Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:25 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:56 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model: 80 volare, 78 fury 2 dr, 85 D150
Jimmy wrote:
volaredon wrote:
Do a search, most of these questions have been asked and answered a million times over the years. If you go back and read older posts you'll see the same questions cycle around over and over

I have asked questions here then searched and found the answer. Have learned to search first. Though most results are old, most of the time the info is still good and relevant. I need to figure out how to search for recent results for paint recommendations. Going to search for that now. :lol:

On things like paint, results on what's good is one thing that has changed thru the years. And an area where your experience might vary widely from mine. Between formulation changes, the EPA, your prep vs mine, and too many other things to count, your results might not match somebody else's from 10 years ago.
I'll say that as much POR 15 as I have used over the years and most of it has done what they claim and then some, I had extremely poor results with their engine paint.
I have 2 that I am gonna try in the future.
One is Bill Hirsch, I've heard good things about but I have never seen that anywhere else besides mail order.
The other one is Eastwood, there's a location close enough to go there and pick some up.
Rattle cans such as dupli color also aren't what they used to be. There's 1 other brand of rattle can engine enamel whose name I draw a blank to at the moment, and they're about the same as dupli color the last time I used them as well. Not what they used to be.