Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:04 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:56 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Anyone know a source for SS custom shaped intake mounting washers? Seems like it would lower heat conduction ( by a 1/3?) thru the mounting washers, especially for sensitive efi injector heat applications, at a minor cost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:57 am 
Turbo EFI

Car Model: 1965 Plymouth Belvedere I
Found these on Ebay, but I believe that they are thinner than the OE pieces.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOPAR-SLANT-6-INTAKE-EXHAUST-WASHERS-POLISHED-STAINLESS-/261469947521?hash=item3ce0d2c681:g:jNIAAOxy9X5TY~eu&vxp=mtr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:01 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Yea they look kinda thin, I'm guessing my OEM from '62 are 3/8 to 5/16" thick, have yet to measure, plus mine are more shaped like NJ?, definitely not triangle, and it looks like that have raised hole, kinda like a valve cover washer, not sure on the 8 count, till I look.

Was thinking if they were to be made, a water jet or laser would be the ticket I think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:18 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
A major brain fart for me, referring to the ebay link, the count is correct, the shape is correct, the dimple? is correct, only question are they .187" thick? Regardless, that is the solution i was looking for, since I would suspect the exhaust manifold surely conducts a decent amount of heat into the intake manifold thru that special washer, Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:35 am 
Turbo EFI

Car Model: 1965 Plymouth Belvedere I
When I asked about these a year or so ago, I was told The washers are .118" thick . I believe the OE ones are about twice as thick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:52 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
And note that's for a pack of 8 per auction. You'd need 14-16 total I believe... $100 just for washers?? Don't get me wrong I've blown money on stuff I probably didn't need to in the past but.....

I think your going down the wrong path. Whatever heat conduction that goes through the washers is dwarfed by the exhaust being so close nearby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:49 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Yes I confirmed the washers are .118". I agree in the big picture ,SS will not give a lot of improvement, but it will be some. I suspect the washers play a part, and SS will help with that, radiant heat can be reduced by other means, foils, coatings, shields, etc, convection will be what it is, and if I add some engine compartment venting, that will help. I don't think a lot of heat comes back into the intake thru the head/gasket, but have nothing to back that up. I don't want a soon to be installed EFI system hampered by injector heat soak, especially for a Florida car. The $100 will make me consider making my own I think.