Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:25 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 520 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:22 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
Do you have a wide band o2? Guys are making way more power on turbo mustangs with way less jet. I know they do not like demon carbs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:51 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
No sensor yet. Why do they not like Demons? We've had 3 new ones before this one on other Mopars and really like them. This is the first blow through for us.I'm just now re-jetting down, regapping the plugs and changing the hat lines. I'll have to weld in the slots in the dist to lower the timing. It doesn't seem to run good with initial to low.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:49 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
I have 32 squirters in the front and 37's in the back. All of my timing is in pretty fast. I want to say by 2300 rpm. Total is at 19*. I don't know where idle is....I still have the vac advance hooked up for MPG. Get that wide band. It's one of the best tuning tools I've ever had. I think it is just the blow thrus they don't like. Lots of Holleys and CSU. You might watch your intercooler for heat soak too. I know you have the scoop and that will help. Is the av gas still 100 octane low lead?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:40 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
I believe AV gas here is guaranteed 102 and it is low lead. Is there a Wide Band out there that is low lead capable? What kind do you have (manufacture)?The one on my Charger is not compatible. It's an Edelbrock unit. I was going to put a little scoop on the intercooler to direct more air into it. Also maybe a small 10" fan below to help. Do you run an Intercooler?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:50 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Say Shaker,
How do you boost reference the Power Valve? I changed jets tonight, went down to 72/80 like the carb came with. Plugs gapped to .025 and tapped teh regulator, BOV and waste gate to the bonnet and still no better. If anything, it got worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:36 am 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
Turbo66, My regulator & powervalve pick up their signal from the bonnet. My BOV picks up a signal from the intake manifold and compressor side of the turbo (it is a push/pull style). For my wastegate, I have an adjustable boost controller from RJC that picks up its signal from the compressor side of the turbo.

To boost reference the PV you have to find a spot on the carb's main body to drill through to the hollow area that is behind the powervalve. This area is then inturn pressurized to make the PV work backwards. The PV then must be modified to work backwards. The spring must be removed and used again in a way to hold the PV open rather than closed. I'm doing a poor job explaining but if you search BRPV in turbo mustangs you can find pics. Guys have done it many different ways. I'm very happy with mine since it richened up my part throttle by 3 points of AFR. No change on WOT but that was always fine.

For wide bands, there are none that are lead compatible. The sensor will die early. I use an AEM. It is a good unit with no bells and whistles. A lot of guys use the Innovative. It has more functions including logging capabilities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:33 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Well, thanks for all the help. I'll keep you guys posted on how it runs. I took it out tonight and after recurving the dist, the bottom end improved very well. I pulled the timing down to 21* total and 16* initial. Got the tach working and wide open throttle is better. I can only get 5,000 rpm out of it. Gears are coming out. Only running 15psi as of right now. I'll have to get a wide Band O2 but I checked the prices and it might have to wait for a bit. Later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:50 am 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
With the stock cam, mine is done at 4500 rpm. Thats my shift point. It is about 200 rpm above peak HP/TQ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:47 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
my plain jane super six 225 is gettin about 20" of vac at idle...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:53 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Well, It runs really strong on the primary side with a 2.5 power valve and a 75 jet. There is nothing on the secondary side when hooked up. Makes it completely lean. It starts bogging when it is cracked open just a bit. When I disconnect the secondary theres no problems. I'm thinking it is a problem with the metering block itself. I will try one from another Demon tomorrow but its from an 850. It's currently running 17 PSI boost with about 25-26 psi fuel pressure. I may just have to go racing with just half my carb. Later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:03 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Shaker,
What is your trap rpm with the 2.94's and what diameter tire you have. I have a set of 3.23 and 2.94 and not for sure which to use. I have 26x8.5 M/T's
Later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:12 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
I have 215/75/14 tires. I think they are 26.7" in diameter. I was running out of engine with the 3.23 a few hundred feet before the end of the qtr. My engine chokes and dies around 4500-4600 rpm so I switched to a 2.94 and picked up like 2+ mph in the qtr. I was able to make it to the end under full power without the engine nosing over. I never looked at the tach but assume it was close to my 4500 engine imposed redline.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:10 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
Any more updates? I know you ordered a new cam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:08 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Shaker223 wrote:
Any more updates? I know you ordered a new cam.

Well, been super busy at work. I put in the 2.94 rear with a spool. Worked with jets, squirters and bleeds and still no secondaries. I hope the cam will help. Makes good power with just primarys. BG sent out a new metering block because the original had cross threaded jets in it. Going racing this weekend so well see what it will do. Once it spools up, it pulls harder than my Charger (12.71 @ 106). I don't think I'll get to put the cam in before the weekend. I weighed the car the other day, scaled an even 2750#. I little lighter than I thought. Later Dude

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:19 am 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
Thats cool. Would be nice if it posts some sub 12.xx numbers (or better). I wish my car was that light. It's 3365# with me in it. What turbo are you using?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 520 Next