Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:11 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Updated points
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:37 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model: More cars than sense...
Here are the updated National Points with the Wilkesboro records added.

Ryan extended his lead, three way points tie with Lou and the Jacks, and the Kentucky Poser and Norm Foster climbed a couple spots.

Come to Knoxville, TN 16-17 August for three more opportunities to climb the ladder! :D

Attachments:
Points through Woodburn 19 Records.JPG
Points through Woodburn 19 Records.JPG [ 128.46 KiB | Viewed 8765 times ]

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject: POINTS CORRECTION!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:37 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

POINTS CORRECTION!!!

Thanks for catching my mistake Lou. :wink:

If there are two races on the same day you only get points for one race, not both. It's 5 points per DAY of racing.
I had mistakenly given everyone 5 points for every race, so the folks racing at Wilkesboro with double races each day had 5-10 too many points.

Corrected points below. If you click on the image it should open it up larger.

Attachments:
Points through Woodburn 19 Corrected.JPG
Points through Woodburn 19 Corrected.JPG [ 128.39 KiB | Viewed 8746 times ]

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject: Knoxville Results
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:03 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

We had a great weekend of racing down in the Holler at Knoxville Dragway this weekend!

Three races were contested and when the smoke cleared it was Jackie Everhardt III that came out on top as our new National Points leader!!

At the end of Friday night his Dad, Jack Everhardt Jr. was tied with Ryan Covalt for the points lead.

It wasn't until the finish of the final race on Saturday when Norm Foster broke out with 8.27 on his 8.28 dial to give Jackie the win that he inched ahead to take the lead.

We had several new faces with a total of 5 Rookies making passes this weekend as well!

Isaiah Bruner jumped into the Rookie of the Year lead, winning three rounds and even putting Rodney Hargis on the trailer at his home track.
Mistie Bruner jumped into another one of the Bruner Slanted Dakotas to make a few passes and win a round on Saturday to take the #2 spot.
Father and son Brad and Brett Padgett brought their recently completed White Rat '63 Dart up from Rome, GA to join in on the fun. Each of them won a round as well.
CJ Simmons wrestled his Dad and older brother Chase out of the keys to the GodsRods Duster II to join the fun. He's looking forward to Clay City before he ships out to Army Basic Training in October.

The next race of the season is at Clay City, KY 6-8 September. Look for an official Roll Call and make plans to "Come out and Run with the Slants!!"

Attachments:
Knoxville.JPG
Knoxville.JPG [ 145.25 KiB | Viewed 8603 times ]

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:15 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Rolling into Clay City here is where the Top 5 racers sit:

Jack Everhardt III and Jack Everhardt Jr. both have 40 attendance points and have won rounds at 5 events.
Ryan Covalt only has 15 attendance points and has won rounds at 4 events.
Ron Hamby only has 20 attendance points and has won rounds at 5 events.
Lou Madsen has 30 attendance points and has won rounds at 4 events.

Attendance points are capped at 60 for the season and you count round win points for your top 5 events only.
You also get 20 bonus points for setting a record.

Of the Top 5, only Ron Hamby remains to set a record this season and he has a plan to do it.

Ron and both Jacks will start to give up round points at Clay City.

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:09 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model: Lancers
And the tension builds as to who will win!!!!
Does anyone have a sterile pressurized living container complete with medical staff that I could borrow for Clay City?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:28 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
Thanks for the fun rundown, Rob. Congrats to all racers at Knoxville for a fun time and round wins for most (all?) racers. Nice to see some lead changes and several rookies in the mix!

Lou

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:08 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

moparfrank wrote:
And the tension builds as to who will win!!!!
Does anyone have a sterile pressurized living container complete with medical staff that I could borrow for Clay City?

I sure wish I did, Frank!

It would be great to have you there!!

I'll try to post updates and pics as the weekend progresses.

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:46 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Rob have we received our points for breaking a record? Norm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:50 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Challenger wrote:
Rob have we received our points for breaking a record? Norm

Yes Sir, All six of us. :wink:

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:24 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Rob Simmons wrote:
My money is on Ryan again this year.

Jack Everhardt Jr. busted me out on this comment during the Knoxville race. He tied Ryan Friday night and then climbed ahead Saturday by 5 points. Meanwhile, Jack III took the overall lead.

I ain't gonna crawfish and change my bet, but I would love for one of "The Jacks" to win the Championship. Even better would be a final race father-son tie breaker!!

Quote:
In case of a tie for the number one position only, if both contestants are present at the final race, we will try to run a single round tie breaker (dial-in) race for the number one position.

