Slant Six Forum
https://www.slantsix.org/forum/

Clutch no longer available?
https://www.slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=68767
Page 1 of 2

Author:  arms [ Thu Sep 24, 2026 4:07 am ]
Post subject:  Clutch no longer available?

So im new to forum. I bought a 1984 W100 slat six, four on the flour, 11” clutch, low mount starter. I can’t find a clutch anywhere! Just a replacement, not a $6000 Ram racing clutch that probably wont work either. This thing has some goofy kind of flywheel that has the six pressure plate mount holes on some cast standoff spuds. Every flywheel Ive ever seen is FLAT! Nobody has a clutch for this setup. I got sent a clutch from ebay and the disc and throwout bearing are fine but the pressure plate must be V8. Wont fit in bellhousing. Can anyone help?

Author:  Dart270 [ Thu Sep 24, 2026 4:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Clutch no longer available?

I bet you have the 9.25" stock type clutch. Measure the diameter of the clutch disc, not the flywheel.

Lou

Author:  arms [ Thu Sep 24, 2026 4:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Clutch no longer available?

The disc is surely 11”. Bolt circle on pressure plate is 12”.

Author:  arms [ Thu Sep 24, 2026 4:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Clutch no longer available?

Was trying to send pics but aren’t showing up.

Author:  Dart270 [ Thu Sep 24, 2026 6:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Clutch no longer available?

Sorry I misread your post. Yes, you have the big 11". Others on this site maybe know? I believe Greg Ondayko has used Rochester clutch and I bet a place like that can set you up. Ebay and online stuff will probably be a no go.

Lou

Author:  Dart270 [ Thu Sep 24, 2026 7:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Clutch no longer available?

This is the place that our amazing Slanted citizen Greg Ondayko has used reliably.

https://www.falconauto.com/

I will be sending stuff to them to rebuild soon, and I bet they can help you out. If you have the old stuff, you could send it to them for rebuilding and upgrading, or see if they have outright purchase options. I usually pays (in time and money) to use the experts...

Lou

Author:  arms [ Thu Sep 24, 2026 7:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Clutch no longer available?

Thanks so much Lou! My 3rd slant six. 75 duster and a 74 valient. Both automatics though. 😂

Author:  Greg Ondayko [ Thu Sep 24, 2026 8:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Clutch no longer available?

Give falcon clutch a call.

He can likley rebuild and reline your existing parts.

See if you can get the Flywheel surfaced locally.

Cheers!


Greg

Author:  Greg Ondayko [ Thu Sep 24, 2026 8:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Clutch no longer available?

It also might be worth trying kentucky clutch as well:

https://kyclutch.com/

They helped me out when I did a self rebuild of simple failed levers on one of my pressure plates that did not need resurfacing of the pressure ring.


Greg

Author:  arms [ Thu Sep 24, 2026 9:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Clutch no longer available?

Awesome. Thanks so much!

Author:  Greg Ondayko [ Thu Sep 24, 2026 11:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Clutch no longer available?

Quote:
Awesome. Thanks so much!
Yep, good luck with it!

I would like to see that clutch/pressure plate/flywheel configuration sometime.

Greg

Author:  arms [ Thu Sep 24, 2026 1:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Clutch no longer available?

I choose an image and submit but it doesn’t show up? Do I have the procedure wrong?

Author:  Rick Covalt [ Thu Sep 24, 2026 1:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Clutch no longer available?

See his other post about this.. It seems that he has that oddball recessed flywheel / PP that we ran into on Andrews truck. I bet it is cheaper to install a flat flywheel and standard 10 1/2" clutch than getting his rebuilt. Not even sure how they would surface the recessed flywheel face? Although I'm sure it can be done somehow.

Author:  Greg Ondayko [ Thu Sep 24, 2026 3:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Clutch no longer available?

Quote:
See his other post about this.. It seems that he has that oddball recessed flywheel / PP that we ran into on Andrews truck. I bet it is cheaper to install a flat flywheel and standard 10 1/2" clutch than getting his rebuilt. Not even sure how they would surface the recessed flywheel face? Although I'm sure it can be done somehow.

Covalt clan knowa all about that.
I am sure you can set up the blanchard grinder for an ID. Recessed flywheel.

Greg

Author:  arms [ Sat Sep 26, 2026 5:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Clutch no longer available?

I am sure others would want to see this flywheel so they can gasp like I did. 🤪. I can’t figure out out to attach photo so if someone wants me to email it to them, I will. Catfishman0202@yahoo.com. Also it’s too close to snow season in the UP to monkey around. I put the clutch back in. It worked fine. Had transfer case out for a growling bearing so I figured I’d do it while assy was out. But, carefully Counted teeth on flywheel at 131. Is there something that stops me from getting a flat flywheel and 10.5 inch clutch without changing bell housing. BTW, have seen some photos online. Mine is NOT A low mount starter. I can take a photo of the casting number too. Not in garage right now. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC-07:00
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
https://www.phpbb.com/