Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:20 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
Yes, Sunday is the best day to go if you can only do one day. Pretty good size Mopar swap and car show, but depends on weather as Greg said.

I believe we start time runs around 11 or noon, and elimination rounds usually start around 2 PM. We usually seem to be done and leaving the track around 5-6 PM Sunday if the weather is good.

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:22 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Curious -- does the track allow seating aside from the usual bleacher setup?

Back issues prevent me from sitting like that for long......yeah I'm old. LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:35 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
You can bring a folding chair and there is a raised grassy section near the track and a bit downtrack of the bleachers. Nice spot for viewing. Lots of people back up a pickup to the fence and sit in/on the bed w/chair or not.

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:50 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Dart270 wrote:
Yes, Sunday is the best day to go if you can only do one day. Pretty good size Mopar swap and car show, but depends on weather as Greg said.

I believe we start time runs around 11 or noon, and elimination rounds usually start around 2 PM. We usually seem to be done and leaving the track around 5-6 PM Sunday if the weather is good.

Lou

Is test-and- tune open to the public or just racers? And is there a fee just to watch on saturday if we register for the event on sunday?

Trying to decide whether to get there earlier or later on saturday...and whether to bring the cuda and volare, one of them or neither......

Since there is a show I was thinking of entering the fish or volare....

How do they run it as far as people in the car? Like Carlisle where two people get in with a car entry? Or do you pay the entry fee PLUS a spectator fee?

Or is it safe to assume that if entering a car in the show, that is a pass for the races as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:35 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
shadango wrote:
Dart270 wrote:

Lou

Is test-and- tune open to the public or just racers? And is there a fee just to watch on saturday if we register for the event on sunday?

Trying to decide whether to get there earlier or later on saturday...and whether to bring the cuda and volare, one of them or neither......

How do they run it as far as people in the car? Like Carlisle where two people get in with a car entry? Or do you pay the entry fee PLUS a spectator fee?

Or is it safe to assume that if entering a car in the show, that is a pass for the races as well?

If you enter in the show You are in the show.

If you are racing then you will pit and race.
No Reason to not bring the cuda for Show and Volare to race with the slant clan!

35? (that could be split between track and Slant group too) I think to race - If you have further questions call / email track or PM Rick Covalt - I think he will know all the skinny on the details!

I am not sure what a straight spectator fee for Sunday is ?? Maybe $10

Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:35 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Greg Ondayko wrote:
shadango wrote:
Dart270 wrote:

Lou

If you enter in the show You are in the show.

If you are racing then you will pit and race.
No Reason to not bring the cuda for Show and Volare to race with the slant clan!

35? (that could be split between track and Slant group too) I think to race - If you have further questions call / email track or PM Rick Covalt - I think he will know all the skinny on the details!

I am not sure what a straight spectator fee for Sunday is ?? Maybe $10

Greg

Sorry, let me clarify.

We wouldnt be racing either car, just showing.

We would be also wanting to watch the races throughout the day, maybe visit the pits, and do the swap meet.

At carlisle they allow for the driver and a passenger for the same car entry fee.....

Trying to find out if its like that for this one or $15 to enter the vehicle in the show PLUS an extra spectator fee for the races for all in the car or what.

Also, I emailed the track asking these questions and they didnt really....but they did say "saturday is an AMRA points meet , all Harleys, along with test and tune, open to all, spectators $10"

He said nothing about the time test and tune would start....not really caring a lot about watching harleys race.....well, maybe...but more interested in seeing the cars....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:02 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
If you are paying for 2X Cars in the Show then your specator fee is paid for - Just migrate from the car show to the grandstand or swap meet - ( I am assuming this of course) this is the norm when Dragstrips combine show / swap race events in one day.

I am talking bout sunday only here - If you come for a partial day saturday I dont know how / If they will charge,

Hope this Helps.

Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:23 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Greg Ondayko wrote:
If you are paying for 2X Cars in the Show then your specator fee is paid for - Just migrate from the car show to the grandstand or swap meet - ( I am assuming this of course) this is the norm when Dragstrips combine show / swap race events in one day.

