Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:20 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Fuel Rail for DIY
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:32 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model: 1973 Dodge Dart Swinger
Here are some fuel rails for sale.
They are made by Gill Welding & Fabrication (where I work).
They are the same product one is on ebay and one is on Gill Welding & Fabrication's website.

Here is a coupon for 10% Off.
11/27/2017 - 12/4/2017
slantsixefi

This coupon only works on Gill Welding's Website.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-Dodge-Plymouth-Slant-Six-225-198-170-Fuel-Rail-For-EFI/253272667947?hash=item3af83a372b:g:nRUAAOSwVtZaFcU~&vxp=mtr

https://www.gillwelding.com/product-page/slant-six-intake-manifold-efi

They fit all models of slant six and are designed to be in the center of the runner.
They are tapped 1/2" NPT and have a -8 AN Bore.
Underneath the bore is about 1/2" of material that can be drilled, tapped, etc for rail hold downs.
The Rails come in natural finish, but can be easily polished.

Have a great day.

Post subject: Re: Fuel Rail for DIY
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:54 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model:
That is a nice price for a finished rail.
Are the injector bores set to the standard Bosch injector, 14mm IIRC.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:26 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
Are the intakes for sale too? If so, can I get the TB mounting pipe located further toward the front so it fits my current turbo install??

Thanks for the info,

Lou

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:07 am 
3 Deuce Weber

DadTruck wrote:
That is a nice price for a finished rail.
Are the injector bores set to the standard Bosch injector, 14mm IIRC.

Yes, it is 14 mm like a standard bosch injector.

Dart270 wrote:
Are the intakes for sale too? If so, can I get the TB mounting pipe located further toward the front so it fits my current turbo install??

Thanks for the info,

Lou

The intakes are currently on back order, but more will be available soon. The Intakes are full CNC and hand TIG welded, so other than a handmade one off a relocation of the TB mounting tube isn't available. It can be done, but the price is unknown, I can estimate one for you if you'd like. I apologize for any inconvenience.

This all being said if you wanted a front of the log (front of the engine) or rear of the log (rear of the engine/ fire wall entrance) entrance it can be achieved at roughly the same cost as the current manifold.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:40 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model: More cars than sense...
This is really good stuff!! Thanks for posting!

We hope to see Lab Rat at some of our Slant 6 races this year.
Have you been to any of our events yet?

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:31 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model: 76 D100
That is a great deal on the fuel rail, even without the discount. Any chance you would be interested in fabricating a TB mount that would mount to a stock intake and bolt to the standard carb mounting points? Or an aftermarket four barrel intake mounting points?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:21 pm 
3 Deuce Weber

Rob Simmons wrote:
This is really good stuff!! Thanks for posting!

We hope to see Lab Rat at some of our Slant 6 races this year.
Have you been to any of our events yet?

I appreciate the feedback!

We are definitely going to try to be at a few events this coming year!
Currently we don't want to race it too much do too the excessive oil smoke, but as soon as the holiday season slows and we have enough time to work on Lab Rat again we will definitely be going to work on it. As for now just a little around town usage.

For those wondering Lab Rat is our 1973 Dodge Dart Swinger that gets tested on quite often.
You can read more here https://www.gillwelding.com/blog/tag/Lab%20Rat

Reed wrote:
That is a great deal on the fuel rail, even without the discount. Any chance you would be interested in fabricating a TB mount that would mount to a stock intake and bolt to the standard carb mounting points? Or an aftermarket four barrel intake mounting points?

That definitely can be done, one off items tend to be more expensive. We typically do a batch of 10 to bring down cost.
We would have to poll for interest. What TB pattern? What manifolds should it fit? Etc. A one off can be done, but typically is fully handmade by us. Thanks for the comment and interest!

We are trying to get some products out for those of you who want to do DIY stuff, but don't want to go through the hassle of designing everything. For example this rail will fit pretty much any slant six intake manifold. The only thing you have to do is figure out how you want to mount it.

Some products we might do in the future for individual resale:

Aluminium Fuel Pump Block Off Plate.

Rotrex Blower Mounting Kit.

Stainless Steel N/A Header.

Stainless Steel Turbo Header.

Liquid Intercooler (A Body).

Trigger Wheel Kit (excluding sensor).

Distributor Block Off Plate

Aluminium Cylinder Head (close to stock, but designed to be much lighter weight)

And many many more strange and unusual ideas, so keep an eye on Lab Rat!

We are open to suggestions, but currently are watching for profitability. An aluminium cylinder head would take a notable amount of CNC time to program, so it will probably be low on the list. Distributor plugs, trigger wheel kits, fuel pump block off plates, and fuel rail are all producible for the foreseeable future. An aluminium cylinder head would have almost the same design cost as our intake manifold. We will proceed selectively picking the most needed items. Our ultimate goal is to be able to offer everyone parts that will bring their slant six into this century and end the parts search for those who would rather upgrade.

The slant six is not our main source of income, but rather, a passion project. Every slant six part we've designed has the end user in mind. We are choosing the most needed parts so that our turnover is quick and we can proceed to tackle larger R&D. We will be here offering slant six parts as long as we are in business and we've been in business over 20 years.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:12 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model: 76 D100
I agree slant six parts are difficult to view as a profitable venture, mainly due to the limited market. For that reason my recommendation would be for a throttle ody adapte with a four barrel bolt pattern that will bolt directly to an Offy or Clifford four barrel intake without an adapter. The throttle body bolt pattern I would recommend is a Ford throttle body (but only because I have a bunch laying around). I am not "in the know" enough about throttle bodies to know what the most common bolt pattern is. I know lots of people use GM throttle bodies.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:38 am 
3 Deuce Weber

I have extended the 10% off coupon for the Christmas season.
Again this only applies to http://www.gillwelding.com
Use Code slantsixefi
Expiration 12/24/2017

Reed wrote:
I agree slant six parts are difficult to view as a profitable venture, mainly due to the limited market. For that reason my recommendation would be for a throttle ody adapte with a four barrel bolt pattern that will bolt directly to an Offy or Clifford four barrel intake without an adapter. The throttle body bolt pattern I would recommend is a Ford throttle body (but only because I have a bunch laying around). I am not "in the know" enough about throttle bodies to know what the most common bolt pattern is. I know lots of people use GM throttle bodies.

This could be done, a general poll would need to be performed to find the most common options people want. Typically, depending on design time and CNC time, it requires a batch of 10-15 to break even in production.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:49 am 
3 Deuce Weber

For those wanting to do their own fuel injection we are running a sale again for Christmas. We just got a fresh batch of rails and bungs!
Be sure to talk to us about any of your other needs as well. We have a package deal setup for Megasquirts and can get you all the accessories at a great price.

The following is the code for the 10% off coupon for the Christmas season.
Again this only applies to http://www.gillwelding.com
Use Code slantsixefi
Expiration 12/24/2018