Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:59 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
I havent taken my system off yet. Its on the fender (top left corner of last pic) Im actually thinking of swapping my slant out right now and keeping it for a project later on down the road. My engine is a little tired and i think the carb is starting to show signs of trouble.

Post subject: lean burn
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:08 pm 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
i hear ya.
I am in the middle of the HEI conversion. Bought a new non-computer carb, got a mechanical distributor coming and bought the hei IE and coil. Am working on mounting it now. I think it will take awhile once i get it working to determine how much of the wiring etc i will remove from the lean burn system. I also have a couple of shop manuals coming to guide me in the wiring mess. I have several engines so i won't need to go engine shopping yet. The slant/6 is a great motor if you decide to change the burn out, let me know, buy then i will know if i did ok.
jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:15 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
ok thanks. Yeah my slant is a good engine i just think itd cost me more to get to remotley where i want it than it would to find another engine for now. And being a college student i dont have much. lol plus next month i have to renew my insurance.

Current truck: 98.5 Ram 2500 ccsb, sport, 24v cummins, 5spd, 4.5" lift, 35's, 5" straight pipe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:18 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Ok guys and Gals ive got lots of pictures of what ive been doing since i last posted pics.

Blacked out tails, done legally
Off
On
Close up
My computer is being verry slow right now so here is a link to my photobucket. Lots of pics of my truck and everything that i have done so far. The first page is pics that are most recent: http://s857.photobucket.com/albums/ab131/cross17/

Current truck: 98.5 Ram 2500 ccsb, sport, 24v cummins, 5spd, 4.5" lift, 35's, 5" straight pipe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:43 pm 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
lookin good bud!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:33 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Thanks man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:43 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Ok lots of stuff done. Painted cab and roof, hood, cowl vent and bed rails. Hei ignition and painted air cleaner.

Hei ignition, this is right after the conversion wires are all nice and neat now.

These are without painted hood cowl vent or bed rails.
^^I have no idea what my friend is doing. lol
^^If you look about a foot in front of the rear tire you can see my glasspack its not red anymore, more of a yellow color. lol

Painted bed rail hood and cowl vent and wiper arms

The hood looks good in the pictures but the primer was crap so it showed through my 3 coats of paint. Ill repaint the whole thing when i restore it after college. This is just rattle can flat black.

All my pictures are taken with my phone. pretty good ehh?

Thanks for lookin!
Cody

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:55 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Ok some new pictures.

Put a blue led in the tach and instrument cluster

Have my exhaust how i want it.

New wheels that will go on soon

Back up lights

New lights behind the grille. Round spotlights. Rectangular driving lights.
Yes i know they need adjustment. It isnt dark yet. Rectangle lights arent hooked up yet, needed an inline fuse, will get them wired up tomorrow.

Switches for the lights. Top is round lights. Bottom left (all red) is back up lights, bottom right is lower driving lights.

If you couldnt tell... I like lights :lol:

Oh and my air horns that im going to put on. Theyre fire truck horns :twisted:

Thanks for looking
Cody

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:16 am 
Turbo EFI

Location: Cypress, Texas, Northwest Houston. The Lone Star State
Car Model:
Nice truck! I can dig it. 8)
I like what you have done with your truck, and on a budget. I also have a flowtech glasspack, which used to be purple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:42 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Thanks! I wanted to get the purple horny but didn't have enough money on my paypal at the time, I'm actually thinking of getting a 12" cherrybomb. I've done a few more things since I last posted. When I find a 2bbl manifold and get it on I'll take more pictures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:19 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
I just ran across your post today. The truck is looking good. Obviously, lots of hard work, but it shows in your steady progress.

What did you ever finally do about mounting your front speakers? I ask because I recently added a new design to the dual-speaker brackets I make and sell. I've been making these for several years for A,B, and E-body cars, but this is my first one for trucks/Ramchargers.

Let me know if you are interested,
Jerry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:29 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Thanks Jerry. The front speakers I had by the shifter blew. They were old. Th kicker d series speakers under my seat have their own enclosed box. I just haven't gotten around to cutting holes in my doors to put them in and wire them up. I've done a few other things and added more speakers behind my seat and a surround sound sub. Sounds fairly good. I'll have to post pics soon of what all I've been doing eventhough it hasn't been much.

Cody

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:29 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Ok lots of pics and updates. Last month i took the heater box out for cleaning and A/C system off since weve only had about a handfull of days this year that i actually wanted it. I also did some rewiring, tidied up my hei, wired in my engine bay fuse box, you can find the write up of that in the electrical section. I also had a can of high temp paint so i degreased and pressure washed the engine and just threw a coat of paint on to make it look a little better. I also have a new truck box. At the beggining of the month my ignition module got fried even with my big heat sink, so i installed the cooling fan that had been on the heat sink, which is out of an old computer, wired in a 3 amp mini fuse that is wired to the positive on the red alernator wire and it works great and havent had any problems since
Now for the pics :lol:

taking out the heater box
cleaning it out

Engine painted without A/C
If you look closesly to my heat sink you can see the black fan under it.

Fuse box

Truck box i got for free

And how about a little old truck flex. For somereason my phone was taking bad pics that day

Thanks for looking
Cody

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:30 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Havent updated in awhile. since my last update i have replaced the intake and exhaust manifold gaskets, wired my hei into the power distribution box with a switch on the dash to turn power to the coil on and off. While the intake and exhaust manifolds were off i scrubbed them good and repainted them permanantly, I also scrubbed and painted the drivers side of the block hemi orange to brighten up the engine bay a little :) Enjoy

Bock after manifolds were taken off.
Manifolds, my exhaust has some cracks in it.
Test fit of my 2bbl manifold im making.

Block and thermostat housing painted

Manifolds painted

Also added an underhood light

Engine back together

Thanks for looking!
Cody

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:31 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Wow havent updated in awhile, here are some pics:D

Had to replace the pivot for my clutch fork because it snapped in half so i painted bell housing and tranny

New 2.5" exhaust with cut out

Put my 2 firetruck air horns on finally

Here is a vid from in the cab first blast is with window up, last three are with window down
http://s857.photobucket.com/albums/ab13 ... 173524.mp4