I am talking bout sunday only here - If you come for a partial day saturday I dont know how / If they will charge,

Hope this Helps.

Greg
\
I would assume that too....but you know how that goes...LOL

Have never had the Volare that far away yet, so its a little unsure on my end....I guess there has to be a first , and I have towing...LOL.....son would love having his car in the show.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:03 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
I hope it all works out, We would love to see some More Pittsburgh Folks come out!

Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:29 pm 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model: 65 Valiant 2Dr Post
Quote:
Also, I emailed the track asking these questions and they didnt really....but they did say "saturday is an AMRA points meet , all Harleys, along with test and tune, open to all, spectators $10"

He said nothing about the time test and tune would start....not really caring a lot about watching harleys race.....well, maybe...but more interested in seeing the cars..

Yes I have the same problem getting answers every year.

I have e-mailed twice and have a call in to try and get the definite times for Saturday. In looking at the schedule I am not sure he wants us there in the morning along with the bikes to do the open test runs, or if he wants us to wait and come in the afternoon and run our race with the 3-8PM T&T. Hopefully I can talk to them in person tomorrow.

Here is what we know:

I will not be able to come down Friday at all. Grand kids have graduation Friday at 7:00 so you know where I will be.

Friday- Test & Tune 4-9PM $30, Spectators-Always been $10

Saturday - First time run 3:00PM $35 race / $10 Spectator

Sunday- Gates open 8:00, Drag races begin 11:30. $35 race / $10 Spectator

On Sunday, if the weather is good there may be a backup waiting to get in off the road. Leave yourself some extra time. I would plan on being in the pits Sunday by 10:00 to get unloaded and teched. Elmer has been known to start early and he usually runs us first.

As always, if you are racing Slant 6 tell them that at the gate and give them $15. Then proceed over to the pit area and find the Slant 6 guys. Give me the other $20 for the payout.

If you are in the car show Sunday, you can walk over into the pits,or drive over for that matter, if there is room. There is no additional charge to be on that side of the track. People camp at the track and there is no charge for that.

If there is any space there beside one of you folks with trailers and you can save me a spot that would be great. I will have the food and some tents to set up to hang out at. If it is full with Bikes, don't worry about it. I really have no idea how many will be there.

Hope to have an update on Saturday's schedule soon!

Rick

Last edited by Rick Covalt on Fri May 12, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:52 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Cool. Thanks rick.

Super skookum rundown as usual

Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:13 pm 

I Updated the post above also, but the first time runs for Slant 6 will be at 3:00PM. Tech should be open at 2:00 or 2:30. So we will have a afternoon / evening race for Saturday and we will have plenty of time to bench race Saturday morning.

Bad news on the car front. Covalt's have a good friends wedding on Saturday at 4:00 and Ryan and Micah will not be able to race. I may need a driver for my truck on Saturday. If you are interested drop me PM. It would be nice if you could pick it up at my home, since I wanted to tow with my new tow vehicle! :lol: But if I have to tow with the Slant 6 to get it to the track so someone can drive it I will. Just let me know.

Rick

Rick Covalt
Ryan Covalt -- Sunday
Rick's truck -- Derek Gordon Sat., Andrew Shank Sun.
Lou Madsen
Derrick Sword
Ron Hamby
Greg Ondayko
Brian Droschak
Phil Stoneback
Ken Anderson
Tom Kagarise - Sunday

Last edited by Rick Covalt on Sun May 21, 2017 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 4:41 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Can THe covalts Race on Sunday ? :wink:

Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 4:58 am 

Ryan will be there Sunday and Andrew Shank will be running my truck. Denny won't know till closer to the races.

Lots of know shows and lots of no replies to contacts :shrug: But we will race with whoever shows up.

Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:23 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Rick Covalt wrote:
Ryan will be there Sunday and Andrew Shank will be running my truck. Denny won't know till closer to the races.

Lots of know shows and lots of no replies to contacts :shrug: But we will race with whoever shows up.

Rick

Thank for all of your hard work once again Rick and the covalt clan!

Looking forward to it with whatever racers we may have.
Greg

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next