Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:31 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Aussie Speed Parts Good or Just Par
Good 78%  78%  [ 7 ]
Decent 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
Total votes: 9
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:50 am 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
Has anyone on here ran any of Aussie Speed Parts? I found their website from this one and they appear to have a lot of quality parts for the slant 6, but wanted to ask you guys what you think of their products.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:17 pm 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
I would be interested to know as well, there reputation does seem to be very good quality. they seem to know there stuff. I personally have not bought or used there products but they have a very nice intake i might be getting if i get the cash together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:08 pm 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
They are very well made and designed. You have to do a little fiddling/grinding to get the intakes to fit with your exh manifold or header, but no biggie. Lots of meat there. The long runner intake I used had amazing low and midrange response and power, but fell off a bit up high (above 5300 RPM). Most engines will not make power up there anyway. I am about to try one of their short runner intakes.

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:12 am 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
Dart270 wrote:
They are very well made and designed. You have to do a little fiddling/grinding to get the intakes to fit with your exh manifold or header, but no biggie. Lots of meat there. The long runner intake I used had amazing low and midrange response and power, but fell off a bit up high (above 5300 RPM). Most engines will not make power up there anyway. I am about to try one of their short runner intakes.

Lou

would you be getting rid of the long runner intake? if so I might be interested if the price is right. as most kids my age im on a budget haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:45 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
Nope, no plans to sell it. Works well, but not best for that high RPM motor.

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:31 am 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
alright, had to ask, from what i can see there are no US dealers, did you buy direct from them or is there a company that distributes them?

I think im going to order from them just in case i need to return it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:36 am 
Turbo EFI

Car Model: 64 Valiant
They cost waaaaay too much to buy direct, then you have to pay for international shipping which is well over $100 more bucks by itself. There are several USA distributors that will sell there products much cheaper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:45 pm 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model: 65 Valiant 2Dr Post
Currently there are no US distributors that are stocking parts here. I believe their parts are high quality, but shipping is costly on single items. If you are considering buying something, please drop Mark an E-mail and tell him what you are looking for. He is currently getting a container together to ship some stuff over to the USA by ship. It can then be kept here in the warehouse and sent out when needed. By shipping a bulk order it may save everyone on some shipping costs.

Rick Covalt

PS. That came straight from the horses mouth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:46 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model:
what is killing Aussie Speed parts in the US is the exchange rate

when I bought my long runner intake in 2008 the US dollar was .70 to the AU dollar,, so if buying with US dollars , parts from Austrialia were 30% off the AU list price. Basically it was costing me $70.00 US dollars to buy 100.00 worth of AussieSpeed parts
The 30% exchange rate discount evened out the shipping and then some.

currently the US dollar is around 1.04 to the AU dollar,, so in effect, now you pay a 4% premium over the AussieSpeed list price. So now it costs 104.00 US dollars to buy 100.00 dollars worth of AussieSpeed parts.

and plus the shipping previously mentioned, knocked them out of the market...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:14 pm 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
I would have to agree that there are other options other then aussie but they to seem to have a very big corner market for slant 6 and straight six aftermarket performance parts. I think i can safely say I can build up a v8 for half the cost of a slant six and get more from it.

with that said, when was the last time you could say my slant 6 kicked that dodge vipers butt on the track haha!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:29 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
Last year in Vegas. :lol: Guzzi Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:58 am 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model: 65 Valiant 2Dr Post
Quote:
Last year in Vegas. Laughing Guzzi Mark

Got to love that! Way to go Mark! :lol: :lol:

The truth is people will walk by a row of Vipers to look at a Slant 6 race car. I've seen it personally. In the tech line at Mason Dixon, 2 guys walked straight by Hemi cars and barely gave them a look, but stopped to drool over Ron Hamby's Slant 6 car!

Gotta love it! :lol: We are different, and that is good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:17 am 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
I would have to agree with that! different is good, I own another creation and no matter where i go i always get what is that :D its one of a kind, granted it had a v8 but still its the body and frame that gets everyone 1979 nova front sub frame on a 1982 mercury capri body tubbed in the rear end for the big 10 bolt possi rear end. pushing 400hp its straight pipe off headers true dual exhast just turbo mufflers, there is nothing stock on it haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:23 am 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Hi Every one, thanks DadTruck for explaining what has happened as far as prices go, due to the dollar plus there have been big changes to all the laws regarding foundries here in Australia it is getting even harder to find foundries to do the casting work for us. every thing has gone up labor, raw materials, taxes, shipping you name it.For as long as i own the Aussiespeed brand i will try to continue to make it here in Australia, to ship 1 intake cost us about $130 to $140 AU, crazy thing is we can ship a cubic meter box for around $500.00 & you can fit a lot of stuff in a box that size.. we hope some day to find someone who will stock our products in the USA as we do more than just Slant 6 speed parts. by doing this it would help to get all the costs down as we want to expand our range even more. I know that Rick, Lou & Charlie all want, need or we owe stuff shipped & i would even consider sending 1 shipping box if any one was interested in a group buy as i have other customers that want inline ford, the v6 chevy guys want our valve covers, the kart guys want our intakes & dress up stuff, Pantera guys want or intakes as well..
regards Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:16 am 
Turbo EFI

Car Model: 64 Valiant
Mark, I sent you a PM regarding dealer pricing and stocking your products here in the USA over a month ago....never heard back from you!