Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:02 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:38 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model:
If smart people make your head hurt, come hang around me and your head will feel better real fast. :wink:

Sam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:10 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Sam Powell wrote:

MAtt is right, of course. The ini file make the tuning software look like what it needs to in order for it to show the things needed to tune the firmware installed in the ECU. I am hoping the problem with my MS II is all firmware related, and not hardware.

Sam

Sam,

heed Matt's Advice - He helped me out quite a bit!

Yes I would imagine a quick .ini file swap / verification of the .ini file version and megatune / Megasquirt version could make things work if they are all correct, or make things not work if they do not match.

Anyway good lick with it.

Greg

Post subject: Dutraized X2 6-30-11
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:11 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Well after taking my duster on a trip to Balitiomore in Early April For some school-related conference business, a meeting with family, and a get-together with Sam Powell and his wife,

I pretty much had to park the duster from early april until now, due to the Salt eating away the Tailpipe..

It had some big holes in it where I used natural steel tube instead of aluminized.

Here is a Link / Pictures to that story

Once I got the tailpipe All togther The headers That I had used for 3 Years in PA salt , Muck and General not kind to metals conditions devolped some holes.

They Used to look like this:

Now, they have holes in them and look like This:

So this being a Fuel injected car I really cant run the car with leaks in the Exhaust; espically ahead of the 02 Sensor.

I got some Dutra Duals and Here is the Fab-up:

I am using 2.5" Flanges and Primary Pipes.

Supplies From Summit; Lots of misc Bends etc.

Flowmaster 2.5" X2 ypipe that Ends in 3.0"

Mockup / Fab Process:

\Image

Time to get the A/C back in place and out for a drive, with no pesky exhaust ticks this time :-)

Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:53 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
You are a Steeltown welding machine, Greg. Looks great.

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:01 am 
Board Sponsor & Contributor

Car Model:
Yeah, what Lou said!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:18 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Thanks Guys!!!

Just need to tweak the fuel / timing / afr maps a bit to compensate for the change - the car runs a bit hotter now on the preliminary summer jaunts around town :-)

Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:18 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Greg Ondayko wrote:
Thanks Guys!!!

Just need to tweak the fuel / timing / afr maps a bit to compensate for the change - the car runs a bit hotter now on the preliminary summer jaunts around town :-)

Greg

You must have posted this immediately after Elaine and I drove away. In fact, the time stamp must not be est, or else you were doing two things at once that day. Thanks again for the fun tour of your place and Pittsburgh. It was fun indeed.

What brand of O-2 sensor are you using? I am still having problems with my Inovate. Some times it works fine, but more often than not it throws an e-8 error code.

Sam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:40 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Sam Powell wrote:
Greg Ondayko wrote:
Thanks Guys!!!

Greg

You must have posted this immediately after Elaine and I drove away. In fact, the time stamp must not be est, or else you were doing two things at once that day. Thanks again for the fun tour of your place and Pittsburgh. It was fun indeed.

What brand of O-2 sensor are you using? I am still having problems with my Inovate. Some times it works fine, but more often than not it throws an e-8 error code.

Sam

Sam, I probably posted a bit after you and Elaine Left; Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves.

I use an Innovate LC-1 on my car - Only complaint I have is that the analog autput to the dash gauge reads leaner than the Digital output to Megasquirt/ Megatune...

Otherwise It's fine. I really dont know which is more accurate in my case the Digital or The analog?

Maybe try an AEM 02 Gauge / sensor - I have never used one but maybe som others have???

Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:05 am 

Car Model:
I have 2 AEM's up and running in my cars and no problems yet. $200 from Summit or similar.

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:30 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Do you have a model or part number? It might be worth the change.

Sam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:07 am 

Car Model:
This is what I have:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AVM-30-4100/

AEM 30-4100 gauge and sensor complete kit.

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:14 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Hi Lou, I ordered that this morning. I actually did a search before looking at this thread, and this thread popped up. Thanks for the link. Are there any tips, or suggestions you have for install and operation?

Sam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:31 am 

Car Model:
I have done it twice and it was dead simple. Just switched hot wire and ground, IIRC. I put the one in my '64 Dart in your driveway while visiting you 2-3 yrs ago, in fact. I have not interfaced either of them with the MS ECU yet, though. Man, am I lazy or what. I just use them by eye for manual tuning.

The one on the '68 turbo Dart has worked great so far, and I've tuned for 11 - 11.7:1 AFR under full (~ 9psi) boost. No issue with that yet, after about 3k street miles with some beating and 4 days of dragstrip runs. Engine makes about 280-300 crank HP by the strip numbers and weight. I have been conservative with timing using my old dist driving MSD 6A (16-20 deg at full mech advance). I anticipate more power/response, and better mileage once I go to MSII or MSIII timing control.

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:59 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Lou, Gauge arrived yesterday, and I spent the evening taking out the old one, and getting the new stuff routed and mounted. It was desperately humid in the garage, and after an hour, with my shirt and hair sweat soaked, I called it a day. Will fire it up tonight after a diner date with my wife. If it all works, which I expect it will, I will button it up and call it done.

It was much simpler than the Inovate owing to the controller being inside the gauge, and because the entire concept is a stand alone gauge. It is not a part of a larger, complex, daisy chained gauge system like the Inovate gauge. . Also, the sensor on the AEM is pre calibrated in some way, so there is no free air calibration required. They claim superior accuracy. I am eager to see if the AF ratios it reports are similar to what I was getting before with the inovate.

Sam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:41 pm 

Car Model:
Sounds great, Sam. I guess I was lucky not to have tried the Innovate first. The AEM reading jive with my seat-of-pants expectations of running at a given A/F. Tuning for 11.5:1 under full boost has been easy, and I haven't blown anything up yet!

Lou

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next