Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:56 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
Hi folks,

Here is the tentative schedule for Slant 6 drag racing in the East for 2010:

May 22-23: Mason-Dixon Dragway in Hagerstown, MD. Points races on BOTH Saturday and Sunday. Part of big 27th Annual Mid-Atlantic Mopar Meet. Looking to be biggest race of 2010!Contact is Rick Covalt.

June?? Knoxville Dragway in Knoxville, TN. No date set yet, but hopefully June. Possibly 2 day points race. Contacts are Meril and Gary Bruner.

July 17: Wilkesboro Dragway in Wilkesboro, NC. Points race (Saturday) in late afternoon/evening, with car show at Empire Chrysler starting at 9 AM. Contacts are Ron and Kay Hamby.

August 21-22: Kearney Raceway Park in Kearney, NE. Points race Saturday, and possibly a second on Sunday. DATE NOT IN CEMENT YET, but soon. Contacts are Mike Jeffrey and Lou Madsen.

Sept 3-5: Mopar Thunder at Bristol Dragway in Bristol, TN. Points race Sunday, brackets Sat, t'n't Fri eve. NEED COORDINATOR/CONTACT for this race.

Oct 9-10: Mopar Southern Classic at Mountain Park Dragway in Clay City, KY. Points race Saturday, brackets Sat/Sun, t'n't Fri eve. NEED COORDINATOR/CONTACT for this race.

Oct 23: Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds, GA. Points race Saturday. CONFIRMED. Come down south for nice weather in late Oct and some fast times!

It is conceivable we could add another race this year, and this will be discussed at the banquet in Pigeon Forge, TN in 3 weeks. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Any thoughts, questions, flames, etc???

See ya at the track!

Lou

Last edited by Dart270 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:23 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model: More cars than sense...
I LIKE this schedule!! :D :D

I'm trying to work it out to get out of Afghanistan a little earlier than planned so I can help Angie with the move back to the states instead of having her have all of that burden.

If it works out right we could potentially make Wilesboro! :shock: (Very optimistic, I know...)

However, Kearney, Bristol and Clay City are all definitely doable! :D

I might even be able to volunteer to be the Clay City POC if my plan works right!

(I'm so excited I think I just made a wet spot. :oops: :lol: )

** Note to self: Call Gary Bruner to see what parts I need to order for that race engine build... Oh yeah, and go pottie before reading posts about the 2010 racing schedule! :lol:

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:36 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
YAY! East Side schedule - I can Most likely make 2 of these races. Hagerstown and Wilkesboro are my top 2 for this year!

Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:39 am 

Car Model:
Glad to hear positive responses about the tentative schedule. Mop that up, eh Rob?

We will discuss at banquet and firm up race points of contact (POC's) and any other details.

Lou

Post subject: Bump
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:31 pm 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model: 65 Valiant 2Dr Post
Hagerstown, Md. will be 2 points races. Saturday & Sunday.

Any word on Knoxville Dates? If I win the Hagerstown races I may have enough money to come to Knoxville and win 2 races there! Yeah right! :lol:

Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:41 pm 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model:
Georgia and Arkansas races as well both points races both late in the season OCT/Nov
Frank

178" FED
82 D150
All Slant powered

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:43 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model:
I am waiting on conformation, on Oct 23rd for Reynolds Ga.

64 Valiant Signet
64 Valiant 4dr 170

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:45 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Charrlie_S wrote:
I am waiting on conformation, on Oct 23rd for Reynolds Ga.

That's great Charlie! I hope that date works out. It would be great to be able to race at Reynolds my first season back in the states.

Still not sure where I will get stationed next. Still hoping for Kentucky. Going back to Atlanta was on the table for a little while, but it was only for a year, so I passed. I'm hoping I will know for sure where we are going within the next couple weeks.

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:37 am 
Poser

Car Model:
I will definitely be at Clay City this year! Since my B-day is on the 8th - it is a present to myself! Fodge Truckster is nowhere near complete so I won't have a set of wheels but do look forward to meeting many of you! Where do most folks stay while down there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:16 pm 

Car Model:
Thanks for the update, Charlie. That sounds like a good date.

Looking forward to seeing you at more than one race, Rob!!

Wayne, some folks camp at track, some stay about 20 min away in Winchester right where the Mtn Parkway meets I64.

Time is ticking on!

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:11 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model:
Slant Six Race for Oct 23rd, at Reynolds Ga, is confirmed. Please add it to the schedule.

64 Valiant Signet
64 Valiant 4dr 170

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:42 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Dart270 wrote:
Looking forward to seeing you at more than one race, Rob!!

Lou

Things are slowly starting to shape up. It looks like Kentucky is going to happen for us after all (fingers still crossed until I get the official paperwork).

I'm not sure about Kearney, but I think that Bristol and Clay City are definitely doable. I would love to make it back to Silver Dollar as well for some of the best boiled peanuts and fried green tomatoes in the world! :D

If things go according to plan and I'm settled in at Fort Knox in time, I will volunteer to be the Clay City contact/coordinator.

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 7:13 am 

Car Model:
Rob,

That's all great news! No dates yet, I guess. Looking forward to seeing you at least at CC and GA. How's the car situation progressing?

If you want to be CC race coordinator, then I suggest you go to their website and then call them to confirm we can have our Slant 6 race there. They are usually pretty good about payouts, and prizes for us.

You might contact Norm Foster and/or Ron Parker, since one of them was the coordinator last year. Pretty sure it was Norm.

Cheers,

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:23 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Dart270 wrote:
Rob,

That's all great news! No dates yet, I guess. Looking forward to seeing you at least at CC and GA. How's the car situation progressing?

If you want to be CC race coordinator, then I suggest you go to their website and then call them to confirm we can have our Slant 6 race there. They are usually pretty good about payouts, and prizes for us.

You might contact Norm Foster and/or Ron Parker, since one of them was the coordinator last year. Pretty sure it was Norm.

Cheers,

Lou

As far as dates go, Angie and the boys will be moving to Kentucky sometime in late June or early July. She's trying to plan a house hunting trip in a couple weeks. It's looking like I will be out of here late July to early August and will have to go back to Germany for about a week before joining them in Kentucky.

I just posted in the "So what did you get done..." thread about the car situation. Gary is making progress on the engine, but there is still a LOT that will need to be done before the white Duster is ready again. With his Dad being the way he is, I've told Gary not to worry at all about my stuff. He has way more important things to take care of.

I'm still interested in buying Norm's Challenger :shock: . Hopefully Gerald Wright will be able to hook up with Norm to take a close look at it for me now that Norm is back home in Dalton. If he hasn't sold it by August I will meet up with him to look myself and maybe seal the deal. It also depends on how much house Angie decides we need in Kentucky. :lol:

The Turismo will hopefully have the ladder bars and wheel tubs in it by the time I get back, but that one's a LONG way from getting done.

If Gary isn't able to finish up the new race engine, I can always fall back to the original plan and use the engine/tranny from the blue Duster for the white Duster. That would mean that I won't have a car ready to race for awhile after I get back, but it's an option.

I will mention the CC event to Norm the next time I communicate with him. Thanks for the "Heads Up".

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 2:27 pm 

Car Model:
Man, that's a lotta poop to scoop! I am also a "multi car" guy, so it sounds like you'll join us with a bevy of Slant cars this/next year.

Lou