Slant Six Forum
https://www.slantsix.org/forum/

1972 Dodge Colt
https://www.slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=63924
Page 83 of 83

Author:  hyper_pak [ Mon Aug 17, 2026 4:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 1972 Dodge Colt

I am game for whatever we decide.

Ok, Oil Filters.
I know it's been beat to death, I never had a problem before.

This NAPA Gold 1515 started leaking at the track.
It leaked at the last T&T also.

The red seal will not stay in the groove.
Here is what it looked like when I removed it.

It looks silicon to me.

Attachments:
OIL Filters (1) s.jpg
OIL Filters (1) s.jpg [ 80.77 KiB | Viewed 4364 times ]

Author:  hyper_pak [ Mon Aug 17, 2026 4:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 1972 Dodge Colt

STP S8AXL looks exactly the same.

Old smaller NAPA Gold, in a WIX box, looks like real rubber seal.
It's the smaller size.

Attachments:
OIL Filters (2) s.jpg
OIL Filters (2) s.jpg [ 96.14 KiB | Viewed 4362 times ]
OIL Filters (4) s.jpg
OIL Filters (4) s.jpg [ 102.77 KiB | Viewed 4362 times ]

Author:  hyper_pak [ Mon Aug 17, 2026 4:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 1972 Dodge Colt

Bringing the trailer back home the other night I had a flat.
Turned out to be a good thing.
The China Bombs on the trailer that were holding air were all out of round.
And they are not that old.

So we are changing them all to be ready for the tow.

Breakaway battery was dead also.

Add that to the list.

Author:  Greg Ondayko [ Mon Aug 17, 2026 4:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 1972 Dodge Colt

Get a set of goodyear marathons or whatever they are called now.
May as till be made in china but i have had good luck with them.

Author:  hyper_pak [ Mon Aug 17, 2026 4:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 1972 Dodge Colt

I am working with Dave Ansbeck in VA on rear shock settings.
Last runs were leaving at 4200.
CC will be 4500.
After it went straight he suggested some changes from my baseline for the new launch.
So I have changed them accordingly.
Also .25 inch more right preload.

I was only to adjust one of the front shocks.
Re-Bound on one is stuck.

But it stuck on the good end so I am just going to send it.

New belts from Summit to line someone's pockets.
Not mine.

Another well wisher suggested loosening the tamer slip.
I can do that as well.

As Confucius says "F around and F out!"

Author:  hyper_pak [ Sun Sep 06, 2026 12:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 1972 Dodge Colt

Looking for a few lost tenths, I know they are here somewhere............

Attachments:
Looking for a few more tenths.jpg
Looking for a few more tenths.jpg [ 234.66 KiB | Viewed 4114 times ]

Author:  Dart270 [ Sun Sep 06, 2026 2:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 1972 Dodge Colt

Just don't break it before Clay City! ;)

Lou

Author:  Team Green [ Mon Sep 07, 2026 7:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 1972 Dodge Colt

I think I found at least 3 tenths.
It could be on the shelf in the background.

Clifford intake and the 4 BBL carburetor next to it.

Jr.

Author:  Greg Ondayko [ Mon Sep 07, 2026 9:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 1972 Dodge Colt

Quote:
I think I found at least 3 tenths.
It could be on the shelf in the background.

Clifford intake and the 4 BBL carburetor next to it.

Jr.
:D :D :D
Jr. Will be in town with a nightly show all week folks!

Author:  hyper_pak [ Mon Sep 07, 2026 10:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 1972 Dodge Colt

Quote:
Quote:
I think I found at least 3 tenths.
It could be on the shelf in the background.

Clifford intake and the 4 BBL carburetor next to it.

Jr.
:D :D :D
Jr. Will be in town with a nightly show all week folks!
That should be real entertaining.

Author:  slantzilla [ Mon Sep 07, 2026 7:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 1972 Dodge Colt

Quote:
I think I found at least 3 tenths.
It could be on the shelf in the background.

Clifford intake and the 4 BBL carburetor next to it.

Jr.
There's a pain that will linger. :mrgreen:

Author:  hyper_pak [ Tue Sep 08, 2026 5:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 1972 Dodge Colt

I found my oil leak.
My adapter for oil pressure and the low pressure switch was cracked where it goes into the oil pump.
When I put a wrench on it, it broke off.
Glad I found it this week and not next week.

Author:  Greg Ondayko [ Tue Sep 08, 2026 5:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 1972 Dodge Colt

Quote:
I found my oil leak.
My adapter for oil pressure and the low pressure switch was cracked where it goes into the oil pump.
When I put a wrench on it, it broke off.
Glad I found it this week and not next week.
Good find! I hate those pesky leaks.

Author:  slantzilla [ Tue Sep 08, 2026 6:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 1972 Dodge Colt

Had the same thing happen out in Iowa a few years ago.

Author:  hyper_pak [ Tue Sep 22, 2026 2:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 1972 Dodge Colt

Man! What a weekend!
I have been to a few of our races, but that last weekend was something else.
I think we all realized how special our community is.
In spite of the track folks, our slanters really came through.
Rob, thank you.
Lou, you really busted butt and made it work, and thank you for your generosity.
Dennis, same for you, I appreciate you coughing up for the track rental.
Matt, thanks for treating us to lunch, I was blown away.
And for everyone else, thanks for showing up and making some great memories.
If I missed anyone else, thank you.

And Seymour, we were thinking about you, Rest In Peace.

As for Deb and I we had a great time, couldn't have been better.
I was really afraid after the long tow to KY and the rain Friday night that it might be her last.
But Will, Terry and Stephanie showed up with old blue and things started to turn around.
Then Saturday, lunch, Seymour memories, and track opened to bright sunshine, thing were looking better.
The old bucket of Colt bolts ran a PR right off the trailer by a TON and things were a lot better.
12.66 @ 105.4
Good racing at a break neck pace and before you know it, it was over.
So good seeing old friends, making new ones, and just the best time.
If you missed this one, try not to miss the next one.
It was EPIC.

Here is the link to my PR pass on U-Tube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5f5hwE3g_o

Attachments:
20260919_201444 s.jpg
20260919_201444 s.jpg [ 117.5 KiB | Viewed 3028 times ]

Page 83 of 83 All times are UTC-07:00
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
https://www.phpbb.com/