Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:59 am 
Site Admin

Car Model: 2023 Eichman Digger?
Hi Lou,

You mentioned talking to the Killer Bees Treasurer about rule changes in the Banquet Thread.

Could you share with us what those rule changes were? I'd like to be able to add them to the rules thread, and understand how they will effect the series.

CJ

Post subject: rule changes
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:41 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
CJ and all,

RULE CHANGE DISCUSSION AND VOTES:

1) Rainouts: All voted to allow open rescheduling on rainout races during the season. This deletes our previous rule about the delay needed for rainout reschedule and that the rescheduled race must be at the same track. It was decided that this can only limit attendance, which is what we are trying to encourage now. After 5 race days of rainout in 2012, we cannot imagine this level of rainouts happening again, but this rule opens things up.

2) Crosstalk: After another incident this year with crosstalk on, we decided to formalize a rule about how to handle this. First, the race coordinator must ask the track personnel to turn off crosstalk for our race. Second, if the faster car loses due to crosstalk being on due to the track failing to turn crosstalk off, the affected pairings participate in a mandatory re-run. Both racers are allowed to change their dial-ins on the re-run.

3) Attendance points: After extended discussion with comments from the Slantsix.org board taken into account, there was a unanimous vote to award 5 points per racer per race (a race is defined as one set of eliminations). We feel this will encourage attendance, and is more in line with what NHRA does to encourage attendance at its amateur race events.

4) Attendance points on rainout: Attendance points are awarded for rained out events if your car is in line to enter the grounds of the race track for the scheduled rained out race, or you put your wheels on the track property on the day of the race. This was a unanimous vote except for one person in disagreement. You will not get points if you are in town or on the way, etc... You must be at the track to collect points.

Thanks to all for your input on these changes. We hope these will encourage further attendance and tighter competition in 2013!

Best wishes,

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:33 am 
Site Admin

Thanks Lou!

Now, one more clarification. On the open rainout reschedule, that would be within the year the race was originally scheduled, correct? In other words, a race rained out in 2013 could not be run in 2014.

CJ

Post subject: Re: rule changes
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:09 am 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Dart270 wrote:
CJ and all,

RULE CHANGE DISCUSSION AND VOTES:

3) Attendance points: After extended discussion with comments from the Slantsix.org board taken into account, there was a unanimous vote to award 5 points per racer per race (a race is defined as one set of eliminations). We feel this will encourage attendance, and is more in line with what NHRA does to encourage attendance at its amateur race events.

Thanks to all for your input on these changes. We hope these will encourage further attendance and tighter competition in 2013!

Best wishes,

Lou

Just for clarification, the attendance points are for each elimination round? So, at a 40 point race the winner ends up with 40 points and second place ends up with 35 points? I just wanted to clarify this to make sure I understand it.

Thanks, Linda

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:59 am 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model: 65 Valiant 2Dr Post
Quote:
So, at a 40 point race the winner ends up with 40 points and second place ends up with 35 points?

Not correct.

In a 4 round race the winner gets 40 points plus 5 attendance points
R/U gets 30 points for 3 round wins plus 5 attendance points

Instead of the 1 point given in past years they get 5 points for attending

Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:03 pm 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model: 65 Valiant 2Dr Post
[quote]In other words, a race rained out in 2013 could not be run in 2014. [quote]

Not sure that we ever specifically discussed this , but in my opinion (for what it's worth) it should be in the same year.

Rick

Last edited by Rick Covalt on Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:04 pm 
Poser

Car Model:
How many POints if ya bring a car that iS not running? What if ya show up with cookiEs? Don't Run yer mouths about negative points! :lol:

P.S. use your special Army decoder ring to decode the hidden message!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:16 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model: More cars than sense...
wvenable wrote:
How many POints if ya bring a car that iS not running? What if ya show up with cookiEs? Don't Run yer mouths about negative points! :lol:

P.S. use your special Army decoder ring to decode the hidden message!

At least I brung one! :P

(And it does SO run now...)

No points fer runnin' yer yap Cookie! :twisted:

I agree with Rick on the rain out re-schedule being in the same year.

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:13 pm 

Car Model:
Linda and all: The 5 attendance points are to show up for one day of racing (whole set of eliminations). You get 5 pts for being at the track, then 10 pts for every round you win. 45 pts for the winner of a 4 round race.

CJ: Thanks for asking about the "same year" reschedule. I am 100% with you that it needs to be in the same calendar year. I see no reason not to include this in the new rule. That was implied in our discussion, IMHO.

Wayne, if you confess that your racecar is not running when you show up to the track, then no points!! :P

This is nice to have a little feedback before we type up the final wording in the rule set.

Thanks to all,

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:10 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
If I show up with two cars but only run only 1 do I get 10 points? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:26 am 

Car Model:
Haha. Keep the wisecracks coming...

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:20 am 
Site Admin

Now, subtract five points for anyone that says they will be there, and doesn't show! :lol:

So showing up is equivelent to setting a record. Check, gotcha. That just ain't right.

So career points are going to be adjusted for past years? Otherwise, keeping track of them from this point forward is meaningless. The numbers your going to see for many long time and past racers should be phenomenal!

2¢

CJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:23 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
I would think The Rule Changes would Not be retroactive.

The points earned between 1959-2012 would remain the same and the The New Points structure would come into play From January 1 2013 - on.

We can discuss the Record setting Point Value at the Next banquet. I believe the Record setting Points are relatively new anyway in the whole timeframe of the slant 6 points series.

If you look at this way Setting a record is equivalent to showing up to an additional race. - Even if you had no intentions to go to an additional race.

I surely don't have a problem with that.

Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:33 pm 
Site Admin

Not making it retro-active make career points meaningless.

Good Grief, can you imagine Doc's points at five points per event? What would it amount to? A couple thousand I imagine.

If it bolsters car count, good deal. Enjoy the big numbers. Use it for the annual championship count only.

Remove the attendance points from the career point computation. There's a solution. Round wins only for career points. Then you have something meaningful.
If you don't want to do the retro-math, then adjust all attendance points down to 1pt per event when computing career points at the end of the year. Anything else doesn't maintain a level playing field.

CJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:52 am 

Car Model:
I believe Rob has already done that (remove att pts). No problem with generating that number, or any other number anyone wants to look at or compare.

I agree that a record should count for more. I suggested 10 pts earlier.

Lou