Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:15 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 1:06 pm 
Things are progressing with the new slantsix.org message board.

We are still asking for donations to help pay for all the change-over costs. ( sorry to say that it's not free)
Anyone who sends Chuck a donation before we "go public" with the new format will be given special status on the new board.

We are also looking for forum moderators and "testers" so let us know if you have interest in that.
DD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 3:44 pm 
(User Above) wrote:
: Things are progressing with the new
: slantsix.org message board.
:
: We are still asking for donations to help pay
: for all the change-over costs. ( sorry to
: say that it's not free)

Ok, Ok, Ok...

You've shamed me into it! I just cut a check and will drop it into the mail this evening. My computer took a big dump and I just got back on line with a borrowed CPU while mine's in the shop (whew!---barely still on mfg. warranty)...so I just caught up on all the "solicitation of funds" posts posted over the last few weeks.

I should've done this earlier, as I was one of the whiners complaining about the forum's sluggish performance awhile back. I come here and /6.com almost daily and have learned alot both places. Another big thanks to Chuck, Doc and all who make this place happen...c'mon the rest of you SLACKERS (you know who you are)---PONY UP!
:
: Anyone who sends Chuck a donation before we
: "go public" with the new format
: will be given special status on the new
: board.

Now that I'm contributing some scratch, would it be too much to ask that my "special status" be appointment to some honorary office in the organization? Something modest like, "Sultan of Slantedness", perhaps? "Emperor of Inclination"? "Admiral A-Body"? No? DAMN!---KNEW I shoulda written a bigger check!

Thanks again for all your hard work, inspiration, innovation and willingness to share your long years of experience wrenching slants!

---Red

Post subject: - Update
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 10:29 pm 
You've got my 5 bucks :) It's not much but I'm sure every little bit helps. I can't wait for the new changes

Brett Johnson

leaningtowerofpower@yahoo.com

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]