Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:32 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: 2bbl carb help
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:22 am 
1 BBL (New)

Car Model: D150 slant six 4spd
Hello, I’m new to this forum, but have used a lot of suggestions from it. I have an 82 D150 Miser all original barn find. Got it up and running, upgraded to the HEI ignition. My question is carburetor’s. The original was completely worn out, throttle shaft is worn and bushings are leaking to the point that it idles at 1500rpm with the idle screw backed all the way off. I rolled the dice on the cheap Amazon Chinese one and it has been terrible. I bit the bullet and purchased a Holley 2300 street avenger 2bbl 350cfm. Based on my research from this forum, I purchased some different PV to try and 56 and 58 jets to try along with the master accel pump cam kit. I’ve already had the exhaust changed to 2.5” single pipe with a turbo muffler. I’m going to be installing the carb this week and was hoping for some feedback. It’s a stock slant with a manual 4 spd. 2WD. Mechanically it runs pretty good when the carb is semi functioning. It has good vacuum, timing is set great. It just needs a better carburetor. I’ve had 2 other slant vehicles, this is my first truck with a slant, and my first hydraulic lifter slant. So it’s a little bit of a learning curve.

Post subject: Re: 2bbl carb help
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:59 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Hello,

If you get a wideband O2 installed in your exhaust pipe that can help you to tune the carb a lot.

With stock everything else it is possible that the out of the box settings on that carb could deliver too much fuel, but you will really just be guessing until you get the O2 data to digest in real time.

Good luck!
Greg