Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:46 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Bolt on EFI
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:56 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Well, my Powerjection 3 kit seems to be working. I bolted it on in late July and it is now May? Not exactly the the morning install and cruise the same afternoon as it has been advertized...

After my expensive, frustrating and time consuming mistakes, this is my lessons learned;

1. Absolutely never use the return-less fuel system with this kit.

2.Upgrade the charging system, 120 amp dual field alternator, clean up my connections, and there is no such thing as too much grounding. The computer is touchy and does not respond well to inconsistent and or low voltage

3. The self learning will not initially work with our motor. None of the pre set installation values are close enough. Once we dialed in the fuel map I was able to to turn on the adaptive learning. We'll soon find out how it goes.

4. Spend more time on line researching the product. I did research the Powerjection and found overwhelming positive feedback. I did not research the Fuel on Demand or the fuel pump. They had overwhelmingly negative reviews. Paper weight and junk were common words.

I am still glad to have done the install. This system is supposed to run well under boost and the final phase of this build will be the turbo install.

Knowing what I know now this is about a 5 day project, if I did everything right the first time, such as return lines and electrical upgrades and not purchasing features that don't work and spending months debugging them.

By the way the throttle body was advertised as 750 cfm, but it is actually 900+cfm, and surprisingly it idles beautifully even cold. Wow, computers?

Thank to the forum for all the support. I have spent many hours scouring this site, and I'm sure that there is a lot of plagiarism in this project...

Thanks all!

Barnaby

Post subject: pro jection
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:51 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Thanks for the info. What kit did you go with? Please let us know how it works out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:59 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
I ordered the Powerjection 3 returnless EFI by Professional Products. Returnless does not work so I'd just order the base kit.

B

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:57 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
Lesson learned for Slant Sixes: NOTHING is bolt on. Once you accept that, you can make progress.

I am a Slant Sixer largely for this reason, that everything is "roll your own." I don't need to compete with Summit Racing or Airflow Research or whoever...

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:17 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Dart270 wrote:
Lesson learned for Slant Sixes: NOTHING is bolt on. Once you accept that, you can make progress.

I am a Slant Sixer largely for this reason, that everything is "roll your own." I don't need to compete with Summit Racing or Airflow Research or whoever...

Lou

I second, thrid, and fourth late, ROLL YOUR OWN!!!!! My build is and was a true test in skill and patients there's times where I just have to walk way for a couple weeks which I'm just getting out of one of them states.
But all in all I love the challenge kind why I learned how to play golf.
Aaron

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/sho ... p?t=126611