Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:29 am 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model: 1967 Dodge Dart 270
1967 Dodge Dart, 225cid slant 6. I'm sorry that I've become so bothersome with this. Thank you for your patience!

I'm almost finished - but I need to put the alternator field circuit on a relay. I HAD an original, 20-something-amp alternator in the vehicle when I bought it, along with the original voltage regulator. Both of those went in the garbage some time ago. I NOW have a 90amp Denso alternator with a Standard VR-128 voltage regulator. My questions:

- For the ground (85) and power (30) wires, what wire gauge do I use?
- For the in-line fuse on the power (30) wire, what size of fuse ought I install for a 90amp alternator?
- For the wires that go on the 86 and 87 prongs ... I'm not quite sure where to make that cut. I assume I should make it near the voltage regulator itself (instead of near the alternator). Here's what the instructions say in Dan's thread:

Quote:
The ignition switch end of this wire goes to terminal 86 of the relay. The regulator/field end of the wire goes to terminal 87 of the relay.

If anyone had a picture of this, I would be MOST appreciative. If I've not been clear in my questions, please don't hesitate to ask me to explain. Thank you SO MUCH in advance for your help!