Dear Slant Sixers,
We have the Eastern race schedule confirmed for 2016. Please check back here and/or with the race coordinators as you make plans to attend these races.
1) May 14-15, Mason-Dixon Dragway, Hagerstown, Maryland. Saturday Slant 6 drag race. Sunday Mopar show with Slant 6 drag race. Friday night test'n'tune! 1/4 mile. Race coordinator is Rick Covalt.
2) June 25-26, Thunder Valley Dragway, Bristol, Tennessee. Saturday and Sunday Slant 6 drag races. 1/4 mile. Friday night t'n't also!! Race coordinators Brian Mimken and Jack Everhart.
3) July 22-23, Knoxville Dragway, Maynardville, Tennesee. Friday night and Saturday Slant 6 drag races. 1/8 mile. Race coordinator Gary Bruner.
4) August 19-20, Wilkesboro Dragway, North Wilkesboro, N. Carolina. Friday night and Saturday Slant 6 drag races. 1/8 mile. Saturday morning car show at Empire Chrysler Plymouth starting around 9 AM. Sponsor Tim Harrold - Empire Chrysler Dodge Jeep. Race coordinators Ron and Kay Hamby.
5) September 24-25, Mountain Park Dragway, Clay City, Kentucky. Saturday and Sunday Slant 6 drag races. 1/4 mile. This is part of the Mopar Southern Classic show, swap, and drags, as in previous years. Race coordinator is Ron Hamby.
6) October 8-9, Mason-Dixon Dragway, Hagerstown, Maryland. Saturday Slant 6 drag race. Sunday Slant 6 drag race. 1/4 mile. Race coordinator is Rick Covalt.
Midwest races for 2016 (part of Eastern schedule):
1) April 8th & 9th, MoPars Invade Mo-Kan, Asbury, Missouri. Friday night 1/8th mile, Saturday 1/4 mile. Contact Mark Goodman or Rusty Heisten
2) June 5th, MoPars Invade Centerville, Arkansas. Sunday race. 1000'. Contact Mark Goodman
3) November 5th, MoPars at the Park, Tulsa, Oklahoma. Saturday race. 1/4 mile. Contact Mark Goodman
Mark and all, I thought I would separate the Midwest-based races so that it is easy to see the geographic race areas. Tell me if you want this combined, but it seems cleaner this way.
Clay City and Mason-Dixon may move depending on whether Clay City will have a Mopar show this year. The new owners have not decided on that yet.
Let's go racing!
If you're not careful, you might end up where you were headed.
Last edited by Dart270 on Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.