Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:44 pm 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
So I'm in new to the site but have been looking around as a none member for some time so here goes ... I'm making an m90 supercharger efi intake and have it almost to the point of welding in the bungs however with the supercharger base in place I can only put a them in 90 degrees from the runners because there isn't room to rakethem back so I did some research and seen in one forum about placing the injectors to squirt against the incoming air and the person said it was like if you were to pee into the wind the fuel would adamise better than just hitting the runner floor and puddling just wanted some others opinions and how worried should I be about the bung angle? Thanx for everyone's time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:08 am 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Ive read the same, but never really seen anybody incorporate it. I'd say try it, as an experiment, but if the intake is fairly difficult to fab, it would be very inconvenient to have to do it all over...

I'm very interested though, can't wait to see what you do either way!

P.s., on your sig, I can relate so much! And I was gonna get plates for my Dart that said 'NOT AV8' lol :P

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:07 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Just curious, since the Aussie intake was a little longer to accomodate the bungs and supercharger, is there a limit on why your runners can't be longer (are you using a clifford or offy to modify for this, or are you fabricating your own intake and the engine bay is limiting your runner length?)

-D.Idiot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:43 pm 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
Well I'm building one from scratch and to make it fit inside the frame rails and look decent the runners are limmited to about 6 inch runners and they are a strate shot into the plenum if I can figure out how to post a pic I will so I can get your guys opinion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:28 pm 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:25 pm 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
Well I'm building one from scratch and to make it fit inside the frame rails and look decent the runners are limmited to about 6 inch runners and they are a strate shot into the plenum if I can figure out how to post a pic I will so I can get your guys opinion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:50 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
It looks like you are using a GM M90.

I have prototyped a couple of manifolds out of wood for the GM M90. I have come close to finishing an aluminum one. The shortest runners you can use is 5". The longest you can run is 7". At that length the throttle body is right next to the brake cylinder in a '65 Dart. There is more room in a '73 Duster, but I decided to use a turbo instead. In either case you need to run the injectors at 90*.

For pulleys, the lower pulley from a 3.8 Ford V6 in an Areostar will work.For the water pump pulley, one from a 3.0 Ford V6 will work, use the steel one, they do come in plastic. This needs a 1/4" spacer to line up with the bottom pulley. Both pulleys need the bolt holes modified to line up. I also figured out a plate to mount the alternator to the right side of the engine, help support the manifold and create a serpentine belt system.

The cost of the modifying the fuel system, buying a Megasquirt and O2 sensor selfed the project.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:39 pm 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
Ya it is a gm m90 and I am hoping to maybe get the injectors to 30 degrees. But we will have to see I need to get the fuel rail(ordered from eBay ) and a set of moch up injecters. Then I'll remeasure every thing to see what will work.as for the crank pulley I turned one out of aluminum at work . so a little bit more info I'm hopefully going to run both this supercharger and a single turbo. I did come calculations according to a formula online and it said I need to look for 70 lbs injectors , does this sound accurate? And I plan on running an intercooler before the turbo and meth injection and tune the ms2 for e85. Hope this gives some more insite for opinions!!!! Than again for every ones input

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:31 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
So you're going to run a compound turbo AND supercharger?

If so, I would think I'd want the inter cooler after the turbo and before the SC. Meaning the turbo will increat intake air temp, run through the IC to cool it as much as possible before hitting the SC bc the SC will raise the IAT again.

If you place the IC before the turbo it will only cool intake temps to around ambient temp, which is basically getting your intake air from outside. Hope this makes sense.

Engine, turbo, inter cooler, super charger, engine.

Sounds interesting for sure.

225, Offenhauser, Holley 350, A833OD, 3:55, GM HEI,99 Durango starter
BOOSTED! WH1C, BIG FMIC, 10#
Operation Noble Eagle 03-05
Operation Iraqi Freedom 05-07
Operation Enduring Freedom 12- 13

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:23 pm 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
Yup that's what I meant i/c in between the two guess that's why they always stressed proof reading in english....tobad I was always drawing pictures of cars on my note book :roll:
So any way what should I calculate my engines BSFC as I'm guessing around .65 to .7 right ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:09 pm 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
Yup that's what I meant i/c in between the two guess that's why they always stressed proof reading in english....tobad I was always drawing pictures of cars on my note book :roll:
So any way what should I calculate my engines BSFC as I'm guessing around .65 to .7 right ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:21 pm 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
And another thing I just thought of how much will e85 affect that number since e85 a/f ratio is much richer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:52 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
As far as the whole calc on injectors and mega squirt, that would be others. I understand it and I can do calculations but I don't trust myself w them just yet.

Of the e85 portion, it's not so much as running richer, it's that you need more of e85 to get the same result of gas. Roughly 20% more? I'm sure others will chime in. The upside though is that e85 helps stay out of detonation.

In the old engine I ran gas through my holley, one day I dumped 17gal of e85 in the tank. Reset my idle, changed jet size (Percy adjust a jet) and drove all over. With no other changes either. But this is carb.

I will say this and I'm sure more will too, the one single part you should invest in is a wideband O2 gauge/sensor. This makes tuning so much easier. And w mega squirt, you can somehow connect them. I got one and not even boosted....yet :twisted:

Maybe try a search for mega squirt or bsfc etc, I'm sure others have some numbers around here somewhere.

Keep us posted.

225, Offenhauser, Holley 350, A833OD, 3:55, GM HEI,99 Durango starter

BOOSTED! WH1C, BIG FMIC, 10#

Operation Noble Eagle 03-05

Operation Iraqi Freedom 05-07

Operation Enduring Freedom 12- 13

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:39 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
Some pics of SL6 efi and blower solutions, purely inspirational:

http://www.projectplato.com/cars/bigredhome.html

Olaf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:06 pm 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
Well thanks for all the input so far. I just finished welding up the plenum and now I have to wait on the fuel rail blank to come in and then find a set of moch up injectors to figure out just how far I can lean the bungs over. Then its weld it up and send it off to power coating then when I get it back I will do all the finish machining. Then I get to start the exhaust and turbo set up.!!! I'm getting closer to being able to hock up all my gadgets to get her and see if they all work together so wish me luck and I'll keep every one posted!!!!!!