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:28 am 
Turbo EFI

Car Model: 1963 Dart 270, 1980 D150
I see a showdown brewin'!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:15 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

As “The Jacks” are scheming their Slant 6 Domination down in Elizabethton,… Here are my thoughts on the rest of the season…
(I haven’t added a lot of color commentary this year [to many people’s relief, I’m sure], so I’ll pontificate a little now – Just skip ahead… :wink: )

Points and Performance Index are what determine the Championship.

Points are awarded by winning rounds, attending races and setting records (one per season).

The Jacks have the points lead going into Clay City, but they will have to win at least two rounds to add points (replacing a one rounder with a 2+ rounder).

Ryan has one more event to add round wins before he starts to give up points to the “Over 5 Rule”. He also has the best Performance Index so far.

They have all set records and will be receiving the same attendance points, so those parts are the same… Or are they…?

The Jacks will max out on attendance points at the Mason-Dixon race in October, which is typically the last race of the season… Ryan will still have points to gain going into…
Tulsa Time!!

(Y’all remember a couple years back when the Championship was real close & that doggone Kentucky Poser stirred the pot a little with his Tulsa Time post, don’t ya?)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=60327

Well,… It’ll be Tulsa Time again the first week of November after the dust and tire smoke have settled from the Mason-Dixon race and folks gotta decide on making that long tow to finish up the season…

Who will be in the lead after Mason-Dixon? Will Ryan or The Jacks decide to head West for their fame and fortune..?

Will Ron Hamby and/or Lou Madsen make a push for the Championship?

Stay tuned right here to find out!

I’m Rob “Snagglepuss” Simmons, your Slant 6 “Laff-A-Lympics” Drag Racing commentator, bringing you the latest happenings and stirring the pot in our 2019 Championship Series!

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject: Clay City Results
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:32 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

We had some great racing, great weather and great comradery at Clay City, KY this weekend for the 21st Annual Slant 6 race.

Rodney Hargis was a force to be reckoned with as he won both races and put himself in contention for his 4th National Championship.

Ryan Covalt was cutting lights, winning rounds and dropping his ETs for more records. He got that light blue Valiant into the 6s in the 1/8 mile and re-set the ¼ mile record as well. With his Semi-Finalist and Runner-Up finishes he climbed back to the top of the leader board too!

Jackie Everhardt III won two rounds to hold on to the #2 spot just one round ahead of his Dad, Jackie Everhardt Jr. who also won two rounds to land in the #3 spot.

The top 3 racers all gave up one round to the “Over 5 Rule” where only their best 5 races are counted.

Isaiah Bruner was running the Funny Truck and won another round to give himself an even stronger lead as Rookie of the Year.

First time Slant 6 racer Austin Houpt drove Rick Covalt’s beautiful Ram truck down from PA and was seen making lots of practice rounds Friday night. He had a great time and will surely be at the Covalt’s home track at Mason-Dixon next month to do it again.

I spoke to Rodney late Sunday and he shared with me that the two races this weekend were his 29th and 30th event wins! He also said he would be bringing his broom to Mason-Dixon for another clean sweep!

So, if you want to see some great racing action and a close competition for the National Championship, make plans to be at Mason-Dixon Dragway 12-13 October!

I’m Rob “Snagglepuss” Simmons, your Slant 6 “Laff-A-Lympics” Drag Racing commentator, bringing you the latest happenings in our 2019 Championship Series!

Attachments:
Points thru CC 19.JPG
Points thru CC 19.JPG [ 132.17 KiB | Viewed 8382 times ]
Clay City 19.JPG
Clay City 19.JPG [ 85.39 KiB | Viewed 8382 times ]

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject: Leader Overall Points
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:02 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Here is a Snip of the overall points for the Top 7 racers coming out of the Clay City race and setting the stage for the Mason-Dixon Brawl next month.

Attachments:
Top 7 thru CC.JPG
Top 7 thru CC.JPG [ 97.65 KiB | Viewed 8379 times ]

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:36 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

The Mason-Dixon Brawl is just days away! Can you feel the tension building?

Ryan has probably been busy with his young family and businesses and hasn't touched the car since Clay City (driving his dad Rick nuts! :lol: ) His car was running beautifully at Clay City with its fastest times ever and Ryan was killing the tree, so he should be okay at his home track this weekend.

The Jacks have surely been spending a lot of time together making sure their vehicles are in good shape in order to be ready for what they hope will be their "Father-Son Championship Tie-Breaker".

Rodney, in his typical calm manner, has probably been just living life with this race and the potential for his fourth National Championship tucked somewhere in the back of his mind. He has the broom in the car trailer for his clean sweep at Mason-Dixon; no worries...

Weather looks good with nice cool temps in the mid 60s this weekend.

Ryan has a cool way of dialing in his car. He will often dial about a tenth quicker than his last pass. That way if (when) the car goes faster he sets a new record without breaking out. Win-Win! :shock: :D It has obviously been working well for him.

Stay tuned here for the latest blow by blow!

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser