If you do not know for sure please do not answer if you know for sure what carburetor came on that car please contact me what one barrel carburetor came on a 1983 Dodge d150 with a slant 6 and a one barrel Aluminum Intake

It would have depended on what part of the country the truck was first sold in when new. Either way would have been a holley, if not in California or hi altitude it would have been a model 1945. Don't have the actual carb number. There were a few variations of any given carb. Calif and hi altitude would be a holley 6145. This one had the feedback solenoid and mixture control via computer . Again there were a couple of variations.
If you have any other carb, it would not be stock for that year--- can't say "it wouldn't work"' or it wouldn't run with anything else on there, etc. now I can't speak for that truck of built to be exported out of the US. I have no idea what they may have done in that situation.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:48 am 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model: 1983 d150
You have confirmed what the man at the Dodge company told me he did not know the carburetors but he knew that they use different ones for different situations. My next question is will the Holly 1945 work when I do the lean burn conversion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:32 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model: 80 volare, 78 fury 2 dr, 85 D150
Over the years I've seen many pix on this site, not that I've ever posted any because I'm not the greatest with electronic whiz bang gadgets.
On your carburetor question, yeah. . many Holley 1945s would work great but it depends on the actual carburetor number that's on the particular Holley 1945 you're considering.
There are differences amongst the many Holley 1945s even within a given model year.
And on the "donut gasket" subject.. I just brought home a 1964 225 /6 complete engine and trans.
And just like every other slant 6 I have ever seen, it has a flat flange on the exhaust manifold, no "donut" flange. Not saying there isn't some slant 6 in some applications that might well have that style of exhaust coupling but none that I have ever encountered.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:34 pm 
Site Admin

Car Model: '63 Dodge Dart GT Convertible
Robin1983 wrote:
If someone could tell me how to upload a photo to this forum I could show you the donut gasket on the car

Look at this post:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4434

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:36 pm 
Site Admin

Car Model: '63 Dodge Dart GT Convertible
69a100 wrote:
Robin1983 wrote:

In all my years on the board I have never seen a pic posted ever, I don't understand why? That tells me that the feature isn't available! At least I'm not the only one with a donut on the exhaust! Good Luck

This should still work:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4434

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:00 pm 
Triple Duece Weber

Car Model: 1972 Dodge Colt
man, I missed this thread.
I have heard from others that they don't come back because of how they feel they were treated.
I hate that.
Might have been warranted, but I still don't like it.