Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:45 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:18 pm 
Guru

Car Model: Many Darts and a Dacuda
I got a G-Tech "performance meter" for Christmas and decided to test it with my 65 Dart. This car has a stock 225 with a 1bbl Carter, factory exhaust, 904 auto. trans. and a 2.94 8 3/4 rearend.

My guess was that this car as it sits would be a 20 second quarter mile deal and sure enough, we ran a 19.92 and a 19.80.
(averaged from a total of 4 passes, 1 up, 1 back, on the same piece of road)

Now for a little "tuning" to see if we can get some improvement without hurting the thing. (it has an Aluminium Block Slant)
DD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:00 am 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Doc this is the same car you had in the south bay show a few months ago? Is it gonna be the new drag car?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:40 am 
Guru

The Convert is not meant to be a permanent "racecar" but it has the 8 3/4 rear end and runs well so it will serve the purpose in a pinch.

To that end, we have a Proline Fuel Dual Weber set-up that Chris Jones wants us to test so on the car it goes.
DD

Last edited by Doctor Dodge on Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:48 am 
Guru

Here is the Finished Installation

The system started right up and runs sweet.
Now we get to do some tuning and testing.
DD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:14 am 
Guru

I was driving my 65 Dart Convert around Wednesday afternoon and found myself near Sears Point (Infinion) raceway.
Wednesday is bracket race night at this track so I decide to stop in to make a couple of passes, just to see what the old Dart with the newly installed Proline Fuel / D. Duals set-up would do. Basically a "shake-out" session for the up-coming Las Vegas race.

Anyway, the Tech Inspector checks out the car and sees that it has a Slant Six so he sticks me in the "Sport Street" bracket and tells me to use lanes 7 & 8.

I get to the staging lanes and find a big crowd of Import Cars! There must be over 100 of them. :roll:

I get in a time run and then win the first round of eliminations so I decide to stick with racing until I get eliminated.

The sun goes down and I win a couple of more rounds. Funny thing is that I'm on the brakes at the finish line on every run so far. I'm starting to get "dirty looks" from the rice boys.

Well, sure enough, 7 rounds later, I'm in the final. :grin: Actually won the Bye Run in the semi finals on a coin flip, I never even got out of my car, I just called "tails", it was tails.

In the final race, the other guy went "redlight", it must have been that red car he was driving! (Truth is that he just could not wait at the starting light for the 6 seconds it took for his side of the tree to come down)

I just cruised the car down the track and thru the finish line after my win light came-on. 8)

So...Mopar did good at Sears Point Raceway Wednesday night. In fact, runner-up in "Jackpot" was this Charger.
Now I have another one of these cheap track Trophys to find a spot for. :roll:
DD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:24 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
That's great to hear about the old '65 beating all the new imports. I hope to do the same when I finish my '65 Dart. So, I'm sure everyone is wondering... how were the 1/4 times with the new webber setup?

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:18 pm 
Guru

Car Model:
Truth is that the car is still slow off the line, the best pass was a 19.21 @ 70 mph.

The main problem is the 2.94 rear end gearing and 1800 stall converter, made for a real lazy 60 ft time. (2.7xx)
I also think the carbs are a bit on the rich side so I will lean them down a bit. This will be important at the 2000 ft. Las Vegas track.

I will take a set of 4.56 gears with me to Vegas, with a little 'tweaking' and some lower gears I hope I can get the car into the low 18s. (It is a stock aluminum block engine so I never expected it to be super fast, even with more carb and exhaust.)
One thing for sure is that the Proline Fuel Dual Weber set-up does work well right out of the box, even on a stock SL6.
DD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:10 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
What makes it so funny is the fact that those import boys probably laughed at the thought of a drag racing slant, but you came from nowhere and blew their doors off. I hate ricers, they are so annoying with their trash can muffler tips that sound like somebody farting. I stomped a lot of them in my Ford, and they laughed at it too because the fact it is three different colors (rust claimed the original pieces).

You have a very good looking car too. Convertibles are very special. They have a certain coolness factor to them.

Post subject: Go Doc Go
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:09 am 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
He makes it sound so easy :lol:

I feel a lot better seeing that at least one of Doc's cars was once slower than mine, and even at like 400# lighter.

This is a great remake of the old tortise and hare story, or the bull joke.

Young bull and old bull sitting on a hilltop.
Young bull says to old bull: lets run down there and f*** one of those cows!
Old bull replies: How about we walk down and F*** them all. :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great stuff Doc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:38 am 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
Can't wait to fit my Webers.

Even my 390 setup caused havoc - same rearend as Doc. The Cuda's slippery shape helped a bit but she looks so darn original down to the hubcaps and interior but the rumble from the exhaust worries the guys.

The slant is at this stage W/O headers or Webers or headwork.

Just 390 Holley, 2 /12 inch exhaust - reamed the manifold outlet a bit, msd. recurved dizzy and ZFRN plugs woke her up.

Can't wait to see what headers, better exhaust, cam and headwork, weber manifold, higher CR can do.

Doc, Congratulations!! LOVE to see a classic trounce the mods. Beautiful car BTW.

Fanie G

http://www.valiant50.co.za
Just say I own a few Mopars