Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:04 pm 
1 BBL (New)

Car Model: 62 valiant v200
Redwood City would not issue a permit for our annual assembly this year! But there was still a US open on a golf course. :roll: I guess we just need to drive golf carts with slant 6's in them.
Let's hope the pandemic works itself out for next year.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:05 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Sorry to hear that.

I would see if some member of the community has a large enough yard or tract of land to donate to the cause and see if you can relocate the meet to a private Ranch.

Follow the guidelines and wear your mask / bandanas.

Greg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:32 am 
Guru

Car Model: Many Darts and a Dacuda
It is sad that the Bay Area SL6 community can not meet-up this year but better "safe-then sorry".
Today is the last Sunday in September (9-27-2020) so today always "feel" like I should be at this meet.
I am also remembering John Moran, who helps put this meet together.. He passed earlier this year

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=65248

Hoping we can get this meeting back on the schedule for next year and I think we should rename the meet, to remember John Moran.
DD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:45 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model: 1964 Dart GT
I hope that we can do this next year. Maybe twice to make up for lost time.
I hadn’t heard about John Morans passing. He was a nice guy. I bought some Slant Six News issues and a remote side view mirror from him many years ago when the meet was at Alviso. He always had cool old stuff for sale at the meet.
He will be missed. A befitting memorial should be done when things open back up. I will be happy to help out when the time comes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:14 pm 
1 BBL (New)

Car Model: 1973 Plymouth Scamp SL6 225
Hello all,

Sad to hear about the cancellation of this years event. Been looking forward to this for quite sometime. 2020 has disrupted the rhythm of many events and celebrations. Yet I've found a few new outlets for classic car owners. The link is for some in San Jose. We've attended all three events posted. The Saturday night cruise is run by the Pharaohs Car Club, good guys. Till recently Ronnie Ogas did some Saturday morning cruises, Casa De Fruta, San Juan Batista, and Calaveras to name a few. All were fun and the response to the Scamp was excellent.

Since the Redwood City event is off, I would suggest we meet up at Ronnie's Morning Get Together this coming Saturday, 10th of October. As much as I enjoy seeing classic muscle cars and big block motors meeting up with Slant 6 owners is that much better. I will be there 8:30am and due to recent mods have some parts for sale/trade/free. Health and happiness to all.

GB

https://saturdaynightcruisers.com/