Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Race Results
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:57 am 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
WOW what a weekend. We got both races in on Saturday and it was CRAZY but for the most part everyone had a great time.

It took us awhile to get racing on Saturday, the new system didn't want to talk to the old equipment, but they finally got it working well enough to race. The tree worked, but the score boards didn't, nor did the printer at the end of the tack. So Kay and I had to go to the tower after every round to get every ones results.

"Friday's" Race: A tail of Break Runs and Winning at the Tree
Round 1

Jack Everhardt Vs Meril Bruner. Meril left after the last time trial due to concerns about getting home after dark this resulted in a Bye/Break Run for Jack.

Rodney Hargis Vs Lukus Bruner. Lukus had car trouble during the time trials and also headed out giving Rodney a Bye/Break Run.

Jack Everhardt (Jack's son), racing my little red Lancer, drew the Bye Run

Ron Hamby Vs Rusty Heisten. Ron beat Rusty at the tree with a .052 reaction time to Rusty's .156 rt. Rusty was not able to over come Ron's better RT advancing Ron to the next round.

Gary Bruner Vs Norm Foster. Gary also beat Norm at the tree with at .050 RT to Norm's .296. Norm stated that his car just wasn't a race car. But he plans to return at Bristol.

Round 2:

Ron had a Bye Run advancing him to the Semi Finals.

Jack Vs Jack. Loved seeing the father son battle. Jack was able to put his dad on the trailer. Once again the reaction time is what determined the race.

Gary Vs Rodney. These guys were the first pair out from after a round of Super Pro. The track left Cross Talk on resulting in Rodney cutting a .125 (compared to his average of .04 for other passes last night), handing Gary the Win.

Round 3 Semi Finals

Gary had a bye run moving him into the finals.

Ron Vs. Jack. The Cross talk was STILL on for causing Ron to cut a horrible light also, but my car DIED at the Line on Jack sending Ron on to the finals.

Round 4 Finals

Ron Vs. Gary. Prior to race Ron and Gary agreed that no matter what the results of the race was if Cross Talk was on they would re-run the round. 1st attempt: Cross Talk was on Gary won, Ron left at the same time Gary did. Cooled down, fueled up and headed backup to try again. Track rebooted computer to attempt to clear out Cross Talk and that finally worked. Ron beat Gary at the tree by better than .06 seconds giving Ron the win.

Meril, Lukus, Rusty, and Norm 5 Points each.
Rodney and Jack (Dad) 15 points each
Jack (son) 25 points
Gary 35 points
Ron 45 Points

Last edited by MrsLancer on Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Results Continued
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:42 am 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Saturday Night Race

Rodney Vs Jack (dad). Jack knew if he was going to beat Rodney he'd have to do it on the tree, he got just a bit over anxious and jumped the gun sending Rodney to the semis.

Ron Vs Jack (son). Jack cut a very respectable .073 light (just like he'd done all night), but it just wasn't good enough to beat Ron's .035 Rt. Ron advances to the semi finals.

Rusty Vs Gary. I don't really remember what happened here. I THINK Gary broke out. He had been running in the 12.20, 12.19 and ran a 12.102.

Semi finals

Rodney Vs. Rusty. Rodney got Rusty on the tree with a .050 to his .166 light, but it still was an ABSOLUTE nail bitter Rodney ran 8.32 on a 8.31, Rusty BROKE OUT by .01 running a 6.871 on a 6.88 dial

Ron had the Bye Run into the finals.

Finals

Ron Vs. Rodney. Rodney drilled Ron on the tree, .014 vs .070. Neither Kay or I drew a breath until they announced the winner. "It looks like Rodney's got him, did he cross the line first? Rodney's got him if he didn't break out..." Ron ran dead on his dial in and Rodney broke out by .03 running a 8.27 on 8.30 dial in.

After the race talking with various drivers, there was no way to race the top end, where the lights and such were not functioning properly "It was like driving into a black hole."

Jack, Jack and Gary 5 points each
Rusty 15 points
Rodney 25 points
Ron 35 Points

Last edited by MrsLancer on Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Yeah
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:42 am 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Yeah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:50 pm 
SSRN National Champion

Car Model:
Alanna That was a very good blow by blow description of the races. Thanks for your hard work to put on a good race. It was good race weekend as they all are in spite of all the system problems at the track. It was good to spend some time with all the slant six guys and gals. It was good to chat with Rusty and see his Lancer lower his class speed record. Also driving your Valiant may have given Jackie the bug to join us and do more slant six racing.

Thanks Ron

Post subject: Red chair
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:03 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Anyone find my red chair Elaine is about to skin my hide for leaving it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:33 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model: More cars than sense...
Thanks for the detailed write up and points! I'll get the Championship thread updated shortly.

Glad to see Rusty made that long tow all the way out for the race. Did he say if he was planning to go to Clay City?

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:09 am 
SSRN National Champion

Car Model:
Norm, We figured it was yours so Gary took it home to leave it at Meril's for you.

Ron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:27 am 
SSRN National Champion

Car Model:
Rob, Rusty did say their plans are to be at Clay City.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:06 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
Wow, sounds like lots of excitement, and OK some frustration too. I am so glad to hear that Rusty and Norm and Jackie made the races and I hope they all had fun.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Bristol, and I am sorry I missed the fun!

Slant on,

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:29 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Congrats on the Double Weekend Race wins Ron!

Sounded like a fun time for interested parties involved.

Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:39 am 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
Sure was a good time it’s too bad the track wasn’t organized and the swamp pits. I wanted to pit over with you all but I knew Friday night seeing all the ruts I was making I would sink. We made it home at 830 last night with 1 blown tire, no lug wrench used a crescent wrench, blown exhaust manifold that melted the wiring to trailer brakes that stopped me on a 5% hill and a broke speedometer. Im thinking Crossville is my kryptonite from towing out last year to be rained out and this year. Looking forward to clay city

Someone told Jeff I set a new 1/8 record but without time slips im not sure what we need to do

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:01 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model:
rheisten wrote:

Someone told Jeff I set a new 1/8 record but without time slips im not sure what we need to do

See if Alanna can get the printout from the tower to serve as your timesilp.

Greg

Post subject: Rusty's Record
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:20 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Time slips are not available due to the printer not working BUT I recorded everyone's rounds.

Rusty had the following ET's:

6.909 1st Time Trail
6.919 2nd Time Trail

6.91 1st Round 1st Race

6.883 1st Round 2nd Race
6.872 2nd Round 2nd Race

Current Record B/A.....9/26/14.......Rusty Heisten ............1/8 Mile ET......6.881...........'61 Lancer...........Clay City, KY.........2473#

I THINK he would have had to have another pass in the 87s to officially set a record.

Hope that helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:12 am 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model: 65 Valiant 2Dr Post
If a record was set, I think in this instance we should use Alana's numbers and call it good. This is a case where we did nothing wrong and no time slips were given.

As for cross talk! Oh my. I thought that had been put to bed for good! :lol: It sounds like the track could not get it to shut off even though they tried?

Congrats to Ron and everyone!

Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:25 am 
SSRN National Champion

Car Model:
They finally figured out that if they rebooted the computer it would turn cross talk off.