Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 12:22 am 
Tom Drake sent me some event photos and from the PICs, it looks like our 3rd SSRN Points Race went pretty well. (Thanks again Tom, well done!)

At this time (midnight Sunday) I do not have any race details but I did put all the photos Tom sent me, into a "Gallery" so have a look & let me know if you like the photo gallery format.

More info to follow as the race reports come-in. Please post any info you may have on the Bristol SL6 Race or the over-all event in this message thread. Thanks!
DD

Bristol Photo Gallery

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 4:56 am 
Doug,

The gallery looks great! Unfortunately I do not have any race details. Most of our group had a cold all weekend so we left as soon as first round was over. We were wore out but happy with the car's performance.

We decided a while back that we were going to Bristol if we had to push the car in and out of the trailer. The first run we made on the new set-up was Saturday morning at Bristol. Dad was planning on a footbrake launch and run through at half throttle. OF COURSE HE HELD IT DOWN! The first pass on the turbo motor it ran a 12.13 and once we started looking at the datalogger we realized that it was extremely lean. I riched the program up and the second pass was a 11.84. Still to lean and we notice some air shifter problems so I richened it up again for Sunday morning practice and it ran an 11.37. We decided to use the first rd as a practice run and dialed the car about .2 quicker than we thought it would run so our opponent would have time to let up at the top end. That turn out to be Charlie S. We then loaded up and came home.

I do know that Dale Rose was the fastest gas car... he ran a 11.92 on Sunday(he may have had a faster run in one of the earlier sessions). Charles Myers was also running good with no juice, he turned an 11.55 on Saturday.

Again I apologize about not getting more information but when we arrived on Saturday the slant six pits were full and we had to park at the end of the strip. Maybe Ron or Charlie can give us more information when they check into the site.

Tom Drake

http://www.drakecoatings.com
drakecoatings@aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 7:10 pm 
WOW!!! That's great Tom! Sounds like another 10 second player for sure.

Thanks for the pics, Doug!
Dennis

slantzilla@excite.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 7:37 pm 
m5black@aol.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 9:13 am 
Do people like the Gallery format better then the webpage? (Any input helps, this is new so it need some "tuning")
DD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 9:32 am 
DD

I really like the gallery page. You can see all of the photos at once and enlarge them one at a time. Just my 2cent worth.

Tom Drake

drakecoatings@aol.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 6:04 pm 
Hey fans Tom Drake brought a class car either for show or race this is the best looking and has the most potenial for a /6 car in a long while. The car ran some fine numbers and will only go faster in the year. Tom, I hope to see you at Hamilton, if not, surly at Clay city. Latter Ron Parker. Thanks for the photos they were great

rpracing@catt.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 6:38 pm 
(User Above) wrote:
: Hey fans Tom Drake brought a class car either
: for show or race this is the best looking
: and has the most potenial for a /6 car in a
: long while. The car ran some fine numbers
: and will only go faster in the year. Tom i
: hope to see you at Hamilton if not surly at
: Clay city. Latter Ron Parker. Thanks for the
: photos they were great

Thanks Ron,
Dad worked a long time on this project and it showed with the first few runs. We are planning to miss Hamilton and get a few things worked out and be at Clay City ready to race! Good luck at Hamilton and we will defintely see you at the Clay city race. I might even get to bring my bracket car for a little fun.

Tom Drake

drakecoatings@aol.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 3:57 pm 
(User Above) wrote:
: Thanks Ron,
: Dad worked a long time on this project and it
: showed with the first few runs. We are
: planning to miss Hamilton and get a few
: things worked out and be at Clay City ready
: to race! Good luck at Hamilton and we will
: defintely see you at the Clay city race. I
: might even get to bring my bracket car for a
: little fun.
:
: Tom Drake

That's a great looking car ! Can you give any of the specs on the engine? What kind of RPM are you turning and boost? Anymore pics of the engine going together?

jeffery914@insightbb.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 6:08 pm 
(User Above) wrote:
: That's a great looking car ! Can you give any
: of the specs on the engine? What kind of RPM
: are you turning and boost? Anymore pics of
: the engine going together?

If you go to my website at <A HREF="http://www.drakecoatings.com">www.drakecoatings.com</A> . Clink on the photo link and the click on DCI Racing link there are more pictures there.

Tom Drake

drakecoatings@aol.com