Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:43 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:01 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
I just received my 390 cfm Holley and was looking at the bolt-up to an Offenhauser manifold. The holes in the Offy are much larger than the barrels on the carburetor. Do I need a carb spacer? Also I noticed that the gasket supplied is for an open plenum and would put an air gap between the two sets of "holes". What is the fix for this or is a fix necessary? Do the primaries go toward the front of the engine?

Another issue is the linkage. My truck has accelerator linkage that is like a bicycle cable. How do you hook this up to the Holley/ Offy? Is there a Holly or Offy parts kit to do this?

Does the electric choke hook up to the old heat stove wire?

I really new to this, I would appreciate some advice/guidance.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:25 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Quote:
I just received my 390 cfm Holley and was looking at the bolt-up to an Offenhauser manifold. The holes in the Offy are much larger than the barrels on the carburetor. Do I need a carb spacer? Also I noticed that the gasket supplied is for an open plenum and would put an air gap between the two sets of "holes". What is the fix for this or is a fix necessary? Do the primaries go toward the front of the engine?

Just do a search on the board and make a desicion on the facing. You can buy a carb gasket that has the "holes" instead of the open plenum (and they do make some pretty thick ones...).

Quote:
Another issue is the linkage. My truck has accelerator linkage that is like a bicycle cable. How do you hook this up to the Holley/ Offy? Is there a Holly or Offy parts kit to do this?

When I did my Hpak conversion, I ended up having to use the throttle 'stud' off of a Carter BBD, or a Carter TQ to fit the Mopar throttle cable properly (you may also wish to make a bracket and fit up a longer cable from a 90's EFI car for easier/more flexible fitting if needed).

Quote:
Does the electric choke hook up to the old heat stove wire

The wire that goes to the old choke pull off will work fine, but you may have to extend it a bit to reach the electric choke on the carb...

good luck,

-D.Idiot

[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:45 am 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
As to the stud, Edelbrock p/n 8007 works great... don't remember the price but I think it is ~$10.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:21 pm 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
I got a standard holley riser form kragen or somewhere as the offfy addaptor plate bent when I torqued it up. (I was using too amny gaskets) . hte riser plate made a big difference in installation. better

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:23 pm 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
oh, and it came with bolts too.