Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:47 pm 
Site Admin

Car Model: 2023 Eichman Digger?
The Methanol injection, where were you going to put that?

Eaton superchargers are dry, no fuel should be injected prior to the blower. The bearings are not designed to have fuel present, nor does the rotor coating play well with fuels. (It will dissolve over time.) I'm not certain that applies to all Eaton products. Apparently there are some that can tolerate fuel load in the blower. The GM equipment does not. Lubricant will leach out of the bearings with fuels like the methanol present.

I've got a couple M-90's. Neat little blowers. Very efficient due to the bypass system operation at low throttle settings.
I'm wondering about the compound setup with your turbo. The bypass may develop delay. Probably not an issue, but your build has me pondering what that may manifest itself as.
At low engine speeds, the blower idles until you step on the long pedal and manifold vacuum drops out. The bypass closes, and the blower starts stacking up air. If the turbo increases boost beyond that of the blower, the bypass may re-open under load, or the blower may be delayed in producing boost. The Eaton is not known for high boost levels, as it is a blower, not a compressor. Depending on the turbo and it's configuration, a turbo can really put some air into the system.

The only compounds mixing turbochargers and Compressors I've seen were turbo's stacked on Detroit Superchargers on two cycle diesels for big scavenging air. Detroit compressors don't have bypass systems. so it wasn't an issue. I'm not sure this will manifest itself as a problem, but it's something to consider.

CJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:01 am 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
Well the meth I'm hoping to put a couple fogger type nozzles into the side of the plenum ( hope you seen the pictures) and I'm not sure.how many but I'm guessing probly six and pointed straight down the runners and of course its all just trial and error seeing as info is hard to come by. I'm not sure as of yet but I think I'm not going to use the by pass valve but I machined it into the bass plate because like I said its all experimental and I may go back and use it to by pass the supercharger once the turbo spools up and just toggle backand forth between high and low rpm. As for compound charging , surprisingly when I got the idea to do this I researched this and found quiet a bit of vehicles that used both charging systems and even today I believe its vw uses it in some of there tai engines along with lancia in the mid 80's in there delta s4 cars along with a couple other group b cars( if your not familiar with group b rally cars of the mid 80s Google it and your infor some really interesting reading) but you seem like your pretty knolegable when it.comes to these little wind boxes so if ya don't mind I'd like to keep it touch with ya when I run into some trouble. Thanks so much for your input and let me know what you think of my direction with the method injection and all hope to here from ya soon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:07 am 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
I've gotta tell every one now my proof reading skills are horrible so I apologize for and spelling and /or grammar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:34 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model: 1965 Barracuda 'S' auto
Bung in head! Pondered the impossible optimum injector angle and determined the best and easiest option is drill 3/4 holes right through the flat top of head/roof of the intake port and epoxy the 3/4 OD ebay bungs right in there. Straight shot to back of valve Trim inside port with die grinder and you are good to go. Machine shop with big drill press can do this in about 30 minutes. 4" offset per side, 2" between center pair. This matches a cadillac northstar rail spacing, just cut the u turn out so you have the front 3 and back 3 and tig/braze together. Check out my bung-head posts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:02 am 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
Quote:
I've gotta tell every one now my proof reading skills are horrible so I apologize for and spelling and /or grammar

Don't you worry, if necessary we'll bend over backwards to follow this thread anyway! :lol:

Olaf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:34 am 
Turbo EFI

Car Model: 64 Valiant
You might want to research runner lengths. Based on established formulas for determining them, yours are way too short to be usable for any street applications.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:56 pm 
EFI Slant 6

CNC-Dude wrote:
You might want to research runner lengths. Based on established formulas for determining them, yours are way too short to be usable for any street applications.

I think hes OK. We are all limited in the runner length (except maybe him as he has no cowl!) and forced induction likes shorter runners more so than longer runners, look at a V8 blower intake: there are like no runners, only the head ports. If he has no hood, and was running straight EFI, then he could get some crazy long torque runners folded over the valve cover just as long as he puts the injector past the bend. I would have actually made them shorter and the plenum larger, right up to the flange if I were supercharging. Low end grunt and you could fog the intake with with a batch fire bank installed about anywhere downstream of the blower, even on the opposite wall. Wilson V-Power puts 4 crossfiring right under a 4bbl TB on a single plane, cant be much worse than that for injector placement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:56 pm 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
Ok so its been a few days since my last post. So to get you guys up to speed I have the whole thing boxed in now and the injector bungs are welded in, I ended up just welding them at the biggest angle I could ( if Im lucky its 30 degrees) and now I've transford and drilled/reamed the fuel rail out of 36 inch f.a.s.t. fuel rail now I'm wondering do I tap the ends. It just seems that the fuel rail side wall is to thin to tap
And if so what size do i tap it. I

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:37 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Can you braze a fitting to the end? If its AL, I would get it tig welded, maybe an AN-4 fitting as the are easily adapted to everything. My Northstar rail has one stock and it has a schreader valve in it for pressure testing or something...

Post subject: digging up the dead...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:53 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
how are you coming along?

are you still working on it?

please say you haven't gave up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:15 pm 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:17 pm 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
Almost ready to fire it up using MS2 using 80lbs injectors (for e85) wondering if any one could point me in the right direction for the base tune?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:38 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model: 64 Plymouth Valiant
copy the img code (lower right) to get this

I added some spaces so you can see the code

[I MG]http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag107/johnhobbick/20150308_182446_zps754c2f2b.jpg[/ IMG]

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:44 am 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Wow!!
Will