Slant Six Forum,  Forum Index
Home Slant Six Forum,  Forum Index Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Click here to make a donation to the Slant Six Forum!

Ziptie Drags
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Slant Six Forum, Forum Index -> Event Calendar
Select message display options:             View previous topic :: View next topic  
69val6
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Post subject: St. Louis Race (Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:32 pm) Reply with quote

I was looking at the race schedule from this year and noticed that there was one event every month on the East Side of the Country. If it's going to be that way next year it would mean we would have to make it two races in on month or something close to that. Is that going to be an issue with anyone?

I don't really think we'll be able to get anything going at Gateway Motorsports Park. I looked at the schedule they had this year and there's really no event we could join in with that would be a good fit. Gateway still has the same issues it's always had....no shade, high prices, probably more. Unless they pick up a Mopar only event next year I wouldn't bother with them. The Monster Mopar Weekend we used to go to got moved to Ohio a few years ago and likely won't be back.

I-57 dragstrip has one event that we could fit into pretty well. During the Street Machine Nationals weekend in June, they have an event called Insanity where they have an open night, non-points event that has grudge races, a heads up street class, footbrake class, pro and super pro. They had a pretty good purse for some the heads up and super pro classes.

There was still plenty of room in the pits and the event got over by 11:00 pm so I would think they would have enough room for 1 more class. It might work out well for some of the faster slant cars as they could enter another class besides ours and have a chance to make extra $$.

That's the only event at I-57 that i see would be a good fit. it's only 1 day(Saturday 1/8 mile) of racing but you could come in the day before and go to the test-n-tune night and then check out the Street Machines show the next day. Or maybe we could work something out with them to start earlier in the day so we get done sooner.

Anyway, anything's possible. I'll check with the track folks there and see what they think about it. If it's promoted a little bit we could probably pull in a dozen or so slants.

If anyone wants to check out the track, here's a link to their website: http://www.i57dragstrip.com/index.html

Dart270
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Post subject: (Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:32 am) Reply with quote

Joel,

A Midwest race would hopefully draw a different crowd than the "far East" races. We should try to gauge interest on this site, and maybe Team Green has a sense for who else would make an IL race? Mike Evans would be another good person to contact.

Keep thinkin...

Lou

slantzilla

Post subject: (Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:13 pm) Reply with quote

Since my new job has a better vacation policy than my old one, I should be able to get to this next year.

IF I have a running Slant car by then. Shocked

Greg Ondayko
Supercharged

Post subject: (Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:58 pm) Reply with quote

slantzilla wrote:
Since my new job has a better vacation policy than my old one, I should be able to get to this next year.

IF I have a running Slant car by then. Shocked

Just steal the piggie back from wv on your way.....

Come out anyway.... it would be great to hang with you again slantzilla!

Greg

slantzilla

Post subject: (Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:09 pm) Reply with quote

Greg Ondayko wrote:
Just steal the piggie back from wv on your way.....

Why? Then I would just have another non running Slant car. Confused Shocked Laughing

69val6
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Post subject: (Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:01 pm) Reply with quote

Well, it looks like I'm going to have to put this idea on hold indefinitely. I found out they're eliminating my job where I work so I'm not really sure what I'll be doing next year. I may pick this back up when I find out something definite.

For those of you who may be worried, I have options to stay there. There are other jobs I can take there but I don't know what my days off would be. I won't know for sure until sometime in December. I can also look for another job externally. If I did that I would lose all my vacation time I have accumulated over the years. If I left I would definitely not have any extra days off. In two years I'll get another week off if I stay. Vacation days are nice to have.

The best option I have where I'm at is to apply for an Industrial Electrican job. It actually pays about $4 more per hour than I make now, but is a non-supervisor postion. After working as a salaried supervisor for the last 13 years and averaging about 50 hours per week, getting paid hourly sounds pretty good to me. The open job has some odd hours but I think it will actually work out pretty well for me. How does 4:00 pm to 4:00 am Saturday, Sunday and Monday sound? It's only 36 hours per week but it pays the same as 40 hours because I get overtime every day. With 4 days off per week, I can have a pretty good side business going. I was thinking of starting a small machine shop. There are no automotive machine shops within 50 miles of my house currently. We have lots of farmers around here along with people who drive older cars. There's some good possibilities....I'll fill you in when I find out more.

Dart270

Post subject: (Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:34 am) Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about the job SNAFU, Joel. Best of luck sorting that out...

Lou

slantzilla

Post subject: (Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:07 am) Reply with quote

Hmmmm, 36 and paid 40 with 4 days off? That sounds wonderful! Good luck in whatever direction you go Joel. Very Happy

Select message display options:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Slant Six Forum, Forum Index -> Event Calendar All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: