Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:50 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
olafla wrote:
You should read the links in the FAQs.

All suppliers of spark plug wires have those, or you can make one yourself. To put it simple, it is a wire with spark plug terminals in both ends.

Olaf.

Thanks for the reply. The coil I have does not have the standard spark plug end on it, it looks like a spark plug end but it is smaller. To summarize: I have to go from this smaller male prong(on the coil) to the standard distributor female receptacle(for lack of a better word). I was hoping someone knew of a car that has this type of coil to distributor wire so it's easier for the Napa guy to help me out. I've already contacted Magnecor and they've quoted me for the coil wire plus a set of plug wires, so I'll probabaly go with them. But I was hoping to get the HEI swap done and test it out this weekend with my old plug wires.

By the way I have read the info in the FAQ's along with a bunch of other threads. I try to find answers before posting, but I just couldn't find a definite answer to this question...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:54 am 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
If you order the wires from Magnecor they will provide whatever type of connectors that you need, and will make a custom length based on your mounting location.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:37 am 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
Good to see you found a solution. Is there a possibility that you could get the original wire from the same place you got the coil and module?

sam03v wrote:
By the way I have read the info in the FAQ's along with a bunch of other threads. I try to find answers before posting, but I just couldn't find a definite answer to this question...

A very sensible approach, there's an incredible amount of info there! :D

Olaf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:51 pm 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
olafla wrote:
Good to see you found a solution. Is there a possibility that you could get the original wire from the same place you got the coil and module?

Actually I did grab the original wire when I pulled the coil, but the other end doesn't fit into my distributor.

Magnecor quoted me a custom coil to distributor wire and a full set of plug wires for a what seems to be a reasonable price.