Slant Six Forum,  Forum Index
Home Slant Six Forum,  Forum Index Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search

This site is paid for by donations. Click here to help.

Clutch pack air test

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Slant Six Forum, Forum Index -> Transmission & Rearend
Select message display options:             View previous topic :: View next topic  
k12chaser
1 BBL (New)

Post subject: Clutch pack air test (Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:54 pm) Reply with quote

I have just re-assembled my 904 and pressure checked all the servos and clutch packs.

I can hear the clutch pistons engaging but I can also hear air leaking. I can hear this when I test front and rear clutch packs as well as front and rear servos. Is this normal?

I am using 30psi air pressure.

I am testing with the trans sitting upright on the bellhousing. When I apply air to the rear clutch apply case port, the whole output shaft assembly moves up by about 2-3mm.

Cheers
K12

volaredon
Turbo EFI

Post subject: (Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:20 pm) Reply with quote

sounds about right; they say to use even less PSI to air test than that; I forget the actual test PSI spec; you will see movenent in there, and if you apply TOO much PSI even a bad drum seal will appear good; on a smaller scale, kind of like the inner bead blast on a tire mount machine. You know, it ain't seated yet but all that extra "back" pressure seats it. Even with a bad seal, you apply enuf air, and youll still apply the clutch. having the trans standing up on its nose should have no bearing on air testing, vs having it laying on its back.

Select message display options:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Slant Six Forum, Forum Index -> Transmission & Rearend All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: