Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:54 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 25 26 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:06 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model: 68 Valiant
Ceej wrote:
I'm just marveling that you still have knee caps, coming that close to Chicago...... I'd have snuffed ya! :lol:

CJ

It was touch and go for a while. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:21 am 
Poser

Car Model:
Big D knew what he was doing. The constant playing of classic country music still has me waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat.

I also know that the Pizza bill at Monicals will forever be mine! Dennis is a great guy. He still continues to help me and give me advice even though my skull can be quite thick at times.

Hey Dennis why don't ya let me help with some spring cleaning at the skunk works? :idea: Little paint - cut down those Mulberry trees that have popped up? I could even bring Mater. He could sew ya some curtains for the side window - I hear he is a great interior decorator! :P

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:07 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model: More cars than sense...
DadTruck wrote:
Saturday, Nov 26, 2011,, Day 1 of the wvenable slant six race car..

here is a link to photographic evidence of the days events. Certainly one of the great day's in motor-sports....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13718356@N ... 167490965/

* the first shots are,, transporting the powerplant, chosen from the vast array of slant six motors available at the Venable villa.
** included is a photo of one of the modern transportation conveyances encountered on the route to the Slantzilla skunkworks factory
*** the remaining photos show the highly skilled team, working with great vigor,,to bring the dream to fruition
**** the last photo is dedicated by wv to rs

regards
DT

Hey Cookie!

Is the Piggie still up on jack stands in Jill's garage..? :roll:

It's time fer that looong,... cooold,... boooring winter again... :(

Let's start trash talkin' again, okey dokey? I need some "Slant 6 distraction from reality"! :lol:

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:06 pm 
Poser

Car Model:
Shut it Mater! Don't say anything about the garage. The only reason it's HER garage is that she is driving the new car.

Next to the garage is what she calls our little piece of West Virginia. Parts,scrap metal yada yada. She is very pleased with moi!

4sp and blow proof bell at A & A - should start the rebuild before Christmas. How is that little white car (with the girlie roll bar) a comin'?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:58 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

wvenable wrote:
Shut it Mater! Don't say anything about the garage. The only reason it's HER garage is that she is driving the new car.

No no no! She's the ONLY one that even HAS a running car! :shock: :lol:

wvenable wrote:
Next to the garage is what she calls our little piece of West Virginia. Parts,scrap metal yada yada. She is very pleased with moi!

Yeah,... I got mine own garage on a third of an acre about 5 miles from the house fer my littl piece of West Virginia. :wink: She still ain't happy 'bout that neither! :lol:

wvenable wrote:
4sp and blow proof bell at A & A - should start the rebuild before Christmas. How is that little white car (with the girlie roll bar) a comin'?

Sounds like at least a little bit of progress! :D You just need ta keep on Rick ta git that thang rebuilt! :wink:
(The way I hear it, you ain't got a real good track record of havin' friends work on schtuff... :shock: It takes 'em ferever ta Gir R Dun! :lol: )

Yeah, yeah... I know! At least you GOT friends! :roll:

I actually looked at the Challenger the other day! :D I even pulled out the oil pan and thought about tryin' to weld that little tab back in there fer the home-made windage tray thingy... But then I figgered I'd better practice a bit more b'fore I try weldin' sumthin' important like that. :oops:

I still ain't got that propane shop heater I said I wuz gonna git 'bout this time LAST year neither. :roll:

My garage is all cluttered up agin' too. :x It's got all that schtuff left over from workin' on that house in Jawja... And then sum dern fool went an' put another dang Duster in there! :shock: The Idgit's got sumthin' like five of 'em now... :roll:

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:50 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Hey Cookie,

Sorry that tranny I thought I had fer ya turned out to be about a gear shy... :oops:

Reminds me of a story though... :lol:

Me & my friend Bill wuz sittin' out in the Yellow Front parkin' lot waitin' fer Tom ta git done buyin' sumthin' er other...

Bill had a Mazda GLC (You can Google it fer yerself :P )...

Anyways,... Bill had this thing goin' with this girl what drove a 280Z... Not THAT kinda thing! Git'cher mind outta the gutter! Yeesh! :roll:

Anywho,... She would always pull away from him on the top end when they'd race out toward the fairgrounds...

Back to the parkin' lot story... Bill wuz playin' around and runnin' through the gears as we wuz sittin' there... He had one of them after market 8 ball shifter nobs...

Come ta find out, that little Mazda had a 5 speed and he had been thinkin' it wuz a 4 speed all this time! :lol: :lol:

When Tom came outta Yellow Front we went lookin' fer that girl in the 280Z. :wink:

I hope you can git the Piggie runnin' with that "row yer own" tranny come Spring time.

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:42 am 
Poser

Car Model:
Dats ok Mater. I've always figgered you to be a brick shy of a load. Maybe I should say a gear shy of a four speed! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:19 am 

Anybody with a GLC was a sammich short of a picnic basket too. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:00 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

The GLC was actually an upgrade from the baby blue Pinto wagon he had... :lol:

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:36 am 

That sir, is debatable. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:44 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

The GLC was a lot faster, but the Pinto was a better "Party Wagon". :wink:

It was fun to fold the rear seat down and lay in the back while Bill did donuts out in the desert. :lol:

There was a spot on the front fender with no paint... (Who knew that Everclear made such a great paint remover!? :shock: :lol: )

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:07 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Hey Cookie!! :D

It's Spring Time!!!

Go git'cher rear end out to Jill's garage and git sumthin' runnin'!!

I wanna go racin' with ya!! :D

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:22 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Hey Cookie!!! :lol:

Look at that other post up there... The one right above this one that I posted over a month ago...

Still waiting on you Cookie... :roll:

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:05 pm 
Site Admin

Car Model: 2023 Eichman Digger?
OK, you need professional help. Let's see, who's a professional.... Wow! Zilla, 'Mater, Dadtruck, all of those guys! Lou is an actual professional. All book learned and stuff. He's from academia; playing with the plasticity of polymers and such, so should like hippies with racing ambitions! Your like a pliable squeak toy!

Even if you have to slap some junk yard parts in there, get that thing to the track before you languish in embarrassment! :lol:

I don't care if it takes you 25 seconds to split the beams! Probably snuff my dismal package!

Watched Andrew do it with a junkyard motor running on 5 cylinders in 16!
But he's a special case. He shows up whether the car is ready or not! And it stole the show! I think he'd race a slant powered airport tug given the chance! :D

Get your butt out there! Loose with dignity like I did! I've done 2000 mile round trips to be first round fodder! The new profile Rob came up with might not take into account, my first time to visit a drag strip was a slant six race. I'd never set foot on the premises of a drag strip before I entered an SSRN event! :lol:

Your going to love it! Get your butt to the races! :D :D :D

CJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:14 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Thanks CJ! :D

Cookie needs all the encouragement he can get. :wink:

C'mon Cookie... We're all pullin' fer ya! :D

And I'm reeeaaaal anxious ta put a WHOOPIN' on ya!! :twisted:

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 25 26 Next