Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:41 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: 14 x 5" steel rims
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:02 am 
1 BBL (New)

Car Model: 1968 Plymouth Satellite
I know everyone always asks this question but in the trunk of the "68 Satellite were 5 matched 14 x 5" J rims. They are 5" deep and are the large bolt pattern. (4.5"). They have no tires on them and I am wondering about their value as I can not really find anything regarding the large bolt pattern rims just the small bolt pattern. I cleaned off one rim and it was dated October 7, 1967. They were made in Canada.
Thanks,
Al in Maine

Post subject: Re: 14 x 5" steel rims
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:06 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
I bet many people would actually scrap those.

I might try your question on a B body specific web site.

I m not sure they are very desirable except for an OE Concours 100 Point Restoration.

The Hi po 340 / 383 A bodies of the same vintage had 14X 5.5 SBP Rims from the factory.

Sorry I cannot Help you put a value on them - I am sure I have a set of 5 from my 73 barracuda - Same story, 'cept It's hard to fit 5 rims in the trunk of an E body!

Greg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:43 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Just like Greg stated, someone may have interest in them for a restoration but they aren't desired outside of
that. (I have a set of 15x7 stock mopar LBP rims that were for a future project.)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:07 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model: Slant Six M37
Narrow wheels, are unexpectedly useful in snow and winter conditions when paired with narrow tires.

14" Tires are getting harder to find, and cars that can utilize a 14" wheel and tire combo.. If I had a mopar that I was willing to run in the winter, I would be all over those wheels..

Fat tires, and wide wheels are great on asphalt, and to some they look good, but I would rather have a narrow tall winter tire and wheel combo on my winter vehicle. In my experience it makes a noticeable difference between making it over the crest of the hill, or almost making it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:11 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Jase wrote:
Narrow wheels, are unexpectedly useful in snow and winter conditions when paired with narrow tires.

14" Tires are getting harder to find, and cars that can utilize a 14" wheel and tire combo.. If I had a mopar that I was willing to run in the winter, I would be all over those wheels..

Fat tires, and wide wheels are great on asphalt, and to some they look good, but I would rather have a narrow tall winter tire and wheel combo on my winter vehicle. In my experience it makes a noticeable difference between making it over the crest of the hill, or almost making it.

That is true.

My winter rims on my 79 Volare Duster were 195-75-14s for years.