Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:00 pm

All times are UTC-07:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:42 pm 
Offline
Supercharged
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:03 pm
Posts: 7725
Location: IRWIN PA
Car Model:
Share your settings for Rip Roaring AutoX and Track Day setups Here.


Also Include what Chassis / Body you run along with estimated Weight of car.



I actually have to go to the shop to look at my Settings for Grüne Hölle, But I figures this e who have been on track or avoiding cones can get it started!


Greg

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/hyperpack
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:55 pm 
Offline
Supercharged
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:03 pm
Posts: 7725
Location: IRWIN PA
Car Model:
64 Grüne Hölle Dart summer 2020

No Idea on weight yet.
Caster +5.0⁰ to +5.75⁰
Camber -0.75⁰
Toe 1/8" toe in

Wore the outsides of the front tires after 3 AutoX events this summer.

I had some understeer. Might try for -1⁰ to -1.25⁰ camber.


Greg

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/hyperpack
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:32 pm 
Offline
Supercharged
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:32 pm
Posts: 7834
Location: SW Washington
Car Model: Fiat 500e
Radials need quite a bit of negative camber for best grip so the front end was aligned for almost -3° camber and whatever small amount of positive caster I could get. Toe was a tiny bit inward. Maybe 1/8" total. I did not experiment with toe out. This alignment was achieved through the use of four (4) Moog "Problem Solver" offset upper control arm bushings to shorten the working length of the upper control arms and adjustable strut rods to pull the lower ball joint forward slightly. I made my own back nylon lower control arm bushings. Stability was fine, but not as much of a concern as lap times. Steering was 16:1 manual.

Front springs were 1.04" Mopar Performance torsion bars. Front sway bar was a 1 1/8" Addco with custom mounts. Rear springs were from an ex State of Oregon Dart sedan and had 5 leaves. There was no rear sway bar. Shocks were HAL which are now sold as QA1 Stocker Star single-adjustable.

I ran an 8 3/4 rear end with cut and resplined C-body wagon axle shafts and 10x2.5" drum brakes. The bearing-to-axle face dimension is longer on non-A-body axles to accommodate the wider brakes. This ends up making the assembled axle a little wide. I had tire rubbing issues until I switched to polyurethane spring bushings. I flipped the front spring hangar to lower the ride height. I was losing lubricant out the rear axle vent so I pried off the cap and ran a hose into a catch can in the trunk.

I learned something about balance when I disconnected the front sway bar for a rain race and found the car better balanced without it.

_________________
Joshua


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:09 pm 
Offline
Supercharged
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:03 pm
Posts: 7725
Location: IRWIN PA
Car Model:
Good stuff,

Thanks Josh.

Greg

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/hyperpack
Image


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC-07:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited