| Slant Six Forum https://www.slantsix.org/forum/ |
|
| Another day at Monroe https://www.slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48292 |
Page 22 of 22 |
| Author: | kesteb [ Tue Nov 26, 2024 9:33 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Another day at Monroe |
A short teaser on the Dart. https://youtu.be/u4n3VuD3bgY Other Dart stuff on the channel also. |
|
| Author: | slantzilla [ Wed Nov 27, 2024 1:05 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Another day at Monroe |
Thanks for the update. |
|
| Author: | kesteb [ Thu Feb 20, 2025 3:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Another day at Monroe |
Carb fiddling with the Duster, and the fun begins. https://youtu.be/upfkL__P7so |
|
| Author: | Reed [ Thu Feb 20, 2025 5:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Another day at Monroe |
Cool. Glad to see the Duster up and moving around. |
|
| Author: | Dart270 [ Thu Feb 20, 2025 11:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Another day at Monroe |
Thanks for the nice update. Looks like good progress. Enjoy! Lou |
|
| Author: | kesteb [ Fri Jun 27, 2025 11:26 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Another day at Monroe |
I am slowly starting the assembly of the Darts engine. I am currently going thru the Dutra oil system modifications and then I'll proceed to the "Slant Daily Garage" additions. The question is where do you add the oil squirter on a cast crank block? |
|
| Author: | kesteb [ Thu Jan 15, 2026 12:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Another day at Monroe |
I am starting a series on building a high performance Slant Six. This is for my wife's Duster. The ultimate goal is to turbo charge this engine and have some fun. Building a high performance Slant Six Introduction: https://youtu.be/aczuDiNod6k Block Prep #1: https://youtu.be/aczuDiNod6k Block Prep #2: https://youtu.be/HaZ2w-xXGok Block Prep #3: https://youtu.be/qZR8kAohZFc Channel Update: https://youtu.be/KCHzPXngYyg Turbo Intake #1: https://youtu.be/_GpDdUdoJRw Turbo Intake #2: https://youtu.be/ofd3CO3jkdI Oil Pan Mods #1: https://youtu.be/GDiuuCogsfg 2v Intake Mods #1: https://youtu.be/Ex1I6z0MSTg 2v Intake Mods #2: https://youtu.be/TGXyr5S7h94 Oil Pumps Galore #1: https://youtu.be/UuoRxj0_pas You can follow my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/@theshadetreeprojects4806 |
|
| Author: | kesteb [ Tue Aug 04, 2026 4:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Another day at Monroe |
I just got the crankshaft back from the machine shop. Every indication that this crank had been ground to .010 on the mains and rods. The box it came in said so, it was marked on the crank itself. But the reality is that it was ground .010 on the mains and .020 on the rods. The lesson is to check everything when assembling an engine. Another delay, now I need to buy different rod bearings. |
|
| Author: | Dart270 [ Wed Aug 05, 2026 11:58 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Another day at Monroe |
Oh crap! That sucks. I always plastigauge everything before I do final assembly. If the machine shop assembled it, I use a prybar and or turn it over and check at least ballpark clearances. Good luck with the reassembly. Lou |
|
| Author: | kesteb [ Sun Aug 30, 2026 11:24 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Another day at Monroe |
Estimated time of availability for King AM bearings at .02 is mid November. Order placed, now it is a waiting gaming. |
|
| Author: | Greg Ondayko [ Sun Aug 30, 2026 12:27 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Another day at Monroe |
Quote:
Estimated time of availability for King AM bearings at .02 is mid November. Order placed, now it is a waiting gaming.
Depending on what supplier you purchased them through they might arrive pretty fast. They were drop shipped to me and I remember being pleasantly surprised with the arrival time. That is what i remember last time I bought some kings. They are made in Israel... or at least the set(s) I bought some time ago. Best of Luck! Greg |
|
| Author: | kesteb [ Wed Oct 07, 2026 12:30 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Another day at Monroe |
Bearings have been shipped. I might get a short block assembled before winter. |
|
| Author: | slantzilla [ Thu Oct 08, 2026 7:58 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Another day at Monroe |
YAY!!!! |
|
| Page 22 of 22 | All times are UTC-07:00 |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited https://www.phpbb.com/ |
|