Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:46 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:20 pm 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
I talked to Red today and he said he would guarantee the winner $400 the runner up $100 and the semi would be $50 for each race.
the test and tune on Fri cost $20 and the Sat cost is $40 and Sun is $40
The spectator's cost is $10
I feel this is very generis on his part and he wants us to feel welcome.
We also talked about the four fastest cars run each other if we have time. It would be 1 vs 2 and 3 vs 4 and the winner vs winner to have bragging rights and there may be a small purse as well.
I know it is early but I think it would be nice to have as many cars as possible and to know that the winner gets $400.
June 24, 25,and 26

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:28 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
Thanks for your work and the update, Jack! Sounds great on all counts. Very generous purses and hope we can get a good turnout of Slant Six racers...

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:33 am 
SSRN National Champion

Car Model:
Jack that sounds great! Red is being very generous to us. We need to support his Bristol race. It will give long distance racers more incentive to come. Maybe Bristol attendance will see a rebound to the way it used to be. Friday tnt. Saturday and Sunday Races.
That gives us at least four big purse race weekends (8 individual races): Mason-Dixon x2, Wilkesboro, and Bristol.

Thanks Ron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:31 am 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model: 65 Valiant 2Dr Post
This sounds really good , Jack! Great purse and it sounds like he wants us there! That is good news. Hope to be there.

Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:32 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model:
I am planning on being at Bristol with the 68 Barracuda.

still need to swing a deal on a trailer, get some better tires, make some t & t passes,, the good news is,,,the list of things to do to get that car ready is getting shorter. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:04 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model: 1974 Plymouth Duster
Excellent job Jack!!!!

I have to get my mind re-engineered to thinking about Bristol in June, not Aug/Sep.

If this doesn't get racers to turn out for Bristol, then I can live with dropping the race from the schedule next year.

Hoping for a good turnout!! :mrgreen:

Brian

74 Duster, 225, rear-mounted blow through turbo at 12psi boost, street/strip car
"Sixy Beast"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 7:09 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
I am trying to come to this race.

If worse comes to worse, then I will be there Saturday / Sun.

At best I will be there for Friday TNT as well.

Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:11 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
I know it's a month away so I thought we might start a roll call for the Bristol race
Jack Jr
Jack III
Ron Hamby
Greg
Rick?
Lou?
Brian M
Mark said he would be there one day and his son might be there with his truck. I know I'm forget people and I am sorry but it looks good so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:43 am 

I am planning to come, and I think Ryan is too. Will let you know for sure about Ryan as the time approaches.

Is there camping at the track? Can we leave our cars and trailers there overnight? Any motels that you all have used close by?

Rick

How about the Bruner Clan? Rodney and Alana?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:57 am 

I see from the maps it is a huge complex, with campgrounds right there, but if Patti & Whitney comes we may get a motel. Where do we usually park at so we are all together?

Rick

Post subject: Bristol
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:39 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
I plan on coming if my health is ok. Still fighting kidney stone hope I pass it real soon. They have a great facility at Bristol with numerous hot showers and clean restrooms. We always camped where we pitted. See everyone there hopefully. Norm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:18 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model: 1974 Plymouth Duster
Camping is allowed at the track. The pits are completely paved, so tent campers might want some kind of cushioning. They have showers and restrooms available all night. The majority of racers camp at the track. There is no extra fee to camp that I am aware of. Racers can leave their cars and/or trailers overnight.

The campgrounds outside the complex are primarily for when the NHRA and NASCAR weekends happen. I have not stayed at any of them in the past, and they are very empty when I drive by them. I would definitely advise anyone to call one of those campgrounds and make sure it is open first before arriving.

Hotels near the complex are a weak point. There are a couple of small, privately owned motels close by but I cannot vouch for any of them. All of the chain hotels are a good distance from the track. They seem to be all located close to the interstate (I-81).

As far as pit location, this is going to be a first for our group racing in conjunction with DERacing. This is a large group of local bracket racers, and several of them have paid for seasonal reserved pit spaces. All of the pit spaces are numbered. As you might imagine, pit spaces near the restroom facility and staging lanes are popular. In the past, we slanters have tried to congregate in pits closest to the staging lanes. I am fairly certain that we will not be able to do that at this race event. I will contact Red and get an idea of where we can pit together.

Brian

74 Duster, 225, rear-mounted blow through turbo at 12psi boost, street/strip car

"Sixy Beast"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:28 am 

Quote:
They seem to be all located close to the interstate (I-81).

That is fine Brian. 81 is only 10 or 15 minutes away. If Patti and Whit come then comfort for Patti and her Migraines and Whit and the baby is more important to me than being at the track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:03 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
I have stayed at the Days Inn Bristol Parkway, which is 5-7 min from the track and on the way from I81 (coming from north). It is fine and cheap, but not amazing. Plenty of restaurants and shopping and downtown nearby. Been several years...

Usually I camp at the track and it is a nice place to camp. Usually it is worth pulling down to the end of the track to avoid annoying generator noise and lights at night.

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:41 pm 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater