Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:10 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:14 am 
There is going to be a three day race in Redding, Calif from April8-9-10, 2005. This will culminate the annual "Cool April Night" event that Redding holds every year. Swap meets, car shows, friday night cruise, sock-hocks, and three day drags. The Inliners', slant6 and flathead groups will have their own separate staging lanes so there should be lots of cars from the West Coast so we are hoping to have a good showing of slant6 cars from our club. Mike Jeffery's is coming all the way from Nebraska bringing his fast "Buzzin' Half Dozen" car. We are trying to make this a annual West Coast event so please try to support this event with your attendance and race cars. Doug will have further information on this event and there will be information on it in both the Slant Six newsletter and 12-Port Inliners club magazine. I can also help with any questions about this event. Make your reservations early..Wayne Erickson in Chico

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:30 am 
Guru

Car Model: Many Darts and a Dacuda
We added this information to the SSRN 2005 schedule, although the Redding race will not count for SSRN points.

This race is the weekend after the Las Vegas - Mopars at the Strip event (points race) so if you are out East and ever thought about coming West to do some racing and see the sites, this would be a great way to do it.

See the links on the 2005 racing schedule for additional event links and info.
http://www.slantsix.org/racing/2003/2005schedule.htm

We have a number of racers out here in California and a few are will to "host" long haul / out of town racers if you get out this way. Hay, we would love to see you and it would be great to show all those "Brand X" inline racers how a Slanted inline engine runs! :twisted:

Drop me a PM or email if you need more info. on a California SL6 racing vacation. :D :shock: 8)
DD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:19 am 
Right on! Im just outside of Red Bluff so I'll have to have my Demon done by then.Thanks for the info!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:34 am 
Just heard that another really fast (11second) injected slant6 from Washington along with another racer are hopeing to make the Redding drags in April. Glenn Terry , a longtime local racer, has his car ready for both the Vegas and Redding meets. 'Skidder Driver' will hopefully have his duster ready also. We have a full four months still before the event so no excuse not to have your car finished in time for both Vegas and Redding. If Skidder Driver reads this , could you email me @ waynee@dcsi.net. I live very near you and would love to talk slant6 racing. Wayne in Chico

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:29 am 
Boy, the upcoming race in Redding, Ca. on April 8-10 is sure bringing a lot of support. Lots of "ole timers", updated cars, and many new slant6/inliner cars are making their hotel reservations EARLY...The "Cool April Nights" is a whole week of car shows, swap meets, cruisin', ending with Friday (8th) Test/Tune and Sat/Sun drags. The town of Redding really supports all of their events so the rooms fill up fast. I called several Motels and the best deal is the Motel 6 Chain. They have (3) Motels..1 located, North, one Central and one South(which is nearest to the race track. All three have great rates of just $69.95/75.99. There toll free number is (800) 466-8356. If you want a slightly larger room, then try the Ramada (530) 246-222 and ask for their AAA or other discounted rates. PLEASE BOOK YOUR ROOMS SOON...Lots to do for the family as the new "Turtle Bay Park"is now open and for shopping, the factory outlet stores just a few minutes away. PLEASE BOOK YOUR ROOMS ASAP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:59 am 
Guru

Car Model: Many Darts and a Dacuda
Thanks Wayne,
I have booked my room at the Motel 6 South so I am all set.
If anyone out there want to do bothe Las Vegas and the Redding event let me know so we can coordinate. (I plan to run at both events)
DD

Post subject: Redding/Las Vegas races
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:33 am 
Hi Doug: There are two of us from Chico that will also be going to Las Vegas and then to the Redding, Ca races.It will be good to have a closer West Coast event that will be held annually right after Las Vegas. Glad you got your rooms as they fill up fast with the "Cool April Nights" car show /cruise they have at the same time. I have heard from many Oregon/Washington racers that are planning to attend. I hope many from the slant6 club will also support this event. I think there are many slant6 members that have cars that could participate in one or both events. With the 3 month lead-in, there should not be any excuses not to show up. Wayne in Chico