Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:53 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:24 pm 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model: 65 Valiant 2Dr Post
Ok I just got hold of Elmer by phone and asked him about Saturday. And the schedule is to allow anyone to run time runs from 1-2:30PM and then we will start our time runs. So everyone could get in a couple extra runs Saturday.

See ya all soon!
Rick

PS. Again for any newcomers. Pay $15 at the gate, tell them you are racing Slant 6, and get your tech card. Come into the pits, go through tech and get your car number. Come find me and give me your car number and $20 for the purse. I will be the goober with the clip board!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:36 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model: 1965 Plymouth Belvedere I
I am out for racing, but in for spectating (Sunday).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:26 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
Looking great, everyone! It'll be very exciting to see several new faces. I am debating about a converter swap tomorrow night so I can have higher stall. Should come in the mail tomorrow afternoon... Either way, I'll be there, hopefully Fri eve.

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:42 pm 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
hope all is well sorry can't be there. please post results and how is the test and tune. hope to see all at Bristol shootout.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 4:57 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Saturday. .

Rain delay, then we all got 1. 1/8th mile time run then another rain shower showed up and cancelled the event for the rest of the night.

More updates tomorrow.

Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:25 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model:
We are running 2 races today and just finished round 1 of race 1.

Lots of good times put up by multiple cars!

Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:32 pm 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
Good Luck to all

Post subject: Results
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 6:52 pm 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model: 65 Valiant 2Dr Post
Just a short update for those who are waiting. What a whirlwind weekend at the races! It was cold and windy, and some rain Saturday. The folks at mason Dixon allowed us to race two races today, which made for a lot of hecticness for the race coordinator! :lol: :lol: But I believe a great time was had by all!

Race one was won by Ryan Covalt in his 4-speed Weber equipped pickup truck. R/U was Greg Ondayko, who was running very well in Ruster. ( May be into record territory)

Race number two had Norm Foster in Ron Parker's old car for the win. And Brian Droschak as the R/U.Congratulations to everyone!

Special thanks to everyone who helped me this weekend. To Patti for all the food and snacks. And a special thanks Alana Hargis & Kay Hamby for helping me pull the second ladder in a hurry. Couldn't have done it without you!

We had 18 cars for the first race and 17 for the second race, so these were both 50 pointers.

I will have to post pictures tomorrow, cause I'm beat! :lol: :lol:

Just one other thing! Will Burns Cuda ran a 9.09! :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes 9.09 and this car will walk right into the 8's with a gear change. What an amazing thing to watch! Thanks to Will for pushing the limits, and showing us just how fast a Slant 6 can go! Congratulations my friend! You have the well earned title of the fastest Slant 6 in the world!

Rick

Last edited by Rick Covalt on Tue May 17, 2016 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:40 pm 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
Thanks again, Rick! Great job with everything. Bummer about Saturday, but a great weekend nonetheless.

Still reeling from Will's passes. 9.09 @ 139.6 MPH, still spinning those huge slicks. 8s for sure when it hooks. Arrow straight down the track. He ran 9.44 @ 140.XX so there will be a 140 MPH record and a 9.26 ET backed up by the 9.09. Good golly...

I was happy to shave 0.5 sec off my fastest times. Last pass was 13.57 with 60-70lbs added to the trunk... 12s are in reach for my Great Aunt's Grocery Getter, methinks. Made it to Elaine Powell's this evening in time to sell Sam's Dart to a family friend - great.

Big congrats to Ryan and Norman. Great to see the Slanted Attitude Dart in action again with Norm at the helm. Love the webers on Ryan's truck.

Slant the world!!

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:05 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Congratulations on a fantastic car count and a great race.

Greatest slant runs for Will. Man a 9.09!

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 1:14 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
Congrats to all and thanks rick for all your hard work. Wish I could have been there to see the fastest slant 6. I hope to see everyone at Bristol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:46 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model:
Congrats to all. Wish I could have been there.

64 Valiant Signet
64 Valiant 4dr 170

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 4:44 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
We had Some Great Times, Both on the track with the cars and in the pits with the slanted family.

I ran a Personal Best for both 1/8 ET, MPH, 1/4 ET and MPH, and Getting close to Some Records.

Thanks to Rick and the COVALT CLAN for all of the Hospitality and organizing a great event.

Also It was great to see so many others post up some personal bests and record Numbers as well.

Thanks to Elmer, Turtrle and the Wachter Family for sqeezing in 2 races on Sunday as well!

Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:12 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model:
I Just e-mailed this to the track. I think it would be nice if others did something similar.

I would like to thank the managment and employes of the track, for hosting the slant six race(s), every year.I have been there several times (from Florida), and really appriciate, the hospitality, shown to the slant six racers. We are a small group, but always get treated as if we are a major draw. Due to family issues, I was unable to be there this past weekend, and probably will be unable to attend in the future. I did, however feel the need to express my gratitude to all.

--
Charrlie_S

66 Barracuda
66 Valiant
"Charlie's Angel"

64 Valiant Signet
64 Valiant 4dr 170

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:42 am 
Turbo EFI

Car Model: 1965 Plymouth Belvedere I
I showed up Sunday, sans racecar, slumming it in my Magnum. (I brought a hammer to a knife fight.) My brother decided to meet me there (from Indiana PA). We both had a fantastic time. Reinforced our admiration for all things slanted. I got to see a lot of things I usually miss when racing. I witnessed what has to be the fastest ever slant six quarter mile as the blue Barracuda went 9.06, holy frikkin crap! I'd like to race against that, just the rush of the Cuda going past should boot my ET by a tenth or two. Mama Mia!!
Met a famously GREAT bunch of guys and got to see some greatly infamous cars first hand (my brother was enthralled with 'Ruster'). Some seriously fantastic American ingenuity going on in these cars.
I didn't meet everybody and I am horrible at remembering names, but I can remember the truly awesome time I had. It will be even more fun next time, when I bring the car.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next