Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:09 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: EDIS install
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:50 pm 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
Hey guys,

This is a continuation of a previous thread http://www.slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic ... 266#368266

I recently came back down from school connected up the megajolt software. Seems to be connecting properly now that I have all the correct adapters. I will soon be needing to tune it to the correct ignition map, but I have to figure out electric fan placement first.

Could anyone recommend a timing map to run?

I'm running:

268 clifford cam kit
weisco forged pistons 10.5:1 Wiseco pt112h84

Powerjection III fuel system
EDIS ignition

Here is some completed pics (Surface rust because I had to rush back to school :oops: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:28 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
This is the spark map I ran last summer, It's for a boosted motor and is conservative, may be a good place to start if you eliminate the top 4 lines for boost and rearange the % on the left column. I know the cruise section is very consevative it runs 40-44 deg. at cruise should be able to run 50+. My engines DCR is around 8.0 runs good, don't here any spark knock, bumping up timing at cruise should give better MPG, click on pic to enlarge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:37 pm 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
Thanks for the suggestion. It definitely helps to have something to look at. I will posting back when I get a chance to try something. Will be at school this week but hopefully can make it back this weekend after my interview :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:41 pm 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
Hey Supercharged SL6 I remember your build haha Your mounting pictures were pretty helpful. I like the way yours turned out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:08 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
I'd be happy to give you my map... but my engine is propane, and my timing map is way, WAY different.

It's closer to his "full boost" end. My full load advance at 3100 is 23 degrees, and I'm not sure it's not too much. But propane needs a lot less full load advance.

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:38 pm 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
Hey guys.

I had a chance to work on the car for a couple of days after graduation. After remounting up the radiator with a electric fan I started to attempt to set the timing map.

One issue I was running into was the RPMs on the tach and the Megajolt readout didn't match up, example: the Megajolt would read 2700rpm and the tach would read around 1500rpm. I could easily tell that the Megajolt readout was incorrect because the motor definitively wasn't running 2700rpm but the strange thing is that the signal for the tach comes from a Megajolt output wire. I meant to take some time this weekend to troubleshoot the system but I had to drive back for work.

If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:22 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Do you have the proper number of cylinders selected in the megajolt software?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:07 pm 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
Funny you ask because I checked that a couple times haha but yes.

Post subject: Horray
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:50 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
Hi again I resolved the issue and here is a video of its start up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHFyjEBI ... e=youtu.be

Hope everyone had or is having a nice memorial day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:02 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Cool beans. What was the issue?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:41 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
I was looking at a diagram for the coil block labeled from right to left 1-2-3 and I assumed coil 1 = coil A...well it was not the case. The true configuration is from left to right coils A-B-C and it always fires ACB. So basically I had two pairs switched :oops: . But it seems to run nice now so I'm just finishing off the wiring and trying to figure out what to do with my fuel system.

We had multiple ideas about what to do with it over the past six months so I have welded a sump and installed the fuel pump right behind it (seen in the video). This was done because of so much cavitation encountered during turns. What I'm planning on doing however is using a swirl pot surge tank which would be fed by another type pump and then exit gravity feeding to my current pump.

If anyone has any ideas about a nice simple way to setup a system which doesn't encounter pump cavitation during hard turns that would be awesome. I really would like a tank with a pump inside but that seems really expensive to buy one pre-done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:59 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Congratulations. I hope to follow in your footsteps one day.
Sam

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:37 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
Hello,

No real progress on the EDIS build but I managed to get a product engineer job about a month ago so I can now actually afford things. Plans are changing a little bit where now I bought a 2013 RT Challenger for a daily driver so I think I will plan to use the Duster as a track car now.

Really looking forward to getting some work done on this thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:43 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model: 1965 Barracuda 'S' auto
That wheel is a monster! Ideally your tooth width should be as wide as your pickup, ie in your Ford EDIS pickup case, about .250. but if it runs, no prob. Im trying to make some teeth on the rear lip of my balancer, well see how it comes out.

Post subject: Back to work
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:46 pm 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
Been awhile but I have my own little setup at my new place to work on the car. 1 car garage at an apartment (pulling electric from the garage door outlet :P ) Have been able to get the wiring half ways decent for the ignition. Finally got the car to idle correctly... turned out the issue was coming from the Powerjection module. I "glitch" was causing the injector pulse width to shorten dramatically on start up. I re-loaded the stock file, made some adjustments, and now it runs well enough on idle.

Only real issue right now is the seal on my fuel tank sending decided to start leaking =/ . The lock ring is difficult enough to install when the tank is out and completely impossible to put back into place while it is leaking fuel on you.

Really considering buying a new fuel tank anyways which already has a built in fuel pump. I know of two places currently that I can order one.

But other than that, I'm just plugging away.

The Duster, Challenger, and my friends Vette at the new place.