Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:14 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Newbie
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:35 pm 
1 BBL (New)

Car Model:
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum. I saw an advertisement for this site on a Dart at Carlisle last weekend. Looked like a great place to get some help.
I recently picked up a '67 Dart 270 with the Charger 225. I have a couple other Darts ('67 GT 273 and '74 Sport 340). This guy I know knew I had the GT and told me he had this Dart I could have parts off of. He has a few MoPars and this Dart sat a while and he knew he wouldn't get to it. He told me I could take parts off of it and he was going to scrap the rest. After seeing the car, I told him I'll just take the whole car. He said that was fine, I just had to haul it away.
I'm planning on making this car my daily driver. I've given it a tune up and I'm close to starting it up. Obviously I'm going to replace suspension, brakes and a few other things to make it safe, reliable and roadworthy.
I've browsed a few post on here. I'm amazed at all the things that can be done to these engines. Eventually I would like to do a rebuild to get a little more power, but still retain some of that MPG.
I'm looking forward to chatting with you guys one here and eventually getting to meet some of you in person. Maybe I'll even have to let the other Darts sit home next year and bring the 270 to Carlisle.

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:55 pm 
Site Admin

Car Model: 2023 Eichman Digger?
Welcome! :D

Sounds like a fun car! Now you can race the SSRN, and come up with great ideas on how to make your slant just a tad faster! :wink:

The journey from 21 seconds to 14 was a world of fun for me. Now I'm looking at transitioning to something a bit faster. Still with a slant of course! :twisted: :lol:

CJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:25 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Welcome as well, I'm on the journey from a 19.90 1/4 mile car to hopeful 12 second car! It's a big jump, but with the help from the site it should be happening for the 2014 racing season!